Nook HD+

NST is 6 inch.This is 9.So cant compare the two

no, i meant if it could be cut for 6", then probably for the 9" too. would prefer matte one. never used a matte guard. let me see how it is.
BTW, a wet-protector, is swiping difficult on it? can @nimod or anybody else please tell if matte guard is also similar to touch (rubbery-type)?!

Possibly, but keeping the corners proper will be a PITA. And you've to cut out for the "N" at the bottom. If more than 1 person is getting the Nook HD+, get one of those 3-guard pack from AMZ/Ebay and you can split the cost. I got the XtremeShield for around 1100 (pack of 3) from GEB. Specifically went for it due to good reviews and a glossy finish (matte makes the colors wash out, which is no fun while reading comics).

Nice. You're good to go then. Check the XDA thread for Nook HD/HD+. Specifically, check for Leapinlar's thread. He outlines some cool flashes for Nook HD+, from rooting (temp/perma CWM) to only enabling the "Install from external sources" (which is not present in stock fimrware).
I highly recommend rooting (and enabling external sources) otherwise the Nook HD+ will RESET itself if you try browsing/modifying any file in the SYSTEM folder. Plus helps in sideloading apps/games not available for Nook HD+.

thanks! will check the page.

You won't feel any difference on a matte protector. its almost same.

oh! i see. so i guessed correct. that's why minimal finger-prints on a matte-guard. will then perhaps order a regular guard too alongwith the matte one, to be used in case i feel the matte-guard has reduced the contrast drastically.

I just got a cheap screen protector for my Nook HD+, the glossy variety of course and installed within minutes. Does the job well enough.

Sell micro sd to him and Nook HD+ to me, problem solved. No device, no more storage problems.:p[DOUBLEPOST=1387132684][/DOUBLEPOST]Is it good for reading online magazines & newspapers embedded in their website like Frontline, The Economic Times etc. I do annotating on webpages and sometimes I take snapshots too. How is the web surfing experience?

Last edited:
what's your location? am thinking of ordering a screen-protector through ibhejo. getting the case too from them.

Exactly the reason I went for a glossy one. And no, it wasn't the wet type. Simply cleaned the screen and applied it carefully, taking out the bubbles as I went. Never really had trouble applying any screenguard till now, but then I haven't used the wet ones (don't really strike my fancy).

+1. Nighttime reading is a cinch with zero brightness.[DOUBLEPOST=1387097290][/DOUBLEPOST]HD+ charger (charger + cable) is only 12.5$ @ B&N site (14th and 15th Dec only IIRC). You can use FRIENDNFAM for additional 25% discount. Stocking up on these !
How are you getting the charger shipped. Normally via B&N or using a 3rd party like PPO Box?[DOUBLEPOST=1387172673][/DOUBLEPOST]
what's your location? am thinking of ordering a screen-protector through ibhejo. getting the case too from them.
Bud, I am located in Siliguri, West Bengal

Lemme ask him if he's comfortable sharing his address.

sure!![DOUBLEPOST=1387179785][/DOUBLEPOST]
How are you getting the charger shipped. Normally via B&N or using a 3rd party like PPO Box?[DOUBLEPOST=1387172673][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bud, I am located in Siliguri, West Bengal

alright. this is the case that's lying in my cart. about to place the order:

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00AAKLE00/ref=gno_cart_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1JV1LN0Y6K86J

@alekhkhanna - case looks fine?

Last edited:
Back