Need 10-22k Android for use in dubai

salluks

Adept
Will be upgrading from 5230 which i absolutely hate, looks and feels like a cheap Chinese phone!..

my reqs - phone needs to be Thin,after using the 5310, i dont think ill be able to use thicker phones anymore..and touchscreen should be really good!!!

2..good music player and battery life... calls wont be much, but need very good battery life and music quality as ill have to use dubai metro for 3 hrs every day:S.

3.should last for at least 3yrs( and be able to get whatever android updates during this time) its obviously too much to ask this :bleh:.

4. camera not so important as i lose interest in it after a week or so.

5. internet browsing needs to be decent as ill buy a lappy soon..

6. big inbuilt memory, as ill put a lot of songs in it.

id wait for next gen dual cores, but for my reqs i think they are an overkill, and battery might be a problem.

oh, pls dont suggest nokias as i would like to try out android.

ive looked at few..

galaxy ace seems to be slow with less ram

moto defy looks thick and weird. are they reliable?

don't know much about HTCs but they seems to always have problems.

Budget is not fixed, but will be buying a lappy too as i don't think ill get used to phone internet browsing anytime soon.

ethanhunt123 said:
HTC Desire is a good option. Its available in India for around 22k. But getting Android updates for 3 years ?? :) Nice chance buddy.
He didn't ask about official updates. The HTC Dream/Magic is more than 2.5 years old now but still has an active dev community and unofficial updates including some Gingerbread ROMS.

Maybe I am generalizing but I am yet to see an android phone with very good battery life. Anyways , If it were me , id buy the HTC Desire , it's selling for 21.xk and at that price , its pretty much your best bet.

For 20k , you can also get the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 , better camera and bigger screen as compared to desire but software updates are slower.

ill be buying in Dubai and not in India. i dont like defy so much for some wierd reason.. i do like the galaxy ace, but seems it has a slow ram already.. dont know how it will last for long.

Back