Need replacement for Redmi Note 9 Pro, what should I go for?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
My dad successfully killed a Redmi Note 9 Pro which is just 2 years old. The charging IC was changed and now again the charging is not working. So need a replacement for the same. what should I go for?

I think the main issue is the way he charges the phone. The work environment is a bit hotter. Don't know if this helps in filtering out a phone. So looking for a solid phone. either same performance with low pricing or an upgrade if it atleast says for 3 to 4 years in my dad's hand! also Android 13 if possible.

Budget?

Moto G73 is the cheapest I would recommend at 17k. Although some might not adjust well to using clean android after using MIUI.

For phones with custom UI, iQoo Z7 (not Z7s), is like 18k or so. Get that.

imo i am looking to replace my poco m2 pro, after much R&D i finalized 3 phones Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G / OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G / Redmi k50i 5g ....after going through lot of reviews i am getting Redmi k50i 5g , good processor,screen,battery all around good package for gaming mobile under 25k, if you are looking for under 15k then Galaxy M14 5G /Redmi 11 Prime 5G /iQOO Z6 Lite 5G , my suggestion will be iQOO Z6 Lite 5G has solid performance over the other 2.

any suggestion for me :angelic:
Parents and old-age people have tendency to fully charge their phones to 100% and they still leave the phone charging unknowingly for hours. This habit affects the phone. even if experts say after 80% the p[hones slows down on charging and all. On his new phone install some battery alarm system where you can set the alarm when it reaches the set percentage it will alert and its time to turn the charger off!

For phones with custom UI, iQoo Z7 (not Z7s), is like 18k or so. Get that.
Specs for this one says it has HDR support and says peak brightness 1300.
Since its oled, will HDR be comparable to desktop OLED monitors rather than the fake HDR we get in cheap monitors ? So higher range of both colors and brightness + per pixel brightness control of OLED ?

Specs for this one says it has HDR support and says peak brightness 1300.
Since its oled, will HDR be comparable to desktop OLED monitors rather than the fake HDR we get in cheap monitors ? So higher range of both colors and brightness + per pixel brightness control of OLED ?
Yes

All OLED panels are true HDR capable, but some phones lack the certification like cheap Samsung ones with OLED panels.

If it has an HDR certification & is OLED, it is as good as you can get at this price point to enjoy HDR.

Do note that sustained brightness will not be anywhere near 1300nits, likely 500nits at best with a temporary boost in sunlight for a few mins.

Yes

All OLED panels are true HDR capable, but some phones lack the certification like cheap Samsung ones with OLED panels.
I have Samsung M30s with oled screen. Do you know if HDR10 can be enabled on it even if not certified? Never really thought about this, it is a pretty nice screen. Have not yet seen proper HDR, so was curious.

Do note that sustained brightness will not be anywhere near 1300nits, likely 500nits at best with a temporary boost in sunlight for a few mins.
ok, so i think that's a bit low for HDR, not sure. Glary parts wont shine as much i guess. On most desktop oled HDR monitors, small windows get high brightness ~1k, but it gets lowered if window size is too large.

I have Samsung M30s with oled screen. Do you know if HDR10 can be enabled on it even if not certified? Never really thought about this, it is a pretty nice screen. Have not yet seen proper HDR, so was curious.

ok, so i think that's a bit low for HDR, not sure. Glary parts wont shine as much i guess. On most desktop oled HDR monitors, small windows get high brightness ~1k, but it gets lowered if window size is too large.
No idea of enabling it, but maybe youtube HDR works on it. HDR won't work on prime video, netflix, etc.

Maybe 5-10% window will get upto the advertised 1300nits. By sustained, I mean 100% window size. Best desktop OLED monitors get upto 250nits, so mobile screens are still better, likely because of their smaller size. Because of infinite contrast ratio of OLEDs, low sustained brightness is generally not an issue. Unless sunlight is hitting the monitor directly, 250nits for indoor use on monitors is fine. For people with bright rooms, generally Samsung QLED TVs are recommended.
My issue is that the working environment have high temperature then normal ambient temperature. so, Will OLED panel be affected of this?
Phones & panels have come a long way. Phones will reduce panel brightness if its getting too hot. I remember some phones running those inefficient S888 or SD 8 Gen 1 were having the issue of display getting dimmer when phone was overheating on sustained load, like a heavy game like CoD or the simple throttling test.

If you are working in a factory, don't use the phone over a furnace, even a LCD is not meant to work in such high temps. 40C+ ambient temps in cities like Chennai & Delhi do occur during summer & you don't see any complains of any issues on OLED phones.

Parents and old-age people have tendency to fully charge their phones to 100% and they still leave the phone charging unknowingly for hours. This habit affects the phone. even if experts say after 80% the p[hones slows down on charging and all. On his new phone install some battery alarm system where you can set the alarm when it reaches the set percentage it will alert and its time to turn the charger off!
So if not 80% and not 100%, what is the recommended percentage to charge till?

So if not 80% and not 100%, what is the recommended percentage to charge till?
My lenovo laptop has an option to limit charging to 60% automatically.

On phone, i disconnect once its charged past 70 or so. Sometimes i miss the alert ( Accubattery works well for alarms), but i usually disconnect within 80%. Also i start recharging almost always before it goes below 20-30%, usually once i see it in 30s. I think this 30-80 range works ok, i used to have batteries die within 1.5 years on both laptop and mobiles. Now mobile is 3 years old and laptop close to 2 years - both without battery issues.

My issue is that the working environment have high temperature then normal ambient temperature. so, Will OLED panel be affected of this?
I don't think heat will have anything to do with panels but nothing can be ruled out. Hest is the number one enemy fir any electronic device and phone is no exception.

What will get affected is the battery under best loads. I don't know the ambient temperatures your dad would be working but I would suggest to not use it for long under high temperatures. Also if you are charging in those temps, then charge it without any cover or put it over some metal plate so that the heat from charging is absorbed by the plate especially when the ambient temps are really hot.

In my native during summers, ambient temps easily crosses 44-45C so it's quite toasty.

Back