Budget 21-30k Need help with PC build on a tight budget

Bilgaxer

Recruit
Hey guys! New member here. I was looking to upgrade(?) my gaming setup and stumbled across this site. Need help figuring out the best combination for this rather tight price range.

1. Reason for Upgrade?
    • Laptop's thermals have degraded to the point that doing normal web browsing causes it to reach 80+ degrees. Games are a stuttery mess and unable to maintain a consistent 60 fps. Took the laptop apart multiple times and re-pasted both the CPU and GPU (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut), cleaned the fans as well but to no avail. Even tried a bit of undervolting but saw no difference.
  2. What is your budget?
    • 20-25K
  3. What is your existing hardware configuration?
    • Gaming Laptop; Asus TUF FX504GD
    • CPU - Intel Core i5 8300H
    • GPU - GTX 1050
    • RAM - SK Hynix DDR4 2666 8GBx1
    • Storage - WD Green M.2 480 GB SSD
    • Monitor - Acer KA222Q-B
  4. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Acer KA222QB
    • Storage - WD Green M.2 480 GB SSD
    • Additionally, have a full tower cabinet from a pc build earlier
  5. Which hardware component are you looking to buy?
    • CPU - Any within budget, preferably equivalent to i5 4570 or above
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • Ram - 8x1 gb 2666 mhz in case of intel, 3200 mhz in case of AMD
    • GPU - Any within budget. The new Ryzen APUS also work since they seem good enough for my use case mentioned below.
    • PSU - Gigabyte P450B
  6. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future?
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • Ram - 8gb stick for dual channel
    • Storage - 512 gb SSD
    • GPU - In case i buy an APU
  7. Where will you buy this hardware?
    • Bangalore, SP Road
    • Offline purchase preferred, but can consider online
  8. Would you consider buying second hand hardware from the TE market?
    • Yes
  9. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware?
    • Gaming - Main use case.
    • Web Browsing
    • MS Office
  10. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  11. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Esports FPS - Valorant, CS:GO, Paladins, preferably consistent 75+ fps
    • Racing - Forza Horizon 4
    • Open World - Grand Theft Auto 5, Genshin Impact
    • Casual - Fall guys
  12. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage?
    1. Normal Usage - 1080p
    2. Gaming - 1080p preferred
  13. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  14. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
Bottom Line: Confused as to whether i should just buy a Ryzen APU and save up to eventually buy a GPU, or buy a used CPU+GPU combo right now. Also have no idea about used dealers in SP road. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

This could be a starting point, feel free to make adjustments. In the following build you can downgrade the CPU to get a better GPU. The price shown are from online site, I suggest go offline but try to buy everything from one place, so that they can offer you better discount.

Attachments

• build.png
    build.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 131
contact your local computer shop owners they can help you with finding parts

approx price
CPU -- Core i7 4770 -- 7000/-
Mobo -- cant find anything for LGA1150 socket -- 7000/-
RAM -- Ant Esports Desktop Ram 690 Neo VS Series 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 1175/-
GPU -- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1630 OC 4GB GDDR6 (GV-N1630OC-4GD) 11800/-
PSU -- GIGABYTE P450B SMPS 450 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE 2400/-

found Gigabyte H81M-DS2 on amazon. in for above list
This could be a starting point, feel free to make adjustments. In the following build you can downgrade the CPU to get a better GPU. The price shown are from online site, I suggest go offline but try to buy everything from one place, so that they can offer you better discount.
this is better option then my suggestion ... you can go for a used GPU to balance your budget.

Last edited:
This looks good, but yeah i think I'll downgrade the cpu to go for a slightly better gpu
found Gigabyte H81M-DS2 on amazon. in for above list

this is better option then my suggestion ... you can go for a used GPU to balance your budget.
any idea what would be a decent used gpu in this price range?

buy a Ryzen APU and save up to eventually buy a GPU
I don't exactly know the fps differences between laptop 1050 & an APU, but feel like this is less likely to really feel like an upgrade from your current setup. It sure makes sense given your budget, but I'd like to feel the difference having spent the money. So, make sure to know how much of a difference it'd make before making this decision.
or buy a used CPU+GPU combo right now
If you're considering buying used, you could even find CPU, PCB & RAM combos and GPUs of course are plenty.

If I were you, I'd go for something like this build and extend the budget slightly to include a used GPU for about Rs.5k (say RX570 or equivalent).

Also, do you think you can sell your laptop and spend better on the PC?

Prices look cheaper than usual! Could you share the link.

I don't exactly know the fps differences between laptop 1050 & an APU, but feel like this is less likely to really feel like an upgrade from your current setup. It sure makes sense given your budget, but I'd like to feel the difference having spent the money. So, make sure to know how much of a difference it'd make before making this decision.
I did consider this, but my laptop currently gives me 73 avg fps in valorant, with 1% and 0.1% lows at 20. Also, when an enemy comes on screen, it auto drops to around 40 fps which makes it unplayable. Based on a few benchmarks I saw online, the ryzen 5 5600g is able to consistently maintain 130+ fps in valorant (correct me if im wrong). That's why i considered it. Will buy a used gpu 3-4 months down the line to pair with it. Not sure if its better value than the builds stated above tho.
If you're considering buying used, you could even find CPU, PCB & RAM combos and GPUs of course are plenty.

If I were you, I'd go for something like this build and extend the budget slightly to include a used GPU for about Rs.5k (say RX570 or equivalent).

Also, do you think you can sell your laptop and spend better on the PC?
This seems like a good option too, but the 3300x is a bit pricey in my opinion? Also, thoughts on an a320 board instead of b450? Will it cause problems in power delivery?
A GPU like the RX 570 or equivalent would be perfect, definitely will be on the lookout for it in the used market.

Not planning on selling the laptop currently, maybe in the future

the 3300x is a bit pricey in my opinion
Yeah, mostly because it's barely in stock & there was a bit of a hype when people found this chip performs almost similar to 5 3600. But, you can switch this to the 5 5600g, if you're going with iGPU-for-now route, and still be within budget. If you are, do add dual channel fast memory as well, as it is crucial for iGPU gaming.

a320 board instead of b450? Will it cause problems in power delivery?
Depends on the specific boards you're looking at. B450 boards should have better VRMs as they support overclocking. But it's not uncommon to find the same VRM configs on such boards. However, assuming you'd be looking to spend significantly cheaper than this B450 board, most boards in that price don't even have an M.2 slot. So, basically this depends on the comparison between the specific boards.

Bro, don't buy such outdated products as of now. You will be severely limited to future upgrades. Instead get the following
I3 12100 (used) - 6k
H610 Mobo (new) - 6k
RAM 16 GB (used) - 3k
PSU 500 W (new) - 3k

And get an used GPU like GTX 1060 / RX580 for around 6k.

This setup will be more than enough and its fairly modern. You can upgrade the CPU later on of you wish. And this setup will likely last you for at least 3 more years.

Bro, don't buy such outdated products as of now. You will be severely limited to future upgrades. Instead get the following
I3 12100 (used) - 6k
H610 Mobo (new) - 6k
RAM 16 GB (used) - 3k
PSU 500 W (new) - 3k

And get an used GPU like GTX 1060 / RX580 for around 6k.

This setup will be more than enough and its fairly modern. You can upgrade the CPU later on of you wish. And this setup will likely last you for at least 3 more years.
Would make an amazing deal if i can find a used i3 12100/f and h610 for 6k. Can you share the website/shop?

Would make an amazing deal if i can find a used i3 12100/f and h610 for 6k. Can you share the website/shop?

This guy is selling for 6.5k. You can get in touch with this guy. He is on dank group. But use your own due diligence before making any purchase from any third party. And always use admin method for making deals.
And as for motherboard you can get one in local shops.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425-004648.png
    Screenshot_20230425-004648.png
    948.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Hey brother, As a recent PC builder, i recommend you to stay with the following build. You mentioned you have already a storage drive for boot and stuff.

My suggestion for APU is 12100 as it performs well in both CS GO and Valorant.

I originally planned to buy 3070, (upgraded from 1660Ti and i5- 4570 processor) Bought i7-12700 and h610m mobo for temporary use and i was on tight budget.

Intel UHD 770 performed surprisingly well enough in Valorant ( roughly 120+ fps average @1080p and 80+ fps @1440p consistently.

If you are in luck, you can find a used Cabinet for less than 1000 rs. in recycle shops (where they take old newspapers, plastics, metals, etc. And pay money) and save up on it.

The following images are my current setup. I have a 1660Ti installed currently in it. Buy a used gpu and upgrade ram overtime bro.

This looks good, but yeah i think I'll downgrade the cpu to go for a slightly better gpu

any idea what would be a decent used gpu in this price range?

i suggested you 4th gen intel ... but you can also check out 7th or 8th gen Intel i5 or i7

and for GPU you can check out Exclusive Classifieds section on the forum or local computer shop owner

I wouldn't suggest anything below 10th Gen now. Going with an older CPU is just overspending to leave performance on the table.
There should be deals on a used i3 10100F and H510.

Do note that the build has an i3 10100F. It's an "F" variant, so it won't boot without a GPU. For the GPU, RX 580 or 570 should be under 6k.
If you can stretch your budget a bit you could go with a 5600G build, that's powerful enough to run the games you want to play. You wouldn't need a GPU then, so you could save for a better one down the line.
Any AM4 series motherboard is fine for the 5600G (except A320 chipset), so you can find older used motherboards for cheaper prices. Make sure BIOS is updated to support the 5600G

Back