Pacenet in Mumbai

gauviz

Adept
I've recently shifted to Goregaon, and the only isp apart from MTNL here is the cable one providing Pacenet isp. Anyone using pacenet , please comment on their network.

Also plan seems little weird.
They are offering 1mbps UL -- 750/- pm
and 2mbps UL -- 1600/- pm

Can anyone confirm these plans

I had it before MTNL in 2004-2006........ very good service....... tht time it had 72kbps connection speed...... DC++ was there too...... but ON and OFF........ use to get 7MBps downloads frm DC++

They take 2-3 days of maintenance every month specially on wkends which I didnt like........ also they hav dialer to get connected which I didnt like.......

Check for FUP...... other than tht I had good service frm them......

pacenet is shit, i had it in 2004-05 before i shifted to another thug called igate, anyways, pacenet has too many service issues and alot of downtimes. I suggest u do in for MTNL with the dsl 1333 plan, u'il get 1mbps at day and 10pm to 8am 2mbps and sundays 2mbps, nothing compares to MTNL but, when they have troubles, they take a while to sort but in the service industry, thats how things are.

pacenet is ok not good not bad

major demerit is their downtime but their dc++ hubs are very good

though recently i have heard many of my frnds shifting to nivyah in goregaon

I have a Pacenet connection 768 kbps @ 600 p.m. at Andheri East. The speedtest result at my sig. is from that connection!

Ya sometimes you can get such speed at night, I am pleased with their service.

Btw, I do not know anything about "DC++ hub", Can somebody enlighten me?

cyclopsx23 said:
I have a Pacenet connection 768 kbps @ 600 p.m. at Andheri East. The speedtest result at my sig. is from that connection!

Ya sometimes you can get such speed at night, I am pleased with their service.

Btw, I do not know anything about "DC++ hub", Can somebody enlighten me?
Dc++,strong dc,apex dc etc are all softwares which allows users from different areas to connect and share files, play mp games with each other through a dedicated server ip from isp.

I stay in vikhroli and we have speednet service from genstar. 2mbps UL@ 333permonth, download speeds varies from 207kbps to 230kbps. We have got a hub GAMEZONE hosted by genstar,ghatkopar. A seperate dialup is given for gamezone.Users from vikhroli and ghatkopar share files on this hub at speed of upto 10mbps like we do on our lan.

Check with your cable operator or service provider for any hub running in your area and get its ip (user id and password are needed)

You can make your own hub. A software called ptokax is needed to create a hub. Then you can ask other users to connect to your ip with the use of dc++,strong dc etc. File sharing becomes a lot easy and chatting is fun on hubs...

Dont get confused between this dc called as hub and the actual device HUB.

Friend of mine has taken the cheapest plan of Pacenet just to get in DC++ , the LAN transfer takes away all the download hassles.

Worst ISP ever. I had it back in 2007. The only good thing was ODC hubs, which we had created, but they divided that too and hit the final nail in the coffin. The rates were absolutely horrible back then and our local cable operator would just add his own price over the MRP of the refill packs. Kicked it out when MTNL Triband came along.

Go with nivyah, had been using it for torrents, used to get speeds of 1.5Mbps even though i was on the 1Mbps plan. no idea about DC, though.

Here in Ghatkopar have shifted to Hathway (its actually Rajesh Hathway), and speeds are ok, i get speeds upto 125Kbps. Cost 6067 all incl 1yr 1 Mbps UL. have d/w atleast 150GB in the first month itself.

About DC though, shit. Max speeds of 2.5MiBps.

Back