Origin Access started for India - Rs.315 a month

Rickyk

Skilled
https://www.origin.com/en-in/store/origin-access

"Play a growing collection of great PC games, try new EA games before they're released and save 10% on Origin purchases. Cancel anytime."

List of games currently available -

Battlefield 3
Battlefield 4
Battlefield Hardline Digital Deluxe
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Dragon Age: Origins – Ultimate Edition
Dragon Age II
FIFA 15
Need for Speed Rivals: Complete Edition
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
SimCity
The Sims 3 Starter Pack
This War of Mine

Also -
"Play brand new EA games before they’re released for a limited time." Currently includes "Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2" & "Unravel"-
https://www.origin.com/en-in/store/origin-access/trials

"Origin Access" is currently available for "Windows PC" users -
"Origin Access is only available on PC. Vault games and Play First Trials cannot be played on a Mac."

Last edited:
Is it like, if i pay 315/month, i get unlimited access to all the listed game for the month. So effectively i dont have to buy the game if i only plan to play it once. Is it so ?

Correct.

You aren't "buying" any game. You're merely paying a "Subscription" to access available content. If you stop paying the sub, your access to the "service" stops from the date your sub expires as does your access to the said games.

Similar to Netflix (in a sense) but this is for games...

Last edited:
Meaningless with a small library of old games. You can buy all of those games (except maybe BF4 and FIFA) with an years worth of subscription cost.

Its a pretty good service. Shame that its missing Dragon Age Inquisition which you get if you subscribe in EU or US.

If you have never played BF4 before then its worth throwing down 300 Rs to play for a month and see if its your thing just for that one game alone.

Its a huge failure because

hardcore gamers have 50% of games listed
And just for playing games early i wont shell out 300. bettwe options are present

AND

USE YOUR BRAIN 3x12 = 3600 rupees can buy you way more games then listed if u look at right place.

Last edited:
It will be perfect for students, who only get one month off during holidays and can get most of the costly games for cheap in one go, play the whole damn month 24x7 and then discontinue till the next break. This is given the access moves a whole lot more games with lots of variety.

To me this appears to be a strategy to sell their old games (in terms of continuous revenues on them) that arent on shelves at the moment. I dont see any new games that will make into the listing.
Neither EA likes to have their money making games come right into the lot nor does the early birds who pick up multiplayer games from EA will be happy to see the game they bought getting into cheaper lot.

I paid for the last two months (using VPN) so I could play a bit of FIFA, BF Hardline and Dragon Age Inquisition. I had been thinking of buying those games for a while and am glad I tried this service instead.

BF Hardline is basically dead, any money you spend buying it is wasted.
FIFA is ok.
Not really feeling Dragon Age Inquisition. I thought I would enjoy it but its kinda eh.

Gonna try a few other games in the bundle but by and large I am glad I spent 700 Rs on this rather than buy any of those three games. I am gonna cancel till they put another game in there that I wanna play for a month or so. Star Wars battlefront hopefully a few months down the line.

They should make sets of New Releases, Current Games and Old Games and allow us to choose, like 1 Game from New Releases, 3-4 Games from Current ones and a handful from Old ones. That will make more sense.

I have subscribed mainly for need for speed. For the service I would say origin really did a good job with the access & I would recommend it to anyone.
Mainly because you can try/finish the game at a cheaper rate. Even if you don't like it then you can choose another.
Now I really agree that need for speed is boring. I have played almost 30 mins & I can say that the game failed to interest me. I thought it would be somewhat similar to underground series but I was wrong underground series pulled you the moment you started the game but here its just the opposite. The only positive point is the game is visually impressive thats it. Again this is my initial impressions I may be wrong too.

Last edited:
Thanks to ea origin for BF1 trial. Completed the prologue &"Through Mud and Blood". There is no denying that BF 1 is one of the best visually looking games.
The only problem is ping in multiplayer reaches near 200 & sometimes it fails in matchmaking.

For a second I was wondering which part of Witcher was this, then I saw the bullet trail and the man with the gun :)

I have subcribed for it and I have downloaded quite a number of titles and playing. Why don't we all have MP session on any FPS titles like Crysis 3? I basically think you can use this for multiplayer especially people who have never experienced MP like me :p

Back