Audio New speaker within 5k...... Hows Harman Kardon SoundSticks III

I was using a 2.1 Frontech speaker for over 7 years, and I think its time to change my speaker. Low Budget.. around 5k. But I am thinking of big picture. My plan is to buy a speaker for now and save for a decent amp and buy it later. while browsing the Harman Kardon SoundSticks III caught my eye. Its listed as $135 at abroad but around 12k at ebay india.. which is out of my budget. Is there any way I can buy it from abroad within rs 7500/-

I am open to suggestion, and want to stick to 5k unless it is a huge upgrade. It will be run from my inbuilt sound card from my mobo.. Main use will be music and movies

abracadabra said:
why dont you try amazon.com, HMV looks on the higher side?

you can ask Shop N Ship, also get a quote of ICC
Actually I dont know how to buy from amazon, I dont have credit card, I use my friends cc if required, and no idea about custom duty and shipping charges, and adding all, I guess it will be around 10k.. way out of my budget

vicky.vetal said:
edifier da5000 great speakers. around 7.5k

thank you, I am gonna look for it, how is it in comparison of soundstick III and z623

lll_aritra_lll said:
Actually I dont know how to buy from amazon, I dont have credit card, I use my friends cc if required, and no idea about custom duty and shipping charges, and adding all, I guess it will be around 10k.. way out of my budget

Well Sound sticks are out off your budget.

How about you try to audition for Corsair SP200, Edifier C2, Edifier C3. Almost all the three have a lot good reviews.

Logitech z623, seems to be is too bassy. Bass is necessary, but i need good sound not just the thump.

veer_singh said:
try to buy Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX certified ................

pretty decent speakers .....

the audio people, who are the major distri for Klipsch dont stock them anymore. any source for this? pricing?

Back