adbanginwar

Disciple
hi,
I have following config
1. P4HT 2.8Ghz prescott.
2. 1.5 Gb DDR 400Mhz Ram
3. 865GBF motherboard
4. Sapphire HD3850 512Mb

i have upgraded the graphics card recently, but still my PC is a bit slow.
Processor is the bottle neck here. i currently dont have enough cash get a new PC.
please suggest if i can get any processor to increase my pc's performance?
TIA

no mate. todays proccys are LGA775 pinless type. No chance of getting new proccy for ur rig. You can however go for a second hand 3 ghz proccy but you'll notice only very slight difference which is waste.

You have to upgrade ur mobo + proccy. if you want to use ur ram, then you have to go for mobo which supports ddr ram. You better go for a DDR2 mobo with DDR2 ram.

so upgrade mobo proccy and ram for noticeable diff.

why did u upgrade ur gfx card ??. You could have waited for sometime till u get cash and cud have bought a pciexpress gfx card. That too i think AGP gfx cards are expensive than PCI-E. You have wasted your money. Very sorry to say this...

Go for this combo
Intel E5300 - 3.4k
Gigabyte G31 S2L - 2.4k
Transcend 2GB 800MHz DDRII - 1.5k
So it works out to around 7.3-7.5k. You can also get some money(~2-2.5k) by selling your old proccy+Mobo+RAM combo. So you will end you spending 5-5.5k approx if you can afford it.
The LGA-775 is also EOL. So i you can also consider this
AMD athlonII 240-3.2k
Asus M2474-AM- 2.9k
This will cost .3k more than the Intel setup but provides a good upgradability path.
There are a slew of AMD proccies lined up for September. So wait for 2-3 weeks before upgrading your rig.

Back