No HDMI output to KLV-32S200A from 5670

coolraghav

Skilled
I've been using this SONY LCD KLV-32S200A since 3 or more years when it wasn't even launched in India.

Been watching movies on it through HDMI via my ATI 2600xt card (thru dvi-hdmi converter)..finally thought of buying new card ATI 5670 which has hdmi port too.

I'm not getting any hdmi output on this lcd via my ATI 5670 with same settings and all (for like i did in 2600xt) what I could do through catalyst .. [LCD Does get detected]

What could be the reason for so, I've madly searched in google..not able to find out.

Some clues :-
A. I'm using 5 metres big HDMI cable, could tht be reason ? if yes then how come so old card 2600xt could transmit 720p or 1080i ? Also is it like I gotta try with new hdmi shorter cable ?

B. I'm not sure about HDCP, but is it something every TV needs it now?

C. LCD does get DETECTED in catalyst but no output as told above.

D. Screen Dithers on selection of HDMI and it keeps distorting.. See screenshot, it will make you understand what I'm trying to say.

I've already reinstalled the drivers twice and I don't think thats the issue. Strangely I had same problems in ATI 4850 but I always thought it was the dvi-hdmi converter, then I just rolled back to 2600xt as it was giving me what I want.

I would request some geek guidance .

THANKS!

Reference :
captureymv.jpg

Normally works fine :

But when HDMI is selected and signals being sent by 5670 gfx
img00400201002080233.jpg

In my case i too have a Sony LCD and had tried connecting my laptop (having HDMI output) to the TV but it did not work. The display on TV would just come and go each second. But it seems my laptop did detect that a higher resolution output device is connected since now i was able to change the resolution on laptop to 1920 x 1080 which is natively (on laptop screen) not possible as its max resolution is 1366 x 768

1. try with a shorter HDMI cable
2. HDCP is a issue with drivers many a time - on my onboard 8300 and panasonic pv8 with a certain nvidia driver HDCP went for a toss, i could see display but no sound. Earlier in the 178 series drivers - there were handshaking problems and if the signal source was changed on TV to say cable or something else - i had to restart the computer after switching it back to HTPC. Your problem might be a HW problem - take out any drivers from the PC - restart the computer with the TV selecting the computer as source on HDMI (also if any other VGA cable is connected from computer to TV take it out -use only HDMI
3. My advice - uninstall all ATI drivers - install new card 5670 into the system (not drivers) - select HDMI from new card to TV - start computer - you should see boot screen if no VGA cable is added in additon to HDMI - let windows load drivers. Then let windows install generic drivers. restart and then load ATI drivers.

PS: Most importantly in bios after installing the new card- see if the default display is that for new 5670 (in case there is onboard display). Also my Pana PV8 does support resolution of 1080p on HDMI (though its a 720p display) - wonder why Sony does not.

Hmm, Could it also be the version of HDMI cable ? If mine is like I say around 3 years old atleast and these days versions are like 1.3 or something. Heck, I don't even know the version of my hdmi cable. (prolly 1.3)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000R5N0G4/ref=ox_ya_oh_product This was the one!

I bought this one and REPEAT was/is working fine with 2600xt old card.

Also is it like these days LCD TV's need HDCP ? then only there be output from my computer ?

I've uninstalled/reinstalled drivers most of the time.

Im seriously trying to find a person who has almost same issue!

RESOLVED :-

The LCD is kind off old for these latest cards, I took the pain of taking my cpu to another room where I've installed latest samsung plasma and voilaa it worked there ! :cool2:

SOLUTION :-

LED/LCD Purchase in couple of hours/days. :clap:

raksrules said:
OT: coolraghav, what an avatar :p

:hap2:

Could be because the resolution your 5670 was driving the Sony at, isn't natively supported by the Sony? That should be pretty easy to confirm.

WickedTA said:
Could be because the resolution your 5670 was driving the Sony at, isn't natively supported by the Sony? That should be pretty easy to confirm.

As told above, I've been using this LCD for 720p output and even 1080i. And get the resolution as I want. However with 5670 it doesnt work..

Back