New Unlimited Plans from MTNL, Delhi.

^^ lol seriously......same here..

that 1mbps plan is quite redundant. you could download almost as much on the 849 NU which is at 2 mbps. So if i am a downloader why would i bother with a 1mbps unlimited plan?

though seriously speaking, I like the 512 kbps upload speed.

BTW do u consistently get 2mbps. For me it is just touch & go.
The best I get is as per the result from MTNL site. During a good torrent d/l I do get below speed.

Internet connection speed results:
File Size: 5000KB

Time to Download: 24.328second(s)
Your Bandwidth: 1855.59Kbps
(1.812Mbps)
But this is I should say VFM as compared to other ISP's

ijsa said:
BTW do u consistently get 2mbps. For me it is just touch & go.
The best I get is as per the result from MTNL site. During a good torrent d/l I do get below speed.

Internet connection speed results:
File Size: 5000KB

Time to Download: 24.328second(s)
Your Bandwidth: 1855.59Kbps
(1.812Mbps)
But this is I should say VFM as compared to other ISP's

Ijsa, MTNL says up to two mbps. The max that i get is around 1900kbps when I use Internet Download Manager to download game demos from a GOOD SERVER

so you have nothing to worry about.

Funny how BSNL always has better plans than its metro counterpart. Faster BB in smaller cities has always been an ironic trend.

BSNl is always cheaper compared to MTNL, both are govt. services, but why the difference in pricing, one good thing is they are giving upload speed of 512kbps which BSNL never gives.

MTNL says 512 for 1999 but you have to add service tax also so it comes out to be total of 1999+around 250 = 2250 that too much for 512...no sense in taking that plan 849 is much better.

Back