Motorola Atrix or Samsung Galaxy S

darkraven

Disciple
Which one should i go for?(or should i cut my budget and settle with the defy)

Ill want to use the phone for a min. of 2 yrs and I expect the interface to be fluid,without any lag

p.s. What is a good buying(bid-winning) price for the atrix?

whats your main use... if you are too much in gaming consider atrix but without warrenty if u r buying from ebay.com(~230$ i guess) via sns...

but if not a diehard gamer than u will love the amoled and fluidic exp with galaxy s...

read the thread before.. actually dual core is not the necessity... i bought galaxy s via koovs waiting for delivery..

If you want to hold on to your phone for minimum of 2 years, then by all means go for Atrix. It is always better to get latest phone if you plan to hold on to it for long time. So go with Atrix. But remember Galaxy S is no slouch either. With its excellent hardware, you can still play games, listen to music, watch 720p movies, perform normal functions fast and do everything you like to do.

First think if you need dual core and its functions. Do you want to record at 1080p? Do you want to play 1080p movies? Do you play games often? I still think Galaxy S GPU is still good and can handle games but cannot be compared to Atrix with Dual core hardware. Do you want to open your apps faster? Other than that, everything is already done by Galaxy S with ease. Multitasking is also good on both models. So at the end, outweight the options to decide if you need dual core. If you do, then do not even think and go for Atrix.

Also remember that Atrix that you will buy by bidding from Ebay does not come with any warranty. So whatever phone you get is as-is. Assuming something happening to it, the repair expense is out of your pocket. With Galaxy S, you can find newer ones with warranty at 17-18k. Even slightly used ones with warranty for peace of mind.

So that is the main disadvantage of importing phone from US to India.

But this is not a big deal for you, then by all means choose Atrix. You will not regret it :)

IMO, the Atrix. The superb hardware itself seals the deal(dual core, 1GB RAM), having a dual core SoC inside improves each and every aspect, browsing, multitasking, speed, fluidity. Talking from experience, my Nexus S cannot hope to be as fast as any dual core Android phone right now.

Also, the Atrix has almost double the battery life compared to the SGS. The 1900mAh battery also helps a lot.

Also, I currently have the Sensation, which is my main phone, and the Nexus S is now a PMP for me.

This will be my first android/smartphone....so cant gauge how much ill be addicted to gaming...but sure,ill be using the phone for multimedia(music,watching movies),occasional pdf reading and checking out apps

The things i like in the atrix are...its looks,tegra 2(future proof),battery life and it being the best bang for the buck

The things i like in the galaxy s are....amoled(i just love those dark colors),5.1 dolby sound(best in any android)

But the atrix doesnt have a warranty and the galaxy s is quite old and not a dual core phone...

This dilemma got me to think of buying the defy....play with the android os...get into terms with modding and stuff and then buy a better phone later... :(

Also to people who have bought the atrix....Have any serious problems cropped up so far that needs a warranty???How risky is it buying the phone without a warranty?

I personally like Samsung Galaxy S because of the awesome screen. But it certainly is very old and will be phased out.

But I don't trust the Atrix and its buggy software. Galaxy S has awesome community support, and some of the best custom ROMS are available for it. Can't say that for the Atrix though...

darkraven said:
This will be my first android/smartphone....so cant gauge how much ill be addicted to gaming...but sure,ill be using the phone for multimedia(music,watching movies),occasional pdf reading and checking out apps

The things i like in the atrix are...its looks,tegra 2(future proof),battery life and it being the best bang for the buck

The things i like in the galaxy s are....amoled(i just love those dark colors),5.1 dolby sound(best in any android)

But the atrix doesnt have a warranty and the galaxy s is quite old and not a dual core phone...

This dilemma got me to think of buying the defy....play with the android os...get into terms with modding and stuff and then buy a better phone later... :(

Also to people who have bought the atrix....Have any serious problems cropped up so far that needs a warranty???How risky is it buying the phone without a warranty?

With Defy you do know that gaming is seriously outdated. How about LG Optimus 2X? It seems you can get one for 20k. Here is the thread that is discussing about this deal - http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/lg-opimus-2x-20k-good-buy-198873.html

While you are spending 15k for Defy, why not spend 2-3k and buy Galaxy S. Since the next major ICS 4.0 update will be coming to Nexus S first, it will be ported to Galaxy S because of both phones having similar hardware. Nexus S and Galaxy S have similar hardware. So whatever update coming to Nexus S will find its way to Galaxy S. With Defy, I am not sure about it getting ICS 4.0 let alone 2.3 Gingerbread. So think about that before you commit to Defy. Other than that, Defy is also a pretty decent handset

LG O2X is a good buy. But it isn't as speedy as the Atrix, Sensation or the SGS2.

The SGS will not get a quick port of the ICS update that will come to the Nexus S, the same was said for Gingerbread, nothing of the sort ever happened. Even though they have similar hardware, there are still a lot of differences in the way the two run. BTW, the Nexus Prime will be the 1st phone to get ICS.

I would still suggest the Atrix over the SGS, BUT the Atrix will get the ICS update later, since the SGS has a much better community behind it.

Although, for 20k I would suggest either the Nexus S or the O2X. Nothing else, not even the SGS.

Defy is a great phone, but it's cheap for a reason. If you want, you can get the Defy now, and then get the Nexus Prime when it comes, at the end of this year. Do note, Defy's version of Android is going to be different, thanks to MotoBlur.

aka007 said:
Get the photon 4g.

Best phone for a prize tag of ~350$

And please stop comparing the SGS with the ATRIX 4g. atrix is anyday better.

I just wanted to know whether warranty would be an issue with atrix 4g.

Thanks for the suggestion...yeah...I found the photon 4g to be better than the atrix....but why is it available for a lesser price than the atrix??And is it globally unlocked for cdma and gsm??

darkraven said:
I just wanted to know whether warranty would be an issue with atrix 4g.
Thanks for the suggestion...yeah...I found the photon 4g to be better than the atrix....but why is it available for a lesser price than the atrix??And is it globally unlocked for cdma and gsm??

It is cheaper than atrix as it is a cdma phone but globally unlocked. But sprint has locked the phone within US. So even if the phone is unlocked it cant be used in US. But if you unlock the phone it can be used in India without any problems.

what about the camera quality of atrix ?

has it change for good after GB upgrade ?

is there a scope by any means for the custom roms devs to fiddle with the camera settings or drivers to

create something good out of the muddy camera ?

plz guys.. me buying one within a day.. plz let me know..

is it even better than galaxy s (captivate) or worse ?

wat abt 720p video recording (is the 3gp mode hampering the quality of the same) ?

Back