Nokia 5230..Battery drained in less than 12 hours

raksrules

Elite
I have started facing this issue since yesterday. I charged my phone yesterday morning at like 9 am. Then in the entire day till evening i hardly received few messages and absolutely no calls. Still in the evening my battery level dropped to 3 bars.
So i charged it again and in the night i made a call of duration 1 hour and 3 to 4 sms messages. After the call the bars dropped to 4 bars. Now assuming this to be sufficient i kept my phone aside and went to sleep. But in morning my alarm failed to ring. I checked and the phone was dead, i mean its battery.
Can any one tell what is wrong with my phone and how come suddenly such a behaviour ??

i think the problem you are facing with your phone is due to PA (power amplifier) failure if your phone is still in warranty take it to nokia service centre and if not than i think you have to get it changed from some local repair guy i think it will cost you around 3 or 4 hundred rupiees.

Same thing had happened to my phone, turned out to be the ravensoft battery extender sw :mad:. battery life is back to normal after removing it

^^ I dont have the battery extended software installed on my phone and only app that runs full time is the Ramblow. I think it is not the culprit but still i have stopped it from running and will see the results.

Sometime back, my 5800's battery drained completely in less than 4 hours. The phone was hotter also. I believe it's most probably because of water entering inside through the top (I took it out while I was in rain) :). After recharging, everything was luckily back to normal.

^^ hahaha.. dont take me wrong.. may be your are extensive Perspiration? Just kidding.. Get it RMA'ed may be they will upgrade the software and change the battery.

eBro

^:lol: :lol:

No perspiration in this AC office and neither in this non-humid climate of Pune.

Upgrade of software is really not an answer as i already have latest firmware.

Battery going kaput so soon may be a hit and miss. Now i have charged my phone about 3 hrs back. Let me see what is the outcome.

Most probably some apps is draining ur battery ... had same problem sometime back

Reset the phone and everything was back to normal

btw V 21.0.004 is released and phone seems to be even more responsive than before

raksrules said:
^:lol: :lol:

No perspiration in this AC office and neither in this non-humid climate of Pune.
Upgrade of software is really not an answer as i already have latest firmware.
Battery going kaput so soon may be a hit and miss. Now i have charged my phone about 3 hrs back. Let me see what is the outcome.
Had been getting hardly 2 days with 3G for mine, bought in January. Few days back reverted back to 2G, did a hard reset and removed all games, unnecessary applications etc. GPRS also not in use. Also did few deep discharge/charge cycles. Just now, the phone is almost discharged after 4.5 days. Will charge only tomorrow morning to test the next cycle. Usage is calls only and not too long.

Recently my 5230's battery drained completely, it died slow death, it didnt start. I went to nokia care and gave my handset. The whole process for me took about 8 days.

Ok so it seems it was a temporary issue per se. Because last charged yesterday morning at like 10 AM types then full day had calls of around 2 Hrs, bit of GPRS use on mobile as well as connected to laptop and still it shows 4 bars which i feel is good.

Not sure what the issue was but seems to be ok now :S

Now what i did was i stopped the Ramblow application which used to run in background. I am not sure if that was what causing the issue but exiting from it helped i guess. So have made a point to use that app only when necessary and exit after a memory cleanup. As such i am not a heavy user so memory is not much of a problem.

Back