Need a 15k phone with the best battery life for a friend

X-jo

Disciple
Nov 21, 2010
This is for my friend

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 15k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: sud not have any 2g issues with the phone.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Internet, messaging, music

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: should have the best battery life in 15k

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: None

My friend needs the best battery backup phone for 15k, he uses whatsapp, browses the net and music too. So need the(any) phone with the best battery life. I suggested Omnia W. Any thing other than that with the above requirements?

X-jo

Disciple
Nov 21, 2010
I can't seem to find it anywer online. Is that the one for 10k ? My friend can spend 15k and is there any such similar ones for 15k?

thanks

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
#[member='sunny27']

Not everyone is comfortable loading custom ROMs and looking from OPs post his friend doesn't sound like a guy who installs custom ROM.

#x-jo

Omnia7 is a good option for your friends needs. Its a very slick device with pretty powerful hardware and very optimized software.

Another option is HTC One V which can be got for ~15.5k or so with discount coupons.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_omnia_w_vs_nokia_lumia_710-review-715p4.php

http://blog.gsmarena.com/were-done-testing-the-htc-one-v-battery-life-here-are-the-results/

Both Omnai W and HTC One V have excellent battery life when browsing.

vantheman5211

Creator of fu*ktron
Skilled
Apr 29, 2010
I think darky is right.

You should just increase the budget a tad bit and go for the htc one v.if he wants a simpler os then go for windows.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

H2O

Skilled
Feb 10, 2008
#[member='sunny27']

Not everyone is comfortable loading custom ROMs and looking from OPs post his friend doesn't sound like a guy who installs custom ROM.

#x-jo

Omnia7 is a good option for your friends needs. Its a very slick device with pretty powerful hardware and very optimized software.

Another option is HTC One V which can be got for ~15.5k or so with discount coupons.

http://www.gsmarena....eview-715p4.php

http://blog.gsmarena...re-the-results/

Could you tell me more about the HTC One V and these coupons.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
One V user here. Battery life is, If i complete charge at say ~9pm at night.. It will show the ~15& warning by tmrw 7~8pm. Average browsing and app-ing. and around 4~5 hours talking also.

From today, I am turning my data connection off also. Will post how much it gets.

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Neo V is selling for ~16.4k or so in Sulekha (Only blue)[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]There were deals of HTC One V for ~15.4k or so in ebay using their 10% (w/o limit) coupon last week. So if they had issued that coupons this week too you can get it for that rate.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Else you can get it for ~16k or so using HDFC 10% off or ebay's generic 5% off coupon.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]As #m-jeri says even gsmarena had mentioned the standby time of the One V was below par. But the talktime and web browsing times were among the top 5 in their battery test.[/font]

#[member='harry_houdini']

The Galaxy Ace is not worth 13k and the Ace plus is not worth 15k. The Defy/Defy+ is a decent option. But the One V is a better option since it has ICS out of box and also a better screen and a better camera.

X-jo

Disciple
Nov 21, 2010
Nokia 603 or Nokia N8 or Nokia 701.

Android & Windows phones have poor battery life. Not sure about BB.

nokia n8 is out of his budget, nokia 603 has 1300 mAh, same goes for nokia 701.. I havent used or even seen these phones. say if 2G is on continously , and from 100% charge how much time will it stay if we do some messaging and heavy whatsapping?

Get Defy+ and load a custom rom.

again , how much does defy+ give. i would like to hear user reviews on battery of the phones. i dt think he will install custom ROMs and neither will he allow me to do that :p,

#[member='sunny27']

#x-jo

http://www.gsmarena....eview-715p4.php

http://blog.gsmarena...re-the-results/

does HTC One V give more than Omnia W w.r.t battery?

and by Omnia 7 you meant Omnia W WP7 or I8700 Omnia 7 ?

One V user here. Battery life is, If i complete charge at say ~9pm at night.. It will show the ~15& warning by tmrw 7~8pm. Average browsing and app-ing. and around 4~5 hours talking also.

From today, I am turning my data connection off also. Will post how much it gets.

your data connection is gprs/3g or wifi? and how long do you use the data? can you also tell by charging it at full 100% and putting data on 2G eg..

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
#X-jo

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I meant the newer Omnia W with WP7.5. Typo. It has a slick interface and good battery life. But it wont be updated to WP8 due to its h/w. [/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]But still its the best h/w you can get in a 14k phone. Just ask your friend to take a demo of it. If he is comfortable with the OS then its a good choice for his usage.[/font]

X-jo

Disciple
Nov 21, 2010
#X-jo

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I meant the newer Omnia W with WP7.5. Typo. It has a slick interface and good battery life. But it wont be updated to WP8 due to its h/w. [/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]But still its the best h/w you can get in a 14k phone. Just ask your friend to take a demo of it. If he is comfortable with the OS then its a good choice for his usage.[/font]

yup, i suggested Omnia W as my bro has it and its awesome. Thanks bro

I use 3G. It was always ON as i said before. Today, I have turned off connections.

kewl, waiting to hear results
<