Need to buy an invertor!

Hey,
So summers here and apparently the governments never gonna manage to meet the cities power requirements..:p and hence the need for me to buy an invertor,
Now the deal is im looking for some maintainance free one, probably luminous or sukam or something (with good service in delhi) and need to buy a capacity that is most value for money (aka least rs per v). Probably need something from 600va to 2kv.
So anyone whos bought an invertor recently lemme know the cost and capacity.
And whats the deal with sine wave invertors?

Advice: Go only for Pune Sine Wave (Sukam does it and I have it).

Go for a large battery depending upon your consumption and duration, am using Inva Plus from Exide, now more than a year and still going strong. I havent touched it in those many months.

Thanks

~LT

thanks linux,

any idea of how much its gonna cost, need to set my budget accordingly.. and dont these companies provide their own batteries?

And u wont reccomend luminous?

well u can also go for apc invertor 1kv(660watts) model B1000I ,invertor costs about 7k and change and it requires 2 batteries,so depending the AH of the batteries,the total cost varies.
but if u want something that can switch as fas as a UPS but that has a external battery and output pure sinewave then get the APC SUA1000UXI it can handle a load of 800watts costs approximately 12k to 13k for the UPS alone.

sharmapu said:
APC service is bad esp. batteries provided with it are junk..see if u can only get hold of inverter unit..(if APC is only option)

well apc is service is actually good,may in some rare cases bad.but most of the dealers give a option to choose the battery,if the customer is dumb inuff he might be tricked by the dealer for a inferior battery,remember APC only sell the invertor to the dealer,the dealer then pairs them with a battery of his choice.

amityrock said:
thanks linux,
any idea of how much its gonna cost, need to set my budget accordingly.. and dont these companies provide their own batteries?
And u wont reccomend luminous?

Sukam: 4k
150 VA Inva Plus : 9k = 13k total.

Stay away from APC, the last I knew they were not offering Pure Sine Wave but modified sine wave. Also, dont buy the two stuff from same dealer. Get invertor and battery from two different vendor.

~LT

There is a new hyundai sine wave home inverter... around Rs 4xxx

add hyundai tubular battery Rs 8xxx has onsite warranty of 2.5 years the best i would say. I recently switched to it.

Get battery from a reg. Exide dealer, and ask battery prices at few place before buying..Some local brands are also good, it depends on the guy who's selling and manufacturing it..

linuxtechie said:
Sukam: 4k
150 VA Inva Plus : 9k = 13k total.

Stay away from APC, the last I knew they were not offering Pure Sine Wave but modified sine wave. Also, dont buy the two stuff from same dealer. Get invertor and battery from two different vendor.

~LT

well the 1000va model from apc is a pure sinewave.

zhopudey said:
I have an APC 800VA invertor, which switches as fast as an ups :)

well the thing is its not sinewave and also it may be fast inuff for a pc but sometimes even ups arent fast like the HP 800va ups i get errors in xbox 360 when it switches to backup, since it doesn't switch fast inuff,but the PC works fine.where as my ancient apc 500va model there are no issues.

hmm.. got in touch with luminous (whom im tilting towards since i have a luminous performing amazingly at office) looking at 1400va with 150tubular battery(and 2.5yrs batt warranty) @ 25k, and sukam (guy is supposed to come and meet me and then discuss price/capacity) and apc has a max of 1000va which i think is a lil less and hence not considering it.

Any reccomendations for luminous dealers in south delhi?

Update: Finally confirmed the Luminous 1400va with 150tubular battery for 25k. (including installation/trolley)

Thanks to all for their help!

Cheers!

Hi Everone,

I need some help regarding invertors.

Is it true that if my intended requirement is (say) around 400 Watt and im using a 1000 Watt invertor, it would basically be sucking in more energy from the batteries comapred to if i use (say) a 600 Watt invertor? Hence in this case 600 Watt invertor would work longer with the same batteries than a 1000 Watt invertor.

2ndly, what is all about the pure sine wave invertors?
i understand the requirement for PC's but don't they have built in step down invertors in the range 200-300 Watt, so why worry about the sine wave? (im not talking about the laptop charger, but desktop PC's).

Ok incase if i am not to use the PC, would an invertor without sine wave specs, work for me? My intended use would be fans, tubelights or to say may be a music player etc.

Waiting for your feedback,
Thanks,

Back