Audio Need a 2.1 Speaker system for my PC - Dual monitor setup (where to mount speakers?)

Budget is around 25K max. - can stretch only to certain bit.

Mostly music and youtube.. sometimes games.. but not much into the game effect..

I have dual monitor setup , my old tarang 2.1 is sitting - one speaker behind the monitor and one in front ..weirdly placed , adjusted balance to match to certain extent.

So need a speaker setup which can either go behind and below the monitor which has a rough gap of 5"

Or i can mount from above(wooden cabinet) , which comes a total

Height : 6 inch
Depth : 9 inch
Length : 25 inch

LAYOUT PICTURE :

in the above , if there are speaker i can place , i can mount them(possibly horizontally i guess) and place the sub below the desk

I thought of getting a soundbar with sub , then many discouraged from that idea.

So what should i get ?

2 active speakers + 1 good sub + 1 amp/dac ?

or get something premade/assembled like logitech Z series ?

Last edited:
Budget is around 25K max. - can stretch only to certain bit.

Mostly music and youtube.. sometimes games.. but not much into the game effect..

I have dual monitor setup , my old tarang 2.1 is sitting - one speaker behind the monitor and one in front ..weirdly placed , adjusted balance to match to certain extent.

So need a speaker setup which can either go behind and below the monitor which has a rough gap of 5"

Or i can mount from above(wooden cabinet) , which comes a total

Height : 6 inch
Depth : 9 inch
Length : 25 inch

in the above , if there are speaker i can place , i can mount them(possibly horizontally i guess) and place the sub below the desk

I thought of getting a soundbar with sub , then many discouraged from that idea.

So what should i get ?

2 active speakers + 1 good sub + 1 amp/dac ?

or get something premade/assembled like logitech Z series ?
I've done some research on this (albeit at a much tighter budget of around 15k). There are 2.0 setups for your budget but 2.1 seems to be a bit difficult. I remember reading someone using an aiyima t9 along with RB42 Passive speakers but then that leaves the subwoofer again.

Another one that I looked at was a combination of edifier speakers (such as r1280/r1700bt) and their T5 Subwoofer. There are different variants but basically the ones with S has subout. If you see most of the reviews of the T5 subwoofer, that is what most people are combining it with. There's a whole bunch of stuff about how the highpass or lowpass filter or whatever it is doesn't truly work but I didn't look that much into it as it was far out of my budget already, for the most part you can't really tell

If the DBs or s versions (which are fairly expensive rn considering the non subouts 1700 was going for as low as 10k in october), then the subwoofer RCA outputs can be used with the cheaper non s versions as well (albeit the RCA outputs won't have any filter but you shouldn't be able to tell that as the subwoofer will outperform them).

But for a desktop, a pair of studio monitors along with a seperate subwoofer might be a great pick. The Edifier MR4s were a great choice for under 12k (probably the best unless those jbl professional monitors go for sale for around 6/8k again), but they just lacked the bass for my dad and there was no budget to add a dedicated subwoofer.
However I've heard the JBL 306P mk2 are probably the best entry point in terms of studio monitors but they'll eat up your entire budget and from just pure assumption, a subwoofer's will play the lowend better than just the 2 speakers alone

Logitech Z series should also be good but I believe their 2.1 system is around 16k, at your price point you can get the 5.1 system I believe.

I personally bought an obage ht 144 for my budget. It's no audiophile system but it punches far above it's price. A random redditor returned his edifier m601db for these as he personally couldn't tell the difference. I'm honestly very impressed with it. It's obviously more V shaped but depending on the quality of the music production too, the vocals are very well presented. However at your price point you should be able to get better.

I suggest you wait for more replies from more experienced members though. This is just what I know after a few weeks of googling around.

there is a nob for bass which ranges from 0 to bass boosted not needed levels.. i usually keep it in the middle, its more than apt.
wish i could demo it... :(
I've done some research on this (albeit at a much tighter budget of around 15k). There are 2.0 setups for your budget but 2.1 seems to be a bit difficult. I remember reading someone using an aiyima t9 along with RB42 Passive speakers but then that leaves the subwoofer again.

Another one that I looked at was a combination of edifier speakers (such as r1280/r1700bt) and their T5 Subwoofer. There are different variants but basically the ones with S has subout. If you see most of the reviews of the T5 subwoofer, that is what most people are combining it with. There's a whole bunch of stuff about how the highpass or lowpass filter or whatever it is doesn't truly work but I didn't look that much into it as it was far out of my budget already, for the most part you can't really tell

If the DBs or s versions (which are fairly expensive rn considering the non subouts 1700 was going for as low as 10k in october), then the subwoofer RCA outputs can be used with the cheaper non s versions as well (albeit the RCA outputs won't have any filter but you shouldn't be able to tell that as the subwoofer will outperform them).

But for a desktop, a pair of studio monitors along with a seperate subwoofer might be a great pick. The Edifier MR4s were a great choice for under 12k (probably the best unless those jbl professional monitors go for sale for around 6/8k again), but they just lacked the bass for my dad and there was no budget to add a dedicated subwoofer.
However I've heard the JBL 306P mk2 are probably the best entry point in terms of studio monitors but they'll eat up your entire budget and from just pure assumption, a subwoofer's will play the lowend better than just the 2 speakers alone

Logitech Z series should also be good but I believe their 2.1 system is around 16k, at your price point you can get the 5.1 system I believe.

I personally bought an obage ht 144 for my budget. It's no audiophile system but it punches far above it's price. A random redditor returned his edifier m601db for these as he personally couldn't tell the difference. I'm honestly very impressed with it. It's obviously more V shaped but depending on the quality of the music production too, the vocals are very well presented. However at your price point you should be able to get better.

I suggest you wait for more replies from more experienced members though. This is just what I know after a few weeks of googling around.
Thanks for your detailed reply. I dont want to want to spend this much. Thats just a ballpark budget. If i get a good speaker for lesser price then . no issues with me.

I thought why not build a 2.1 system .. a good one.

The problem i face is the lack of space to place the speakers. Particularly with dual monitor.

wish i could demo it... :(

Thanks for your detailed reply. I dont want to want to spend this much. Thats just a ballpark budget. If i get a good speaker for lesser price then . no issues with me.

I thought why not build a 2.1 system .. a good one.

The problem i face is the lack of space to place the speakers. Particularly with dual monitor.
If 25k isn't your actual budget then those bookshelf speakers that I mentioned (edifiers) are a good shout out. If you look around on youtube, reddit etc it's definitely praised alot (you can search on this forum as well). They do have bass, not to the extent that your iball speakers would have (speakers at that price point from what I've experienced, focus on boomy bass to hide the rest of the frequencies that it cannot produce) but they would be far more cleaner and you'll honestly notice it immediately just how it overall sounds better.

However it's unfortunate you won't be able to demo most speakers for your setup. I got lucky when the Edifier mr4s that I purchased had a return window period (all the other edifier products were replacement only) so I tried it out for my dad, he wasn't impressed with the lack of bass and I was able to return them (this was after he himself stated he's not a "basshead" lol)

Your setup confuses me a little bit. The edifiers specifically, the r1700bt and the r1280dbs have their drivers or ports all on the front. Without getting into the technicalites of it, that basically means all the sound exits out in the front. If there is no air for it escape out, you can assume how the sound would bounce around there creating an overall boomy muddy sound. However keeping the speakers above you without them facing you, you won't be facing the sound and it's not going to be perfect, usable but not it's intended purpose.

The logitech z623 is a good 2.1 choice but it suffers in the clarity in it's other 2 speakers again compared to a combination of say an r1280 with the t5 subwoofer (but again you're going to pay more than double the cost of the z623 at around 25k

Btw is there no space on the side for you like this?
1703612908641.png

I would recommend the speakers in this picture itself (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...easurements-its-probably-been-upgraded.42941/)
However, like my dad who is coming from a 2.1 speaker to studio monitors, it was just far too less bass or kick without a dedicated subwoofer (they really still do try mind you), however for me I really liked them. You can checkout various youtube reviews and speaker sound tests (they're not accurate but they give a good idea of how they would soundlike or compare).

this should give a picture of my weird setup

kpfKu4d.jpg

The background space is little out of shape..

The length on top is around 30inch , but for full 9inch depth , we can only use 25inch of the length.

I cant place the speakers on either side of the monitor , literally no space.

Update

Ok just now i got the picture clear. I have to input directly to a sub which would then given L & R speaker out. So this way i can even use presonus speaker and get a good sub which will give this option , an t5 edifier or something else. i wouldnt need a dac/amp?

I have no other choice for now (might shift my setup to another room down the future). I have to mount them top , but i think i will tilt them a bit to face me. I have to look for a bracket which can do or come up with some other idea. placing speaker on far end is not an option for me.. If you look at current setup , my dell 27 is the main driver for display and benq is for secondary and they are placed oddly . Also have no space to place speaker on either side :(

will it be edifier 1280db/dbs which has separate sub out or presonus/mackie

Presonus and mackie are more studio monitors . all come at same price , inface little cheaper than edifier one.

For sub which would suite my need ? Will be happy to get a sub which will take input either as optical/rca/ and give out L&R separately. or can take separate sub in (1280dbs)

Last edited:
this should give a picture of my weird setup

kpfKu4d.jpg

The background space is little out of shape..

The length on top is around 30inch , but for full 9inch depth , we can only use 25inch of the length.

I cant place the speakers on either side of the monitor , literally no space.

Update

Ok just now i got the picture clear. I have to input directly to a sub which would then given L & R speaker out. So this way i can even use presonus speaker and get a good sub which will give this option , an t5 edifier or something else. i wouldnt need a dac/amp?

I have no other choice for now (might shift my setup to another room down the future). I have to mount them top , but i think i will tilt them a bit to face me. I have to look for a bracket which can do or come up with some other idea. placing speaker on far end is not an option for me.. If you look at current setup , my dell 27 is the main driver for display and benq is for secondary and they are placed oddly . Also have no space to place speaker on either side :(

will it be edifier 1280db/dbs which has separate sub out or presonus/mackie

Presonus and mackie are more studio monitors . all come at same price , inface little cheaper than edifier one.

For sub which would suite my need ? Will be happy to get a sub which will take input either as optical/rca/ and give out L&R separately. or can take separate sub in (1280dbs)
I think with regards to how you'll place the speakers you can bother with that.
The edifier r1280db or T at around 10-12k is a somewhat okay price. Above that, that being the DBs etc I feel are a bit pricy for what they give in return.
I've heard of the presonus 3.5 and mackies studio monitors before but according to the people over at audiosciencereview (They're very well versed with speakers but at times they tend to be quite out of touch with the end consumer) prefer the edifier mr4s over the other monitors.
These are the link from where I purchased mine from and they still have the return policy on them (maybe you might get the unit I returned itself lol). You could try them out, add a suggested EQ from the users on audioscience and see how you like them. What interface do you plan to use to connect them btw?
And subwoofer wise, as far as I know there isn't a whole lot available on the market which is active and is simply plug and play like the edifier t5. If my budget permitted me then this was what I would have run
There are a few cheap ones which look like one of those generic thin subwoofers you get from boat soundbars.

One amazon review that is well written about the t5 subwoofer
Alright - where even to begin? I've been an enthusiastic Edifier products user over the past two years, currently owning 5 different models of their powered bookshelf speakers. As of late, I've been eyeing compact subwoofers in the 8" range that I could add to my particular system to enhance the lower bass response. I am (was) particularly searching out inexpensive, yet competent 8" subwoofers to place under my computer desk since that's where I have my active bookshelf speakers positioned.

Now to be fair, there are several outstanding (other brand) 8" active subwoofer models on the market, but those models are priced higher - usually between $299 and $499 - and as I discovered, you tend to get what you pay for in most cases!

There is just 1 review on You Tube of the Edifier T5, and that one was done by Zeos Pantera, who I enjoy watching for a number of reasons. So I took a chance and ordered the Edifier T5 on Amazon. My reasoning in choosing the T5 (initially) is that I had previously also owned the Edifier S350DB 2.1 system and the T5 is basically the same woofer as in that system (albeit configured differently).

OK - so the T5 arrived - it looks great and definitely has a nice, weighty (and solid) feel to it (which is good). In the rear you have both RCA inputs and outputs (as opposed to many subwoofers that have only RCA inputs) - which was very important to me, but I soon came to realize that I had misconceptions about that aspect of the T5. In addition, it has one of the smallest (if not the smallest) enclosure that I've seen on 8" subwoofers.

You see, in the "other" more expensive subwoofers I alluded to above, they also offer both RCA inputs and outputs - but (and this is a huge "but"), in those cases you could use any powered speaker, run the music source cables (like from a Preamp or DAC) to those subwoofers, and then use additional cables attached to the "output"connectors of the subwoofer to run to the RCA inputs on your powered speakers. What occurs in "those" (a bit more expensive) subwoofers is that you can then choose a select crossover frequency (usually, 60, 80, or 100 Hz) to filter out the bass - meaning, that anything below those frequencies (you choose one) would be handled by the subwoofer, whereas all the frequencies above would be channeled to your speakers. This obviously takes the pressure off the 4", 5", or 6" woofer/midrange drivers in various bookshelf speakers and allows them to effortlessly focus on mid-bass and midrange frequencies.

The Edifier T5 subwoofer, however, does "NOT" filter frequencies like the more expensive versions do (i.e. Emotiva and Presonus). With the T5, the RCA inputs and outputs are just for pass-through (nothing is filtered or channeled between subwoofer and speakers). So in effect, if you try and connect your T5 to your active speakers this way, all you are doing is reinforcing (amplifying) the lower frequencies that your active powered speakers are trying to handle also. Now do note that the T5's do have a knob ranging from 50-60 HZ t0 160 HZ and if you set this to a desired low frequency cutoff, what this means is that the subwoofer will only reproduce the low frequences below the cut-off you select. However, again - the full frequency response is still channeled to your main active speakers. So choose your low frequency cutoff wisely here so you don't double-up or reinforce low frequencies that your active speakers already product.

Alright, so how did I use the T5? After trying the method above - and after I came to find out that no filtering takes place and the signal is just a straight pass through - I connected my Edifier R1850DB's bookshelf speakers using the dedicated 3.5MM subwoofer output on the rear of those speakers. I used a 3.5 MM to RCA Male set of cables, connecting to the T5. Now on the rear of the T5 is a knob showing bass frequency filter settings ranging from 50 to 160 HZ. I set this to between 70 and 80 HZ (everything in between the 50 to 160 Hz area are not marked specifically - there are just a bunch of notches, leaving you to try and decipher what is what). Remember, you get what you pay for here.

Well, so how does it perform? This T5 does best as an under-the-desk unit, connected to desktop speakers - let's say in a desktop computer scenario. I first tried the T5 in the living room and to be honest, it did not have the impact one would expect when watching dynamic movie scenes, and at times you'll hear "chuffing" coming from the port. However, when I transferred it upstairs to under my computer desk - attached to my Edifier R1850's - the combination provided a fairly nice balance (once I settled on the right frequency range for the T5 to handle).

Now here is a question that nobody has been able to provide an answer to this date. To begin with, since the T5 is an Edifier product, let's arbitrarily use the Edifier R1850DB's as the bookshelf speakers for the purpose of this particular question (since they have a subwoofer output connection in the rear of the active speaker). When connecting the 1850's to the likes of the T5, do the active speakers automatically "recognize" the subwoofer and then send low frequencies (below a certain point - and what is that particular frequency?) to the subwoofer? Or, does the subwoofer handle just a certain frequency range (below 160 Hz), thereby just reinforcing the same or similar frequencies that the speakers are handling? No one could ever answer this and I've asked this a million times on various forums. Edifier was remiss in not providing this information with the T5. It would most certainly be nice to know that a speaker will automatically recognize the subwoofer (when connected) to a model that has a subwoofer output on the rear of the desktop model. And furthermore, it would be nice to know that when recognized, what frequency do the bookshelf speakers automatically select to filter to the subwoofer?

Sound quality-wise, do keep in mind that we're dealing with an 8" woofer here - nothing revolutionary. It can certainly add bass, but I must confess that the quality of this bass and extension is limited to around 38 hz. I also have a 10" subwoofer by a well known audiophile brand (with RCA inputs and outputs that provide low frequency filtering and channeling) and the quality of bass from that unit is phenomenal and well balanced with any bookshelf speakers you add.

So in the end, for a super budget 8" subwoofer model, the T5 is a quality product - but then you do get what you pay for and for around $130 USD, there isn't anything revolutionary about it. You may be asking, "well, why not then just use the 10" subwoofer you also own?" Quite simple - it's much too large and my knee hits it every time I go to sit down by my computer. Thus my search for a smaller 8" model.

I'll be keeping the T5 because I believe it does quite well from 40Hz on up and at $130, it is an ideal match for many of the powered Edifier speakers. I do intend to getting one of those "other brand" 8" subwoofers (either a Emotiva or Presonus) that features an actual crossover filter that channels anything above the selected low frequency cross-over point on the subwoofer to the active bookshelf speakers..

In the end, how we use our audio products becomes subjective and no two folks will agree. If you're looking for a serious low-frequency contender in the compact 8" subwoofer arena, the T5 just may do - but for others, it may not provide what you are looking for in terms of general low bass reinforcement - but at least you won't be paying an arm and leg. I'm currently actively using it - it does the trick - but I do know there may be better choices out there if you are willing to spend a few hundred dollars more.

I did edit this review to update my assigning it 4 stars now (up from 3). And I am currently using the wonderful PreSonus Eris E5 XT 5.25" Near Field Studio Monitors. Using the Edifier T5 with these monitors provides a nice balance and I've been quite happy with this match-up.

Last edited:
Not related to audio, but i think the first thing you need is a monitor arm (atleast for the main monitor), allowing you to raise your monitor enough to accommodate both speakers under it. For your desk type, use grommet style

Second: An underdesk cable management tray with atleast 6-8 socket + usb extension board
Thats so nice of you.

Ok i was pondering the exact thing of placing the speaker yesterday. Option of going tilting the speaker above the monitor is the only option i thought. But that needs a dedicated U bracket (have to custom build) , thought of putting hte speakers flat above the speaker. Then i have to angle it towards me , that i cant get it properly with metal bracket as they wont behave properly. as for extension board , half is on UPS and half is on main powers. So thats why. The socket extender is mainly for stupid power adapters.. :(

Just now i was looking into speaker stands , then it needs a 9 inch gap above to put it upright.. i have only 7inch.

Even if i place the monitor on stand , I still have to put the speakers lying down.. but that will ok i guess.

Edifier 1280 Dimension :

Edifier 1280 : W:14.6 cm 5.7in H:23.4 cm 9.2in D:19.6cm 7.8in

As for cable , i do have a cable tray tuck underneath.. its still looks messy on photo , but its not much. Too many stuffs on power and hooked thats why.. :D There is atleast 60% more cables tucked and tied underneath.. :D

How about this from tuzker ? https://www.amazon.in/Tukzer-Monito...38F9YJ/ref=psdc_1375248031_t2_B0C6YFQXBW?th=1

Or should i stick to your recommendation ?

@Rezep Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.

For now i think i will either get a edifier 1280DB or MR4 . Work on these to get it placed . Might go with under the monitor option (horizontal position). Then i think on later date will add sub.

For now should i get plain DB version or get DBs version ?

Even from your quoted review , it says the t5 doesnt have a proper frequency filter .. what should i do ? if i get a dbs version , will it sort that issue ?
pulled the trigger

IDb8dZF.png

Subs will have to wait :)

Last edited:
Thats so nice of you.

Ok i was pondering the exact thing of placing the speaker yesterday. Option of going tilting the speaker above the monitor is the only option i thought. But that needs a dedicated U bracket (have to custom build) , thought of putting hte speakers flat above the speaker. Then i have to angle it towards me , that i cant get it properly with metal bracket as they wont behave properly. as for extension board , half is on UPS and half is on main powers. So thats why. The socket extender is mainly for stupid power adapters.. :(

Just now i was looking into speaker stands , then it needs a 9 inch gap above to put it upright.. i have only 7inch.

Even if i place the monitor on stand , I still have to put the speakers lying down.. but that will ok i guess.

Edifier 1280 Dimension :

As for cable , i do have a cable tray tuck underneath.. its still looks messy on photo , but its not much. Too many stuffs on power and hooked thats why.. :D There is atleast 60% more cables tucked and tied underneath.. :D

How about this from tuzker ? https://www.amazon.in/Tukzer-Monito...38F9YJ/ref=psdc_1375248031_t2_B0C6YFQXBW?th=1

For now i think i will either get a edifier 1280DB or MR4 . Work on these to get it placed . Might go with under the monitor option (horizontal position). Then i think on later date will add sub.

Even from your quoted review , it says the t5 doesnt have a proper frequency filter .. what should i do ? if i get a dbs version , will it sort that issue ?
pulled the trigger

IDb8dZF.png

Good choice, the r1280dbs bass itself might be enough for you even but definitely try it out and see first. And with the subout of the edifier 1280dbs, you should be able to just connect a t5 subwoofer in the future easily, adjust the low pass filter on the subwoofer to your desired freq and enjoy it.

Good choice, the r1280dbs bass itself might be enough for you even but definitely try it out and see first. And with the subout of the edifier 1280dbs, you should be able to just connect a t5 subwoofer in the future easily, adjust the low pass filter on the subwoofer to your desired freq and enjoy it.

I was torn between presonus , this and mr4

Presonus was pretty flat itseems , and mr4 is slightly better than 1280 but doesnt have dedicated sub out also some EQ things..

With 1280 , there was db,t,dbs version

could have went for cheaper router , but there was a reddit post which said ,there is some difference in frequency..(technical)

But beyond sub-out the dbs features bluetooth connnectivity , which i thought shouldnt miss and also better sound character than other old version. For me it might not sound different , but i thought why miss out on connectivity feature and easy sub-out option (some say it doesnt work as intended).

Nevertheless , touch the plunge and lets see. The monitor stands arrive first , so will mount then with sufficient space under the monitor.

Last edited:
I was torn between presonus , this and mr4

Presonus was pretty flat itseems , and mr4 is slightly better than 1280 but doesnt have dedicated sub out also some EQ things..

With 1280 , there was db,t,dbs version

could have went for cheaper router , but there was a reddit post which said ,there is some difference in frequency..(technical)

But beyond sub-out the dbs features bluetooth connnectivity , which i thought shouldnt miss and also better sound character than other old version. For me it might not sound different , but i thought why miss out on connectivity feature and easy sub-out option (some say it doesnt work as intended).

Nevertheless , touch the plunge and lets see. The monitor stands arrive first , so will mount then with sufficient space under the monitor.
I think the bluetooth on the DB is terrible. I don't know if the Bluetooth 5.0 on the DBs fixes or improves upon it's previous model but hopefully it does. Compare the RCA or digital inputs with the bluetooth and see if you can tell any difference. According to someone on hifivision, a cheap 10 year old bluetooth receiver sounded better on his 1280DB than it's inbuilt bluetooth receiver.

Thats so nice of you.

Edifier 1280 Dimension :

pulled the trigger

IDb8dZF.png

The one from tukzer does not have a grommet mount option, that's why i recommended Artikel. But that doesn't matter as you've already bought a free stand one which should be okay as well.

Btw, if you were looking to add T5 sub later then why didn't you consider 2.1 in the first place. Something like M601DB. Are they bad? I'm not too much into audio so just asking out of curiosity.

Last edited:
I think the bluetooth on the DB is terrible. I don't know if the Bluetooth 5.0 on the DBs fixes or improves upon it's previous model but hopefully it does. Compare the RCA or digital inputs with the bluetooth and see if you can tell any difference. According to someone on hifivision, a cheap 10 year old bluetooth receiver sounded better on his 1280DB than it's inbuilt bluetooth receiver.
I am unable to find the link. A user compared both version and said there is nothing much of difference , but surely there seems to be changes made internally for which he prefers the newer version.

At the end its a difference of 2K , why withold and later on think ,"i could have spent..."

Did you see the link , it seems there is option to change the EQ by editing txt file.. have to explore that.
The one from tukzer does not have a grommet mount option, that's why i recommended Artikel. But that doesn't matter as you've already bought a free stand one which should be okay as well.

Btw, if you were looking to add T5 sub later then why didn't you consider 2.1 in the first place. Something like M601DB. Are they bad? I'm not too much into audio so just asking out of curiosity.
Stupid me.. I mistakenly ordered free stand...

If you wouldnt have pointed out , i wouldnt have noticed. Anyway its arriving tomorrow , will return it and order the other one(cancelled and ordered the one you recommended).. the stand part will hinder the speaker placement surely

As for 2.1 , again , i didnt know it existed..

Anyway these packaged one might have some compromises(my assumption , since i once had a HTIB and it was worse) .

Thanks a lot your advice and also finding the wrong order..

Last edited:
I didn't recommend those as they are just not that popular, plus at the price point of close to 20k it's a bit much considering it was going for 15 a while back. Some reviews even mention the s350db being better than the m601db in terms of sound (mids and highs) but the s350db is again out of stock and costed more at 25k. Then there was this one person on reddit who ordered the s350db, was extremely disappointed in it's performance and bought the obage ht144 which he liked far better for lesser than the edifier price . If it's not that well reviewed then I mostly don't suggest it.

Overall there's not that many differences from what I've seen with active speakers below 30k. There are the edifier s series but people are often disappointed in the sound they get for the cost. Afaik Swan m300 mk3 or the swan s2000 MK3 above 35/40k are far better than some passive+amp setups at that same price but I haven't delved that much into it. There are the Swans Hivi M50 as well but that is a bit old now (first time it was released was way back in 2011) and the connectivity options are limited. And the newer mk3 versions are not in stock in India. Majority of new hivi swan products are actually not being sold in India. I feel a combination of either the edifier mr4/ r1700bts/1855dbs along with the t5 8inch driver subwoofer is probably the best you can get rn in India that is at a budget and is active.

I didn't recommend those as they are just not that popular, plus at the price point of close to 20k it's a bit much considering it was going for 15 a while back. Some reviews even mention the s350db being better than the m601db in terms of sound (mids and highs) but the s350db is again out of stock and costed more at 25k. Then there was this one person on reddit who ordered the s350db, was extremely disappointed in it's performance and bought the obage ht144 which he liked far better for lesser than the edifier price . If it's not that well reviewed then I mostly don't suggest it.

Overall there's not that many differences from what I've seen with active speakers below 30k. There are the edifier s series but people are often disappointed in the sound they get for the cost. Afaik Swan m300 mk3 or the swan s2000 MK3 above 35/40k are far better than some passive+amp setups at that same price but I haven't delved that much into it. There are the Swans Hivi M50 as well but that is a bit old now (first time it was released was way back in 2011) and the connectivity options are limited. And the newer mk3 versions are not in stock in India. Majority of new hivi swan products are actually not being sold in India. I feel a combination of either the edifier mr4/ r1700bts/1855dbs along with the t5 8inch driver subwoofer is probably the best you can get rn in India that is at a budget and is active.
As for subs there isnt much option i guess. except for t5. Will put t5 under price watch. I think even these 1280DBs will be a major upgrade to my 10? year old HUMBLE TARANG..

is break-in necessary to the new speakers ?

Any thoughts on this website ?

As for subs there isnt much option i guess. except for t5. Will put t5 under price watch. I think even these 1280DBs will be a major upgrade to my 10? year old HUMBLE TARANG..

is break-in necessary to the new speakers ?

Any thoughts on this website ?

Break in is just snake oil, some people swear by it, some don't. Imo not needed, just listen to the music you love to play and see how it sounds after a day.

Therevolverclub you can search for reviews on hifivision (just google websitename itself along with hifivision and it will appear).

I wish the r1700bts or r1855dbs were cheaper though, right now they're just too expensive to be recommended.

Break in is just snake oil, some people swear by it, some don't. Imo not needed, just listen to the music you love to play and see how it sounds after a day.

Therevolverclub you can search for reviews on hifivision (just google websitename itself along with hifivision and it will appear).

I wish the r1700bts or r1855dbs were cheaper though, right now they're just too expensive to be recommended.
yes..

You really made my research pretty short. Thanks a lot.
Or else i would have spent more than a week to come to a conclusion.

Back