Multiplayer beginner

H_D

Adept
Jul 2, 2008
Delhi
Hi gamers,

I have never played multiplayer before but i am feeling an urge to start playing now and for that i am looking forward to order cs: source and cod4 from flipkart. But before starting everything i would like to know the basics of multiplayer gaming.

So, tell me what games i should buy and what else is need to be done so i will be able to play online and connect to you all or people around the world.

I only like fps games, so cs and cod4 are my all time favorite and they are most famous of them all shooting games i guess(?). I was looking forward to order bfbc2 but its out of order on flipkart/letsbuy both.

Kindly help this newbie so he could also have fun of this great multiplayer gaming.

Regards

http://www.flipkart.com/games/itmcnzhgnkzukq5u?pid=avmcnzhgnkzukq5u

http://www.flipkart.com/games/itmczcs5c4jnbsmf?pid=avmcnzhghk4pcpje

stalker

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
What you should be concerned about is the game that's currently the flavor of the season.
Else, if you buy older stuff, you'll be stuck with no one to play against.

My vote for BF3 :p

nanoneo

Adept
Jul 21, 2009
Get Steam and download TF2, now that it's free to play. Best multiplayer game to start off with as it's really well balanced. Plus, its free!

H_D

Adept
Jul 2, 2008
Delhi
What i am concluding is that i should not buy cs source or cod4?

chiragsthakur said:
I think I have Battlefield Bad company 2 code for free... Will check and get back to you...
Thank you!

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
That depends upon you... I am not aware how many people would be playing COD4 still online...So COD4 should not be your choice.. CS has players 24x7..But CS????...

If you can spend more get BF3 and start your MP gaming with an awesome game... Or for less price or even free BFBC2 would be great

challapradyumna

Skilled
Aug 11, 2011
Bangalore
you should start with cs. Not much to learn point and shoot. No ranks no perks just simple awesome multiplayer gaming. You get the feel of teamplay in cs rather than one man show.

fire

Disciple
Aug 10, 2009
BF3 multiplayer definitely not good for someone new to multiplayer gaming. Ask me, after some 15 odd hours am still a lvl 13 guy with .4 K/D ratio.. Well it could just be me. Gonna try TF2..

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
Does K/D matter or the feel of the game matters???? BF3 can be enjoyed fully even if our K/D is low. There is a lot to do in this game... Yeah opinions may differ, but getting depressed by looking at K/D is not good, people with K/D below 0.5 also enjoy it a lot.... :)

jc36lect3r

Skilled
Sep 5, 2009
BF3 is more complex than CS, but the multiplayer experience is also smoother in BF3. It still still playable at high pings, where CS turns into a slideshow. The netcode is vastly improved, and most importantly, there are good number of playable servers. But yeah, Origin is a pain.

My advice would be to start with CS, Source or 1.6. Its simple, fast and fun. There are almost no low ping servers in COD4 (from India).

memnom

Adept
Nov 21, 2006
If u are an absolute novice, don't buy anything instead get this. The BF P4F runs on an updated version of BF2 engine with all the great maps and with a lot of depth for you to uncover. Its not as "bland" as CS and its not as complex as BF2/BF3. Eg, the guns have just enough recoil to let u know that u are not playing an arcade game but enough to make u believe that you are actually spraying a Scar-L. Best of both worlds.

But u do get a very inflated sense of what MP has in store for you and whether or not you are up for it.

From here you can progress to BF3/CS/TF.

P.S i don't recommend COD MP to a beginner cause i personally feel its a bit too "pedestrian". No offense to any COD lovers here.

pr0ing

Adept
Sep 4, 2006
Free - Team Fortress 2, Quake Live.
Others - Battlefield 3, CS 1.6, CS: Source, Battlefield Bad Company 2 etc.

Give the free ones a try first, then if you still want something different, buy the game which has a good player base.

No love for RTS games?

fire

Disciple
Aug 10, 2009
chiragsthakur said:
Does K/D matter or the feel of the game matters???? BF3 can be enjoyed fully even if our K/D is low. There is a lot to do in this game... Yeah opinions may differ, but getting depressed by looking at K/D is not good, people with K/D below 0.5 also enjoy it a lot.... :)

You are right, heck i wont stop playing it. Just wanna check out how TF2 is. But for a person new to multiplayer(like me) i would still say it has quite a long learning curve.

fire

Disciple
Aug 10, 2009
Sure thing! Will do it today.

Last i checked it was around 10gb. Gawd it would take atleast a day to download @ 2mbps.

H_D

Adept
Jul 2, 2008
Delhi
I have been playing fps shooter games as they come out but the *ahem* versions. I am not very new to gaming but i am very new to online gaming which i think will be a new experience for me as most of the users there are playing those games all the time so they definitely have better skills and quality in their gameplay.

My only concern is a shooter game that can be played online w/o any restrictions.