OC & Modding OC'ing my E7500.. Temp's ??

kranti2064

Disciple
Dec 23, 2009
Hi guys..

I have overclocked my C2D E7500 (2.93 GHz, 3 MB Cache) to 3.52 GHz (320 * 11).. I have a Coolermaster Chimney instead of the Stock Cooler (that the buygamingstuff.com is selling in the Dealer's Section). And a G31 Gigabyte chipset..

My idle temps are 39 Celsius right now and Prime 95 takes it to 56 Celsius max in small FFT test..

My question is, are these temps ok.. Bcoz it's still chilly here in Delhi and they seem a bit on the high side.. Also while installing the CPU a bit of the Thermal Grease rubbed off.. Should I buy a Thermal Paste for the CPU..

I have enough ventilation in the Cabinet with 1 inlet and 2 Exhaust fans.. Please suggest ...

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
here in Delhi

I get 35C on Idle. And Prime 95, takes it to around 54C. You temperatures are in the decent range. Though what Comp@ddict has suggested is also good, regarding re-applying new TIM, and re-seating the HSF.

Though, what vCore are you running on. Is it the absolute lowest your system is stable at 2.93 Ghz..?

kranti2064

Disciple
Dec 23, 2009
I am running at 1.2875 (i think, it's than system default) Vcore and I think might be able to go down couple of notches.. My system is rock solid stable.. Will go by what Comp@addict says and will reapply TIM..

udayrulz

Adept
Jan 13, 2008
London
^ Yes , try that ..

The temp's do seem a bit high considering current ambience temp .. probably because you didn't apply thermal paste correctly ..

Check a few videos on youtube before redoing it . ;)

dOm1naTOr

Skilled
Nov 4, 2007
Kottayam kerala
Yes, applying better TIM can bring it down by some 2~5c.

btw, it could be the climate too. Its getting too hot these days, and my avg system temp has been rose by around 8~10c and is still rising. DOnt oc too much on these summer, w/o an AC or a good aftermarket cooler.

btw, more intake fans than exhaust fan can be better as it builds up positive chassis pressure, which is not only slightly better for cooling, but also reduces dust accumulation inside cabby.

You can add another intake too to help it. Also enable speed step to reduce idle temps. It can reduce idle power consumption too, though enabling it isnt recommended in case of extreme oc [3.8Ghz+], which isnt possible with the current cooler.

kranti2064

Disciple
Dec 23, 2009
Well Extreme OC isn't possible on my Budget MotherBoard :( .. It's just a puny G31 Chipset ... ;) ..

i tried ordering OCZ Freexe from theITwares but it's out of stock... Is Arctic MX-2 any good.. I was reading a review and there was a temp Diff ranging from 2 Degrees to 8 Degrees in favor of OCZ Freeze.. Anyplace that I can get it in Nehru Place????

Should I try at Lynx India ??? Any other online store I could possibly get OCZ Freeze??

Well Extreme OC isn't possible on my Budget MotherBoard :( .. It's just a puny G31 Chipset ... ;) ..

i tried ordering OCZ Freexe from theITwares but it's out of stock... Is Arctic MX-2 any good.. I was reading a review and there was a temp Diff ranging from 2 Degrees to 8 Degrees in favor of OCZ Freeze.. Anyplace that I can get it in Nehru Place????

Should I try at Lynx India ??? Any other online store I could possibly get OCZ Freeze??

BHULLAR BOYS

Disciple
Feb 17, 2010
I think better to buy some thermal paste like artic silver, tunix tx2,

also remain the vcore voltage to stock no need to increase it u will able to oc it to 3.7ghz on stock voltage as me to able to oc my e7500 to 3.75 ghz on stock voltage

dvijaydev46

Adept
Sep 30, 2009
@OP: Try to get MX2. It's good, I'm using it for the last 2 years. It's also easy to apply, unlike OCZ Freeze. BTW: Which PSU do you have? which cabinet, how many intake and exhaust fans?

kolguy

Adept
Jun 24, 2009
been using the OCZ freeze for some time and i can concur with what dvijay says its bit thick and applying can be a bit of a pain but otherwsie its pretty good.