Monitors New Monitor Suggestion Budget 8-10k

RadioHeAd

Disciple
Its as simple as the title says, need a LCD (currently using a 17" CRT) for daily usage.. Something which will suffice my following usage and also be well within my budget of 8-10k.. Depending on the feasability and how much better it would be, might be able to add in a few more bucks(try for thousands) but not sure how much. Here i go with my confi and what i am looking for

Current Configuration :
Q8200
GTX 260
4 gb DDR II Ram
3 HDD's a total of around 1TB
17" monitor
Usage :
24/7 usage
Gaming (not the top of my priorities though to get the best VFX)
Internet
and yes lots of 3d apllications work incl., 3ds Max & Photoshop

I have not yet decided whther i should go for a 22 or a 24incher since i would like to know which would be able to handle the graphics in a better way with my current confi. considering the resolutions and stuff ..

Also i am looking for something which wouldn gimme a lot of trouble wrt ASS and warranty etc (have been inclined to DELL in that aspects )
Would appreciate all ur help and views ..
Cheers :D:D:D

dell p2210 @ 9.5k--always buy dell ---you get amazing service --- + great replacements if your monitor develops a snag!! i started out with a 19 inch 1908 wfp professional lcd in may this year and today i got a 24 inch g2410!!(after my p2210 22incher died which replaced my 1908wfp with 4 dead pixels!)

Thnx Sato & Sunny for the Instant replies.. :hap2:
will chkout the mentioned monitors. Would it be worth considering a 24 incher though with my current confi in mind..I mean will it handle a higher resolution like 1920x1080 without any much sacrifices in graphics. If yes can u suggest me a few with the budget not exceeding lets say 13k ?

i think u r current config can easily handle higher resolution (1920x1080).U can choose between Dell S2409,ST2410,Benq G2420,all priced around u r budget.

I had a look at the benQ 24" monitor (dont remember exact numbers), looked sweet and had really gr8 features (Full HD res, 2ms response, HDMI, and the usual). Priced at 12k or so..but that was without any bargain...

sunny27 said:
dell p2210 @ 9.5k--always buy dell ---you get amazing service --- + great replacements if your monitor develops a snag!! i started out with a 19 inch 1908 wfp professional lcd in may this year and today i got a 24 inch g2410!!(after my p2210 22incher died which replaced my 1908wfp with 4 dead pixels!)

Hey where did you get that pricing from ? Is this one available in bombay ?

If you are into hi res and 3d modeling etc..

Try dell sp2309w a look, bit on the higher side in price but definitely worth it..

I'm a user and do 3d modeling too...

sunny27 said:

you might be creating dead pixels at that rate or are you praying for your monitor to die because you are either not handling them properly or the quality of dell products is not good which makes them die so easily or frequently.;)

who cares i got a 24 incher from my 25 day old 22 incher which i got from my 6 month old 19 incher!!

lol i simply love dell!

and btw i take loads of care when it comes to my pc/hardware.

btw i am selling my 6 hour old dell g2410 24 incher interested people can pm me.

sunny27 said:
who cares i got a 24 incher from my 25 day old 22 incher which i got from my 6 month old 19 incher!!
lol i simply love dell!
and btw i take loads of care when it comes to my pc/hardware.
btw i am selling my 6 hour old dell g2410 24 incher interested people can pm me.

You are crazy. Why would you sell it . If the specs are true it is an led backlit display. From the review it seems to be atleast more than 15k.or you are sceptical of its life that this may also die?

its led backlit and reason i am selling it is i could do with some cash+my pc aint powerful enough to game @ the native 1980x1020 resolution.

1440x900 is enough for my rig.

sunny27 said:
its led backlit and reason i am selling it is i could do with some cash+my pc aint powerful enough to game @ the native 1980x1020 resolution.
1440x900 is enough for my rig.
But
Since
You have already claimed for warranty the person buying might not get the benefits. A query though.
You can always buy a 19 inch dell monitor.
:bleh:;):p

Back