OC & Modding Oc Help Reqd.

Hello Frnds,
I have got this old rig of mine ie.
- Intel Pentium 4 @1700mhz
- VIA P4M266(VT8751)mobo
- 256 mb ram (DDR-SDRAM)

I am looking forward to overclock my processor. help is needed from your side. how to go with it. can anyone guide me with the process of overclocking. help from the member frnds and experienced overclockers is really appreciated. thanks a lot in advance. will wait for the feedback on this help.
thanks

could you give more details of the motherboard and your power supply pleaj

if you have problems figuring out about the mobo the use cpu-z and post screens of all the tabs here..

CPUID

I guess this is how it generally is :

Go to BIOS, increase multiplier factor. If that is not possible Go to BIOS, increase FSB. If comp does not boot, reset BIOS by using Clear CMOS jumper or Remove and RePut the Li- Battery.

This works if your mobo supports overclocking, about which i have no idea.

it has an award bios.....one which supports OCing...jus increase ur FSB in steps...based on ur multiplier..ur proccy speed wil increase....dunno how much a p4 can do on stock....but do it on a trial n error basis....keep it increasing in steps....and there'll be a point beyond which ur comp wont boot....

keep tht point in mind....reset the CMOS....and again do the same...don go to that value directly...do it as u did the first time- in steps.....and let us know how far u're able to reach...

Back