CPU/Mobo Need CPU, mobo RAM and PSU upgrade.

papul1993

Disciple
Hi,
I currently have the AMD Phenom II 550 and Biostar TA785G mobo. Want to upgrade to the latest AMD 6 core cpu and a compatible mobo. I don't game so the integrated graphics will be just fine. Also will buy a new PSU. Thinking about the Corsair VX450. I currently have the coolermaster 600 psu. Also thinking of buying some good DDR3 RAM.
Thanks

Wait for AMD FX processors. Hexa core and Octa core chips are going to be launched in second week of october. Then plan to upgrade. Till that point of time, wait.

Which Coolermaster 600 PSU do you have at present ?? Is it extreme power plus?? If yes, then you should buy a Seasonic SII 520w rather than getting VX450 which is almost at the same price point.

I don't actually need a 600w or a 500w PSU. I bought the 600w coolermaster because there wasn't anything else available at the time I bought the computer.

I need a good cpu because I do a lot of video and audio encoding. I download stuff and use convertxtodvd to convert them to play on my tv using a dvd player.

Well, it seems like a waste of resources to me for conversion to DVD (if there are other uses for it, ok!) If you have a LCD, just connect your rig directly to the TV and play using HDMI. OR get a ASUS O play mini @ 4K approx, just get a HDD and use it. If you have a CTV, and if your dvd does not support USB + formats etc, get a new DVD player @ 3K+.

If you need the CPU for other purposes, just w8 till BD releases. PII X6 prices should come down a bit.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also RAM, get 8GB DDR3 1600~ 2.8K, these prices are expected this week@Prime, not sure though.

Back