PC Peripherals Old wireless keyboard typing spurious characters/gibberish

arjie

Disciple
Hi,

I have an ancient Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Mouse. There isn't a clearly labelled model number so if you can tell me where to find that maybe that'll help.

Basically the problem is this:

1. I hit the 'o' key and get 'oh' or 'ho'. If I hold it, I get a string of 'h' characters.

2. I hit the '.' (full-stop) key and get '0.' or '0.0'

Please assist if you can, I can't stand my keyboard having fun at my expense. I have done the following:

1. Disconnect the base station and reconnect everything.

2. Replace the batteries.

3. Tried a different keyboard in the same computer.

In the first two cases, the problem remains and in the third case it goes away.

Thanks for reading,

That is what I did _not_ want to hear :) Particularly because I sleep in the same room as I keep that computer! dun-dun-DUNNN!

C'mon man its old now ... its time is over so giving issues ... even mine wireless kb went something like that ... and all the numeric keys also stopped working ... ill suggest u to get a new one ... as other keyboards are working fine ..

How ancient is this keyboard anyway? The O and H keys are a bit too distant from the keyboard so chances are something apart from the keys are acting up. Replace the keyboard and get over it. :p

This keyboard possession happens to my logitech wireless kb too!(the one with rounded edges!)

sometimes I'm looking at the Kb and typing and after a while when I look up, most of the stuff is messed up!!!

Anyways, I think I'm too fast for my wireless kb! lol sometimes I go way ahead and the kb starts falling behind! :rofl:

Hi,

This seems to be my problem too.

Last week, my old Intex PS2 keyboard started continuously typing letters: l, k, etc. I thought the keyboard is old and went ape.

Two days back, bought a new Philips USB keyboard. But this one is giving letters: q, l, etc. in repetition.

The issue seems to be somewhere else.

Check for all kinds of malware using a good Scanner. if still does not gets fixes, try to format and reload windows. if problem still persists, its an hardware issue.

Prole73 said:
Hi,

This seems to be my problem too.

Last week, my old Intex PS2 keyboard started continuously typing letters: l, k, etc. I thought the keyboard is old and went ape.

Two days back, bought a new Philips USB keyboard. But this one is giving letters: q, l, etc. in repetition.

The issue seems to be somewhere else.

Back