need accommodation help in Chennai

true_power

Disciple
Nov 20, 2006
I'm looking for single occupancy accommodation in Chennai. Upon contact, all those advertisers in roommates/PG ads in sulekha / quickr / click.in / roommates.in say they don't have any single occupancy room.

Any clue about nice reasonably priced accommodation somewhere near Kodambakkam, Nungabakkam or near a train station with large bed (i'm 6'1"), attached bath, washing machine, clean surroundings, & ppl with clean habits etc.. ?, my office is in Satyamurthy Nagar, T. Nagar north, near Gemini flyover.

My budget is max 7k all inclusive, except food.

Many thanks.

satyanjoy

Skilled
Aug 23, 2007
Bangalore
www.ekok.in
Better look at near by T Nagar, Velachery,,nungambakkam will be damn costly. You will get plenty of PG(ac/sharing food/laundry) at 6-7k range nearby Tidal Park area (OMR,Thiruvanmyur)

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
satyanjoy said:
Better look at near by T Nagar, Velachery,,nungambakkam will be damn costly. You will get plenty of PG(ac/sharing food/laundry) at 6-7k range nearby Tidal Park area (OMR,Thiruvanmyur)

+1 :) it is better to stay if u want to move to Velachery. or some few place

btw in Velachery. it has less traffic and u can travel to office by share auto or train :)

neoronin

Adept
Sep 19, 2008
ajab.ghajab said:
^ Velachery has less traffic? :O

+1 to that, that place looks like Mount Road @ 11 am. Mate, look for places in vadapalani, and beyond in Arcot Road. You can always catch a bus and come to Kodambakkam Railway station. Also suggest KK Nagar, Ashok Nagar and West Mambalam. But given your budget, it's very difficult to find a single bedroom fully furnished apartment. Forget about washing machine. Not a single fully furnished apartment in Chennai I have seen has it. Also try your luck near Saidapet, near railway station and always cheap. God, I miss Chennai.

true_power

Disciple
Nov 20, 2006
Thanks mates.

I'm not looking for single bedroom fully furnished apartment, I need a single occupancy room in a fully furnished apartment.

Kodambakkam & Nungambakkam areas are bloody expensive.

yea, I've been calling those people in Vadapalani, KK Nagar, Pallavaram, etc.. areas, but most of them don't have single occupancy room :( and the rest are agents/brockers.

BTW, Velachery is too far and i can't ride a two wheeler for health reasons(the same reason i'm looking for a place nearby).

satyanjoy

Skilled
Aug 23, 2007
Bangalore
www.ekok.in
true_power said:
Thanks mates.

I'm not looking for single bedroom fully furnished apartment, I need a single occupancy room in a fully furnished apartment.

Kodambakkam & Nungambakkam areas are bloody expensive.

yea, I've been calling those people in Vadapalani, KK Nagar, Pallavaram, etc.. areas, but most of them don't have single occupancy room :( and the rest are agents/brockers.

BTW, Velachery is too far and i can't ride a two wheeler for health reasons(the same reason i'm looking for a place nearby).

single bedroom is very difficult to get..your only option is PG or mention..

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
^ The guy says he isn't looking for a 1BHK. He just needs to share a fully furnished apartment, and needs one room in that :)

true_power

Disciple
Nov 20, 2006
ajab.ghajab said:
^ The guy says he isn't looking for a 1BHK. He just needs to share a fully furnished apartment, and needs one room in that :)
^^^^ thanks dude.

to simplify,

need one room for myself in a fully furnished apartment , I swear I won't touch your ps3/rig, sat - hdtv, gadgets, etc... anyone ?.:D

neoronin

Adept
Sep 19, 2008
So your requirement is that of a PG? Very difficult in the areas you have mentioned. That too being a guy doesn't help. Search for PG listings instead of "Single Occupancy" in classifieds. PG's are generally concentrated in Besant Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur & Triplicane [Bachelor Paradise]. Try near Beach areas & also near Vellala Teynampet [Behind DMS].

Since you have mentioned Nungambakkam, give a shot to the area behind Thiruvalluvar Poonga and the lake also as they are very cheap.

You have very little chance of someone sharing a flat with all the amenities in the areas you have mentioned. All the best in finding a good PG. Also note for 7K you can actually try and rent a very small apartment by yourself near West Saidapet and Pazhavanthangal [Very near Railway Station]