Video Need a TV for desktop as well as for console gaming

Hi All,
I am planning to buy a 22-24 inch TV which will have composite input + HDMI for my console gaming needs, as well as use the same with my desktop as well. (Currently using a AOC F22).
Will it be odd to use a TV instead of a monitor for our daily desktop needs? As in will there be any issues (refresh rate etc.)
My budget is around 15,000/-
Looking forward to some good suggestions here.

Thanks!

Thanks! I can connect a console using the component input and a PC using the VGA adapter right? So that I can switch between the two, whenever I want..
But is it advisable to use a TV for desktops instead of monitors?

My console doesn't have a HDMI port. It comes only with component cable. I wouldn't be able to connect it to a monitor. And I want the same device for my console as well as for my PC.

TV is inherently way brighter as it is expected to be viewed from ~6'. Monitors are designed (brightness POV) for near-field viewing.

My console doesn't have a HDMI port. It comes only with component cable. I wouldn't be able to connect it to a monitor. And I want the same device for my console as well as for my PC.

are you using a PS2 ? If yes, PS2 games looks best in standard CRT tvs. Get 21 incher with or without composite cable.

If you have a PS3/XBOX360, get a hdmi cable (will cost 300-500 at max). You can use any monitor with HDMI input to connect any of these two console. Make sure the monitor has a audio out or headphone jack to get the audio for console gaming. For console cum monitor setup, I will suggest 24-27 incher IPS pannel. If you have a HD Setup box with hdmi out, you can use it directly with your monitor the same way you do with the console. Note that, Monitors are without any tunner with fast response while TV has tunner (which do lots of dynamic post processing to enhance the visual which somewhat slow down the response time). If you are an average gamer (single player mostly) and limited computer usage, current generation LED TV will work fine as a monitor considering you maintain a certain distance.

Back