PC dabba for 18K. Best combo for movies and music. help

gursud

Disciple
Hello Guys,
I am in lookout for a PC . As I has already decided with the monitor I need your suggestion with the CPU,mobo,cabinet,HDD,DVD/bluray drive,. The cabinet should be of good quality. If the PSU comes with cabinet its fine else I am open for a standalone PSU.Speakers should be 2.1. Below is my requirements as per the template.

Q: What is your budget?
18kThough I am open to increase the budget, my usage doesn’t need expensive PC, atleast I think so.This includes PC without monitor. For monitor I almost decided upon u2311H.I will be more than happy if the PC can be made with lesser budget. Also for speakers I have separate budget of 4K. I am sorry if I sound confusing.

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
NA

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
NA

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
I haven’t decided anything yet.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
In future I may add a Xonar sound card.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bangalore and Open to online purchase as well.

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware.
Watching HD movies(This is the main purpose. The mobo should have best audio hardware. By best I mean as good as it can get within my budget)
Browsing
SAP software.

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
I am open to any brand.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
NA

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
I have no idea regarding this.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
NO

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 , ubuntu

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor Core i3 2100 5700

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3 (or) ASUS P8H61-M PLUS V2 3300

RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1250

HDD Seagate 500GB 7200.12 2150

GPU IGP Intel HD2000 -

Cabinet CM Elite 310 1600

PSU/SMPS Corsair CX430 v2 2200

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650

Mouse NA -

ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 900

Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS4621 3150

Total 20900

You can go for this PC. If you think you will make use of the USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps then go for the Intel DH67BL(B3) ~ 5.2k

If you need a 5.1 set then I would suggest the Logitech Z506 ~ 4.1k

A few minor adjustments to DarkAngel's RIG --

Instead of the Cooler Master eLite 310 get the NZXT Gamma ~ 2200/- [a much better cabinet for a fractional increase in price].

Thanks a lot people. Some more questions.

- For multimedia would AMD or Intel rig makes any difference?

-Also the Mobos mentioned above are compatible for sound cards right? And i prefer the mobo should be future proof.

-Could you suggest a RAM better than the one mentioned, as the SAP software mostly depends on RAM.

-Wouldn't i be getting a PSU with the cabinet itself? if yes how good the PSU you mentioned s.

The ones that comes with cabbies are piece of $hit. A PSU is the heart of the system and one shouldnt skimp on it as it is the one that provides power to all the other components. The one I recommended is very good in the price range.

Corsair CX430 V2 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

The RAM is also pretty decent. What exactly do you mean by better one. More RAM, faster RAM or tighter timings?

The H61 Asus has both PCI and PCI-E 1x slots. So it is compatible with all types of sound cards.

As of now in this budget range Intel has much better processing power and AMD Llano has better graphics power. Though you can gain back the graphics power by adding a low-mid end GPU like the HD6570 ~ 3.8k.

Thanks for the clear explaination.

I want faster RAM. May be for something less than 2000.Regarding Mobo what would you suggest out of the three

mentioned by you, Keeping cost aside. Of these 3 which one has best sound quality(built in). I know i am irritation you but cant help. Sorry.

^^

Best get the Intel DH67-BL then, it has optical out support too.

As for RAM, look towards the Corsair XMS3 4GB x 1 ~ 1600/-. It is the fastest RAM [in speed] within your budget.

Thanks a lot alpha. Almost finalized with the config recommended by Dark angel except for the MOBO. For mobo i have 2 options.

A mobo for 7 to 8K or Intel DH67 BL with Xonar DG. The only concern is the setup should drive a good 5.1 speakers.

Which one would you guys recommend?

^^ Get the Intel Dh67-BL + the ASUS Xonar DG, much better combo than any other motherboard for ~8000/- with onboard sound chip.

there is another space saver cabinet CM elite-360 which would serve your purpose and i would recommend FSP saga II 400W or seasonic S12II 430W over Corsair CX430 v2.

vip said:
there is another space saver cabinet CM elite-360 which would serve your purpose and i would recommend FSP saga II 400W or seasonic S12II 430W over Corsair CX430 v2.

The eLite 360 is cramped in my views, but still in this HTPC might just cut it, as there isn't a graphics card to fret about. Even the AMD low-end cards don't make much of a thermal dent, but just due to this cabinet OP might need to search for a SFF card, pushing up the costs.

The FSP Saga SMPSs' have a very short cable length issue in most models, so that gets disqualified, as for Seasonic, unfortunately Bangalore dealers don't stock it, Corsair is available, Cooler Master is abundant, have spotted the Antec in several shops, FSP / XFX all I've spied in certain nooks and crannies, but like it or not Seasonic still needs to be shipped from Bombay. So hard luck on that one, plus the CX V2 SMPS by Corsair has made quite a reputation for itself, here on TE.

Based on the needs of OP and config Elite-360 is one of the best suited cabinet.OP is not going to build a powerhouse so there is no point suggesting a large cabinet.if we consider intended use of PC i don't think OP would require a GPU but still it can accommodate a HD6670 like cards.

If u see the inside of CX V2 its build on a cheap CWT designed CKT. Hold time of CX V2 is also not upto ATX standards.FSP have a very short cable but for large cabinets not for normal sizes atx cabinets.I would prefer FSP over CX V2.

As for Seasonic availabilty is really a issue but one can buy it online.

If you want more multimedia capabilities try these

AMD A4 3400 APU with Radeon 6500 graphics (inside the processor ) - Dual Core CPU + power graphics - 3900rs

MSI A75MAG55 - 5600Rs

If you wish to add a gpu later on, you can do dual graphics crossfire with the processors graphics on (66x0 series of cards from AMD)

vip said:
If u see the inside of CX V2 its build on a cheap CWT designed CKT. Hold time of CX V2 is also not upto ATX standards.

Corsair Builder CX430 V2 430 W Review - Page 4/8 | techPowerUp

Corsair CX430 V2 Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Corsair CX430 V2 430W Power Supply Review | KitGuru

Corsair CX430 V2 430W Review

The soldering is... not as good as I've seen from CWT, which is in turn not as good in general as some other companies. It does the job, in the same way that Sloppy Howard on the sales floor does his job. He comes to work every day in sweat pants and ketchup stained T-shirts, but for some reason has the best sales record of everybody on staff.

Soldering quality on the main PCB is fairly good, especially for a PSU of this category/price.

The Corsair CX V2 430W is a well built piece. Far to good to be put down below the FSP Saga line-up in my views.

vip said:
Based on the needs of OP and config Elite-360 is one of the best suited cabinet.OP is not going to build a powerhouse so there is no point suggesting a large cabinet.if we consider intended use of PC i don't think OP would require a GPU but still it can accommodate a HD6670 like cards.....

I wont be adding a graphics card for sure. I would be adding Sound card . I prefer a smaller cabinet though.I have checked Elite 360 in youtube and i find it too good. I will google more on this.

Also let me check on dark stars AMD combo as well. Thanks a lot for your input guys.

:huh:Hello people,

Finally got my dabba yesterday. Below is the config i got.

i3 2100
DH67 BL
FST saga II 500W
CM elite 360
LG 22X DVD drive
Will be getting Edifier C2 in a day or two. Now someone tell me will using 500W SMPS spoils my rig by giving more power to the components.:ashamed::huh:

Now someone tell me will using 500W SMPS spoils my rig by giving more power to the components.

sheer stupidity

PSU only provide power required to run RIG.

Can u provide a inside pic of assembled rig?

vip said:
sheer stupidity

PSU only provide power required to run RIG.

Can u provide a inside pic of assembled rig?

You know you will get over enthusiastic when you get something new. I am in that mind now:p SO brain works little absurd.

I am in office now and can get the pic posted by evening. Let me know what exactly you looking for in the PC so that i can take pics that way.

Back