Audio Need Help Deciding IEM's.

Hello,
I am looking for 2 IEM for about 8k and other for about 3-4k.
I mostly hear Hip hop, pop, R&B. and i am looking for IEM which good soundstage and mid bass, which have warm sound.
bass should also good impact.
They should be fun and musical sounding like NE-6 also good details like Pl-50,but lack of bass pl-50 were not really my type.I first bought PL-50 and later NE-6 now i hardly listen Pl-50, they are left as backup IEM now.

I have searched and found two good match for me for 8k
1. Klipsch Custom 3
2. Fischer DBA-02

so are there any other suggestion?
Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 are pretty good but they are bit out of budget, should i get them instead(i can wait and collect more $) they'll cost atleast 11k.
for 4k range.
i have found
Hippo VB
Fischer eterna

faheem told me that Eterna's are not really a big deal, they have muddy bass, so i reconsidered and now i am confused b/w Hippo Vb and Eterna.

kuki_295 said:
Hello,

I am looking for 2 IEM for about 8k and other for about 3-4k.

I mostly hear Hip hop, pop, R&B. and i am looking for IEM which good soundstage and mid bass, which have warm sound.

bass should also good impact.

They should be fun and musical sounding like NE-6 also good details like Pl-50,but lack of bass pl-50 were not really my type.I first bought PL-50 and later NE-6 now i hardly listen Pl-50, they are left as backup IEM now.

I have searched and found two good match for me for 8k

1. Klipsch Custom 3

2. Fischer DBA-02

so are there any other suggestion?

Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 are pretty good but they are bit out of budget, should i get them instead(i can wait and collect more $) they'll cost atleast 11k.

for 4k range.

i have found

Hippo VB

Fischer eterna

faheem told me that Eterna's are not really a big deal, they have muddy bass, so i reconsidered and now i am confused b/w Hippo Vb and Eterna.
Brainwavz M2 is the only way to go...

^ That's for the second option of his but Hippo VB has amazing bass as well . OP needs to be more clear about what kind of sound is he looking for ..Also go through a dozen similar IEM buying threads on TE which are there. Should help making a decision :)

FaH33m said:
^ That's for the second option of his but Hippo VB has amazing bass as well . OP needs to be more clear about what kind of sound is he looking for ..Also go through a dozen similar IEM buying threads on TE which are there. Should help making a decision :)

Thats one problem i havn't tried many IEM's so can't really tell what i want, i am looking for upgrade from NE-6 not that i didn't like them just want something better, bass should not be boomy, should have good soundstage and good depth, like the music is around u in air, i know most of pop songs can't really use the soundstage etc, but still i dont listen to pop only.in short i want a better NE-6 with better details and soundstage.

Few of my current fav song(just to know my taste)

Sean Kingston - Fire burning

B.o.B Feat Hayley Williams - airplanes

Owl city - Firefilies

Inconsolable - Backstreet boys

Te amo - Rihanna

One more thing i don't listen music on very high volume normally just about 30-35% of max volume on ipod touch.

@manu george

I read those reviews, that from where i got the name of klipsch custom 3.

For under 4k i think Hippo Vb is good, any advice where i should buy it from?

Jaben is selling them for 79$, any idea about customs?

but confused about DBA-02, Custom3 and CK10

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If i can get CK10 for about 10k i think they would the best option right?

Hippo vb can be bought from Moshel, a member here on TE. His price is better than Jaben's, so do contact him. I got my hippo vb from him :)
Why go for 2 iems? Perhaps up the budget and go for triple.fi. It has great mid bass and very detailed and perhaps the best soundstage at this price! It's great at low volumes with it's V shaped FR.
From what I have read CK10 and DBA-02 are considered a bit light on the bass. IIRC someone here on TE owns CK10. Wait for him to respond.

My sugestion would be to buy the Klipsch S4 for 4 k, you will not be dissapointed on the bass and soundstage and comfort department.This will also gve you and idea how good will the higer end Klispch custom be ! Try auidioning the above mentioned iems from somebody in your city , helps alot.

I think CK10, DBA02 both would be a bit on the analytical side. I think they might suit somebody who likes RE0 kind of signature.

Hippo VB has clean bass, wide sound stage, but sibilant. Also, it's bass is more sub-bass oriented. It's much cheaper and faster to get it from Moshel than Jaben.

What about Senn IE8? It's said to have a wide sound stage, lots of bass and it's focus is on mid-bass. May be a TF10?

Unless you are looking for two different types of IEMs, I'd suggest spend on one good IEM.

^ Second that. Unless and untll you really need two IEMs don't get it .No one else would tell you better than me . I must have collected more than a dozen IEMs till date and even after selling/giving away the one's that don't suit my taste - I am still left with about 6-7 of them. Havent touched anything other than RE-252 in last 5-6 months exception being - RE-0 for A/B ing with other IEMs during review and on desktop these days.

TF10 , IE8 are very good choices for people who wouldn't like bass shy IEMs like CK10,DBA-02. :)

esanthosh said:
I think CK10, DBA02 both would be a bit on the analytical side. I think they might suit somebody who likes RE0 kind of signature.

Hippo VB has clean bass, wide sound stage, but sibilant. Also, it's bass is more sub-bass oriented. It's much cheaper and faster to get it from Moshel than Jaben.
What about Senn IE8? It's said to have a wide sound stage, lots of bass and it's focus is on mid-bass. May be a TF10?
Unless you are looking for two different types of IEMs, I'd suggest spend on one good IEM.

I need 2 IEM's as my sister wants one.
so TF 10 and IE8 are out due to high cost.

@karan_n8
can u let me whats the difference in sound signature of VB and S4,
other that that only +for hippo is that they have Variable bass.
What about custom 3 how are they? any other obtions?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

if i don't find any thing good, i can just get S4 and vb, and save for better later?

S4 is all about good looks , build quality and comfort .Sound is pretty good as well but not in the league of VB ,M2 etc.

Would suggest the M2. Its an allrounder and sounds great with all types of music.

The VBs are great for Rock, metal type of music and its not very suited for POP as you will face a lot of sibilant vocals even after burn-in.

I have no idea how the S4 and VBs compare as I have never heard the S4s. :(

Custom 3s cost something like 8.5k so thats more than double the cost of the M2/VB/S4 IEMs.

The vb's are really good iem's mate...

Between the m2 and the s4, go s4. I really don't see how people compare the m2 to the s4. As karan recommended, the s4's are really good iem's and as per me, clearly superior..

Also do note that some of the iem's in that 8-10k range might need amping, aka additional cost.. Custom 3 too sound gr8 but the sound sig is similar to the s4, though a lot better obviously.. hence dont do a s4 + custom 3
Y not the sennheiser ie6 or ie7 as per your taste of SS??

Also on TE, there are people who own iem's in the 8k and above range.. aka for eg Ritvik. Why dont you drop him a pm and take his personal feedback on the 8k range iem's. i know he owns a pair of tf-10's. Since he owns these iem's, i guess his opinion should matter the most and should be the most reliable and accurate.....

^ err have you even tried the M2s ? An S4 doesnt even come close to its detailing :). Dont go by the M2s price. It is pretty much capable of competing with IEMs double its price . Most guys who have tried it can vouch for it . Viralbug,BF1983 etc.

Yup m8, tried it.. a buddy from Singapore bought em via a review he saw on head-fi. He feels my s4's are better. Anyways, Honestly i dont even know how much they cost. If its 2k or so, then in that case obviously in terms of price makes it a gr8 deal. Its surely better than the ne6's. But if around the s4 price, id say s4 surely.
Faheem, through my posts or your pm's to me, you should know by now that i never recommend or comment on any product that i haven't tried myself.. Anyways, v all have our personal views i guess, D op needs to decide on what suits his ear d best and not solely on what people recommend on threads... Honestly, you cannot buy a/v products without listening to them personally..

^^ However there are many cases where users have reported sibilance with the S4i. Thats why I do not recommend them for music with lots of vocals like Pop music which the OP listens to sometimes. Same with the Hippo VB. The M2s are sibilance free and really great with vocals.

They cost $49 shipped. So it works out to around 2.4k. :)

hmmm... i think we have spoken about sibilance before. Whilst purchasing my s4's, i had spoken to d distributor directly. It is a pune based company who deals with sennheiser too in pune, but klipsch all over maharashtra.

Anyways the guy did tell me that there is a slight difference between the s4 and s41's. Im not sure abt it but the s4's dont sound good on the pc for sure. That is a certainty.. They sound gr8 on pmp's and when connected to my amp.

^^ Thats surprising. I was under the impression that they use the same driver and housing. Only the cable is obviously different since it contains an in line volume control. So theoretically if there was any difference the S4 would sound better considering it has no resistors in the cable to potentially degrade the sound. Perhaps its just that the S4 was not burned in properly ?

Which brings me to another issue with the S4. Most people suggest a 100 - 200 hours burn-in which is quite a bit for a newbie. The M2 requires no burn in whatsoever and sounds great out of the box.

^^^

well its funny, whilst people say that, i have never had an issue of burn in with the s4's. Out of the box too they sounded fine to me and within 25-30 hrs they started sounding d way they do today... with my 555's and 485, burn in time wa sa big prob cause they took forever to really shine..

Maybe u ought to try the s4's again, it might just change ur opinion :)

^^ Lol ! I have to try them for the first time actually as I have never heard them before. Currently all my info on the S4 are from third party info. :)

I really need to find someone from TE in Mumbai who has them. :(

You are from Delhi right ?

Back