MTNL Broadband speed capped.

sunnysibal

Disciple
Hey Techies.

I am subscribed to 999 unlimited 1 Mbps plan from MTNL. Today I found my speed has been capped to 320 Kps. Please suggest, if anyone else's speed have been capped.

I was about to post about the same thing. The speed are really bouncy since the past 2-3 days. Currently, my download speed seems to be going at 18KBps. It started out with 67-80KBps and dropped slowly. Yesterday night, had the same situation, but after 12:00AM, it managed to sustain 2Mbps speeds. I hope it's only a temporary issue from their end. Don't want to end up paying 1.6k for this shit speed. :p

EDIT: There it goes, back to 1Mbps. It's not capping for sure. I think their server is trying to balance the load of these new time based plans. Either that, or it some sort of server upgrade.

^ Actually he is isn't posting any false info he is showing speedtest and wanted to clarify with the other members of the forums.

I had a talk with MTNL people they have said that the contention ratio has peaked up causing all these speed issues they are expecting it to be fixed by next week.

Hi guys,

Its not capping, they are slowing down the connectivity so that we get slow speeds. I started a thread a few days ago titled bad pings or something with MTNL, well they dont have fup yet so, they been slowing the net by dropping packets. I noted this since a week now that btw 12 noon to 6pm there is considerable packet loss and speeds are btw 50k to 80k, am on the 1333 unlimited pack and 6pm onwards, it slowly starts becoming normal and speeds shoot up.However, night 10pm to 8am, speeds of 2mbps are fine.

Jus feel MTNL is trying to introduce FUP

dinjo said:
^ Actually he is isn't posting any false info he is showing speedtest and wanted to clarify with the other members of the forums.

I had a talk with MTNL people they have said that the contention ratio has peaked up causing all these speed issues they are expecting it to be fixed by next week.

Which number did you inquire about this on?

dinjo said:

He could have made thread with title "Low speeds onf MTNL Broadband.." OR atleast put a question mark after his thread title.what he has written in thread in pure simple english means that the speed has already been capped and he is informing us about it.Which clearly is not case here.

The speeds are back to normal now. However, I have observed that MTNL Broadband service is getting poor in Delhi. I am getting frequent drops while surfing.

Is it it normal for everyone from Delhi?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I l try to be more specific next time bro...

w1nD said:
He could have made thread with title "Low speeds onf MTNL Broadband.." OR atleast put a question mark after his thread title.what he has written in thread in pure simple english means that the speed has already been capped and he is informing us about it.Which clearly is not case here.

MTNL has been poor since March when they started experimenting with their different gateways to properly cap connections that weren't capped before. Since when, when I was in Navi Mumbai, I experienced a LOT of disconnections, packet loss, poor service, etc. Unfortunately, I was moving to Chennai, so there was no point to switching back to local fiber, which we had before MTNL. In April, I suffered the most, with the Funday thing, when that would literally KILL my connection.

@sunnysibal I don't seem to be facing any problems luckily, checked with a friend's connection as well.. here's a speed test from just now.. btw am on the same 999 - 1 Mbps plan

1337835032.png

Can't comment about surfing though, as i'm using the connection purely for downloads.. and have completed around 8GB downloads each day since the last 3-4 days

So are ur speeds back to 1Mbps now?

One thing I have noticed is the MTNL modem doesn't seem to sustain the adsl connection for more than 7-8 hrs at a stretch, after which it reconnects immediately and a new IP is assigned. Doesn't seem to happen on my airtel connection though.

I am on the 750 UL plan and my speed is the same as it was ever.
and connection is also in excellent condition (no disconnections).
i still get about 70 to 80GB of data download (i don't have the space to store any more data so half the time VUZE is just Seeding.)

there is definetly no FUP involved yet or if it is then it is more then reasonable as against Airtel or reliance.

Niks said:
@sunnysibal
One thing I have noticed is the MTNL modem doesn't seem to sustain the adsl connection for more than 7-8 hrs at a stretch, after which it reconnects immediately and a new IP is assigned. Doesn't seem to happen on my airtel connection though.
tht happens regularly for me too...... after abt 6hrs it dc and reconnects with new IP........

So far havnt encountered any download speed problems....... ping is good for gaming too.......

loving the endless parade of speedy downloads on Sunday...... 2Mbps full day is awesome.....

Hey Guys,,, 1 more problem I am facing with this. I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but felt that I should discuss this.

I am using MTNL with 'BSNL DNA-A211-I Wirelss modem'. The internet works on both of my PCs but it doesn't works on my Galaxy i 9000 phone. the phone connects through the wireless ad gets a Wireless IP too, however it doesn't allows any browsing. I tried my phone on other Wireless network and it worked without any problems, however am facing problems while using the MTNL connection on my Galaxy Phone.

Is there any tweak or something that I am missing ? Or MTNL doesn't supports this ?

panzer008 said:
tht happens regularly for me too...... after abt 6hrs it dc and reconnects with new IP........

So far havnt encountered any download speed problems....... ping is good for gaming too.......

loving the endless parade of speedy downloads on Sunday...... 2Mbps full day is awesome.....
It disconnects exactly after every 6 hrs , it is not a glitch , thats how mtnl had configured it.

Arjun said:
It disconnects exactly after every 6 hrs , it is not a glitch , thats how mtnl had configured it.
Dont worry..... am not complaining abt it....... 6hrs DC is not something to complaint abt, after getting such good plans, speeds and service...... Cheers to MTNL Triband

Back