CPU/Mobo Need Advice: Budget PC (<25K)

My suggestion sell the proccy for arnd 2k which u should be able to do & get a new Brisbane locally...with the Tforce & a decent cooler 2.8G easy for sure.

Supra said:
My suggestion sell the proccy for arnd 2k which u should be able to do & get a new Brisbane locally...with the Tforce & a decent cooler 2.8G easy for sure.
Bah. No point now. Waiting for K10 .. If it's priced decently and runs on my board, I guess I'll pop in a chip ...

^^^ hey which mobo did u get and for how much...wat abt ram pricing at smc?? wld help if u gave a pricing of components @smc

is ur proccy brisbane or the old one with core @2ghz??

deepak said:
^^^ hey which mobo did u get and for how much...wat abt ram pricing at smc?? wld help if u gave a pricing of components @smc

is ur proccy brisbane or the old one with core @2ghz??

This purchase was for a friend. And this is what we bought:

Everything was bought from SMC as he didn't like the idea of contacting diff. dealers for diff. issues.

AMD Athlon X2 3600 (1.9 GHz with 1MB cache ;) ) - 3350
ASUS M2N-MX - 3500
Transcend 1GB DDR2 667Mhz - 3600 (Was getting this for 3150 at Empire)
Seagate 160 GB SATA - 2500
LiteOn 20X DVD-Writer - 1850
Zebronics Cabinet with default SMPS - 1250
Microtek 600VA UPS - 1650
Viewsonic 17" TFT (Model : 1703wb) - 8600
Samsung Pleomax K/B + Mouse - 440

O btw, those guys knew nothing about these X2 3600's with 1MB L2 cache, and claimed that i won't find it anywhere in NP. Funny enough, I found it at their other shop in the same lane as Empire. Embarrased, he had to call up and get them to send it downstairs. :eek:hyeah:

hehe....thnx man....appreciate it...will come in handy

btw...did u enquire the prices of 3800, 4000 and 4200 and also other mobos...like asus m2n-vm??

Back