Nokia N8 Thread

Hey Guys ,

Seeing that there is already a poll running on the N8 i was wondering how many of you have pre-ordered the phone ? I have already booked it but cannot decide on the color ^.^

Nokia N8
Some reviews and videos for those who might be interested :

"Another nice touch with Symbian^3 is the visual multitasking panel that appears when you hold down the homescreen button. This feature allows you to see a decent sized snapshot of all the apps that you have open on your device. Browsing is nice, especially so because it handles Flash with no problems."

What features are you interested in ?

Re: Nokia N8 Pre Orders

Is the MRP is fixed ? 26,259/- or it will be up when released ? Or this is Pre-Order MRP ?

Looks like the MRP has been added to the page only today. 26K is quite good considering this would mean a retailing price of around 24K. Nice price point

If 26k is the MRP then no need to pre-order, better to wait and watch,

According to color, If you are not in school/college or teenage choose White/Black.

In my opinion this not an Ipod, other shades look like toy. In my point of view, White one is most suites in female hand and Black is defiantly male.

Though if you want to get attention choose the white one....but no no to other shades.

Come on dude.. the orange one looks brilliant ! I didn't like the green but blue is nice too.

There is no white , its silver.

The grey market prices can be expected to be around 20k initially......

IMHO, The N8 is not gonna work..... trust me on that......

I remember what happened to the N96, the N97 & the N97Mini..... And the thoughts make me shudder......

But since u have already booked it, I would suggest u go for Black..... Looks the most decent & mature.....

:)

nehaladsul said:
The grey market prices can be expected to be around 20k initially......

IMHO, The N8 is not gonna work..... trust me on that......

I remember what happened to the N96, the N97 & the N97Mini..... And the thoughts make me shudder......

But since u have already booked it, I would suggest u go for Black..... Looks the most decent & mature.....

:)
No chance buddy, Best hardware in phones hands down, cutting edge tech, has an hdmi port 12mpxl cam, and all this not just for the name sake but they actually are very awesome.

Watching videos in 720p through the hdmi port is a breeze. Even gaming.

Just that first few months apps support will be less. but they are launching it at a very good price.

sid1712 said:
Best hardware in phones ? No

One of the best ? Maybe
One of the best for sure... best in class GPU , best camera ever in a phone , great OS , fast UI , free offline navigation , pentaband radios , BT 3.0 , USB OTG. Can't wait to get mine soon...

dhruvrock2000 said:
Browsing is nice, especially so because it handles Flash with no problems."
Not true... flash brings it to its knees

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dhruvrock2000 said:
One of the best for sure... best in class GPU , best camera ever in a phone , great OS , fast UI , free offline navigation , pentaband radios , BT 3.0 , USB OTG. Can't wait to get mine soon...
Not true. Best in class GPU is PowerVR SGX540. Only Galaxy S and Wave have them. Rest I don't want to comment now... some could be true, some may not.

hatter said:

Not true. Best in class GPU is PowerVR SGX540. Only Galaxy S and Wave have them. Rest I don't want to comment now... some could be true, some may not.
Depends on what you tested.... in my experience it handles flash pretty decently.

Ah yes , the GPU in the Hummingbird.. yup , must've missed me. Well yes , that is faster. But the point is still valid that the hardware still holds well at its price point.

hatter said:

Not to contest what you said, but hardware needs to be utilized properly too, from what i saw, in the videos, seems like it aces it..

I hope you get what i mean--> good hardware + software that cant utilize it < Second best hardware + software that utilizes it very well.

Just making a point that, have the hardware and actually extracting the full juice is different.

And hell yes, the hardware is the best on any phone, dont strip every single component, look at it as a whole, in such a small form factor, everything counts.

Party Monger said:
Not to contest what you said, but hardware needs to be utilized properly too, from what i saw, in the videos, seems like it aces it..

I hope you get what i mean--> good hardware + software that cant utilize it < Second best hardware + software that utilizes it very well.

Just making a point that, have the hardware and actually extracting the full juice is different.

And hell yes, the hardware is the best on any phone, dont strip every single component, look at it as a whole, in such a small form factor, everything counts.

Ok, for now let's just say this: N8 suffers from performance issues which are clearly hardware and software related. How serious they are, I will tell on Tuesday.

Depends on what you are comparing to. This is a mid-range phone , that is certainly how it is aimed and you should not compare it to top end models like the Galaxy S because it is not competing with them.

You really need to keep in mind that each of them have their own strengths and weaknesses. The camera is certainly the focal point of this phone.

This is Nokia's flagship phone so its only natural to compare it to the Galaxy S, Desire, etc.

^^

It is not. It is their flagship camera phone. Big difference. The flagship is yet to come. For all purposes , they still consider the N900 / N97 as their flagship.

Back