Budget 0-20k New to NAS, looking for a cabinet

But I have never actually printed anything. I think using plastic should be a last resort since it may melt while trying to handle how hot our electronics can get here :p
Fair point, but its really hard sourcing newer server stuff, your 3-D printing enclosures seemed to be a good idea

Hey @nileshsrox, I have a SilverStone CS380 and recommend it.

1714704740744.png

Comes with a backplane to simplify 8x HDD/SSD addition and removal.

1714704924934.png

There's also the CS382 but I don't know if it's available in India yet. It is limited to Micro-ATX boards, however.

1714704968322.png

I hope this helps!

So actually I got in contact with someone from here and he's selling me corsair 600t it can ultimately fit I think 16 to 18 hdds in it, going to his place tomorrow to deal face to face, will update here how it goes!

Excellent! I do have a Corsair 780t and can tell you these cases are built like tanks and will last you for a very long time. Will be great for a NAS build, go for it!

So actually I got in contact with someone from here and he's selling me corsair 600t it can ultimately fit I think 16 to 18 hdds in it, going to his place tomorrow to deal face to face, will update here how it goes!

Excellent! I do have a Corsair 780t and can tell you these cases are built like tanks and will last you for a very long time. Will be great for a NAS build, go for it!
Love it! Those old CM/Corsair cases are definitely built like tanks.

Can you please provide a link for this Rackmount case?

I recently came across this one:

Extreme Machines 2U NAS Server Chassis Frame

^^ This one seems like a good option but it can hold maximum of 6 HDDs/ SSDs. Although I don't need a server chassis but itching to get one and trying it in another NAS build!
I gave suggestion to the team and I think they are re-designing this with 9HDDs slot using the same 2U. There were too many wasted space and 9HDDs were possible.

Did you need to remove the small fan on the side of the case to fit the board ? Also do the screw mounts align ?
Yes, the small fan on the site was not included, i bought an used one and no screw modification for the motherboard. I drilled holes for the HDD cage and use zip ties lol. Threaded screws were too time consuming.

Last edited:

Extreme Machines 2U NAS Server Chassis Frame for 19 Inch U Rack​

I think this product will be updated soon. If anyone is interested.
The current design is 2x 3 HDDs bay,
New Design is 3x 3HDDs bay
https://www.amazon.in/Extreme-Machines-Server-Chassis-Default/dp/B0CNZNWJ44
View attachment 197070

We were discussing about this rack a few posts earlier in this thread. @lambda has this case and even posted a photo and his impressions about it.

When is the new upgraded version with 9 HDD capacity being released... any updates regarding that?

We were discussing about this rack a few posts earlier in this thread. @lambda has this case and even posted a photo and his impressions about it.

When is the new upgraded version with 9 HDD capacity being released... any updates regarding that?
Yea, i got the info from you only, They are saying its in production. They told me that it will be available after ~10 days.

Yea, i got the info from you only, They are saying its in production. They told me that it will be available after ~10 days.

I messaged them (Extreme Machines) over WhatsApp today and they said they will release the upgraded model with more HDD bay options in WITHIN the next 20 days. They didn't provide any information on the price though... I'm guessing it will be priced around 8-9k?

I'm actually ok with 6 HDD option since I won't be plopping in more drives in the case. I'm thinking between this case or re-using my Corsair 780T Full Tower which also has additional HDD bays added in it that I had bought separately from Corsair (Taiwan) a few years ago. This case will hold a massive 15 HDDs in total!

Last edited:
I messaged them (Extreme Machines) over WhatsApp today and they said they will release the upgraded model with more HDD bay options in the next 20 days. They didn't provide any information on the price though... I'm guessing it will be priced around 8-9k?

I'm actually ok with 6 HDD option since I won't be plopping in more drives in the case. I'm thinking between this case or re-using my Corsair 780T Full Tower which also has additional HDD bays added in it that I had bought separately from Corsair (Taiwan) a few years ago. This case will hold a massive 15 HDDs in total!
That old wud be better. Why waste money on new that can take only 6-9 when u have option of 15 sitting with u.

Back