Nexus 7 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I also want to buy this tablet (the 8GB variant). Although I'm a bit skeptical about whether to buy it from IndiaTimes or wait for it to launch officially (which may or may not happen). I don't want these to go 'out-of-stock' everywhere :p

Any idea of the official pricing if it were launched in India? I don't mind paying 1 or 2k more if I can get it right now but if it were to launch at around 11-13k and I buy it for 16k on IndiaTimes, then that'll be disappointing :p

EDIT: I also wanted to ask about any screen issues that a lot of people are having. Anyone have any experience with that?

It's rumored that it'll launch here in October but I'm not so sure.

And India times was out of stock with the 16gb version last time I checked. You should look for the 16gb over the 8gb though.

I've mailed them about a week ago asking about its official launching, Yesterday I got a call from Asus and the person told me that they are launching it in the last week of September. He also told me to wait for official launch and asked me not to purchase it online since they will not provide any warranty on USA import tablets.

They definitely provide warranty on products imported from the USA. I'm getting my N7 repaired and getting a new display by Monday.

I've mailed them about a week ago asking about its official launching, Yesterday I got a call from Asus and the person told me that they are launching it in the last week of September. He also told me to wait for official launch and asked me not to purchase it online since they will not provide any warranty on USA import tablets.

Apparently its launching in November

Asus Announces Nexus 7 Tablet Coming to India in November
Google Nexus India launch in November: Asus| Tablet launch news - CIOL News Reports

They definitely provide warranty on products imported from the USA. I'm getting my N7 repaired and getting a new display by Monday.
Last time I checked (online/offline) Asus refused to provide any warranty on USA Imports.
How on earth you are getting warranty repairs? :)

Asus definitely provide international warranty. I knew someone else from xda also who'd gotten it fixed in Delhi. So I went to the Mumbai center and showed it to them. They seemed a bit confused initially because it was the first time they'd seen a N7. They actually seemed fascinated. But yes they make a call or two and confirm your serial number on the box and then take it for repairs. I'm getting a new display and will get it back on Monday. No charge.

Nexus 7 16GB version nearing end-of-life, to be replaced by 32GB version: Report

We have been hearing about the 32GB version of Nexus 7 for quite some time now, it was also been confirmed (almost), but a new piece of information has emerged which makes it more interesting.

According to an internal screenshot posted by Phandroid.com, the Nexus 7 16GB version is nearing end-of-life and it will be replaced by 32GB version.

It is very likely that Google will keep the $249.99 price tag for 32GB version. Giving double storage for same price would certainly help in the holiday sales of the tablet.

In other news, Google had started pushing Android 4.1.2 update for Nexus 7 tablets. The update brings stability improvements, bug fixes and landscape mode support in stock launcher.

The update is about 33MB in size and is rolling out over-the-air.

Source: Nexus 7 16GB version nearing end-of-life, to be replaced by 32GB version: Report | AndroidOS.in

According to an internal screenshot posted by Phandroid.com, the Nexus 7 16GB version is nearing end-of-life and it will be replaced by 32GB version.
Damn that sucks, just got a Nexus7 delivered for myself to a friend in the states.

How much can I expect for my Nexus 7 16 GB with a cracked screen? Never dropped or anything, so no physical damage apart from the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back