Config:
Proc: C2D E7200
Mobo: Abit IP35P
Ram: 2x1GB modules(Generic Kingston)
HDD: 250GB and 1TB (WD's)
GPU: Ati 4850
PSU: Corsair vx450

Problem:
It stopped Posting today. When i turn it on, all fans work fine, HDD's are moving, DVDrom's light blinks, both LED's on mobo are lighting, gpu fan is working.

But it is not making a beep sound and no POST.

I have tried individual RAM modules to see if its RAM. Did a CMOS reset. Also removed all peripherals, ram, hdd's, dvdrom. Still no POST.

Please help me on this issue.

Thanks

hey

i use2 have the same issue

i suggest u try with a different psu and then a different motherboard as it is possibly one of those two which have gone wrong

Do you get any beeps when you remove the video card and the RAM from their slots and turn on the system? If the system beeps, then the beep codes could be of help.

Thanks for the replies.

At the moment, i cant try the ram modules and PSU on any other PC.

@4nd3r50n

I tried running just Mobo and CPU on PSU. Everything else removed including RAM modules. No beeps.

I am suspecting Mobo, but since both LED's on mobo are lighting, all fans are working i am not quite sure, can the mobo be the culprit?

Is your PC booting?Are you able to log on to windows?If you are able to then,I think it's due to either overclocking or the case speaker is dead.By the way never buy those crappy built ABit motherboards,they are horrible.And upgrade your PSU if you wanna overclock.

Its not even showing bios. No POST. Only thing i can say is that the mobo is getting power and the fans and leds on mobo are working.

Do this,first switch off the power supply unit (there must be a switch on the back of the PSU) and then switch it on again after one or two minutes.

And after doing that press Insert key and keep holding it and press power button and release the insert if the Boot screen comes up.And immediately hit Del key and go to BIOS and load safe defaults.try this about 2 to 3 times if it does not boot.And report back for further help.

Ok.... I had similar issues a long time back with my Athlon 64 config. Somehow the PS was unable to supply power to the system and it used to hang all the lights on and fans running. Resetting the system would result in a no POST situation like yours. But this issue would resolve itself after sometime... I dunno how. After changing the PS, this was issue was resolved permanently. However, the PS was a local make and not a Corsair. I really can't doubt the Corsair here....so that only leaves the mobo. One last test would be to check another CPU on this mobo. If that works, then its your CPU otherwise its the mobo.

fahd123 if you don't respond properly and quickly,we can't help you out.The information provided by you are not up to the mark.I would say better show it to some professional near you.

@ameet, there is no boot, so pressing the keyboard keys is not going to get me to the BIOS.

I checked out the PSU with a digital multimeter. All voltages are correct. The gray wire also gives the right values(increasing from 0 to 5 when PSU starts)

So i am assuming the PSU is not the culprit.

Since even after running just CPU, Mobo on PSU, i hear no beeps. That leaves just the CPU and Motherboard. As removing rams or gfx would have given a beep loop, am i right? I did not get any beeps on running without RAMs.

Is there a way to check out which among the CPU and Motherboard is the culprit? The CPU is getting warm, does that mean its working?

Firstly you need to check if the motherboard speaker for giving out the beeps is connected \ working, many times you are looking for beeps but these are not working.

also I think the Abit IP35P has no onboard graphics, hence you need to have the graphics card connected.

Best thing to do would be to check your CPU and RAM on another motherboard to confirm if they are working

I had a similar issue 6 months back. Power ON would run the mobo LED and CPU fan, but the monitor will not get any input signal and there will be no beeps. I tried my CPU/RAM on my friends mobo and it worked fine. Turned out the mobo was the culprit in my case and had to replace it. In your case it must be one of RAM/PSU/MOBO. You will need to eliminate one by one by testing it out in another working system.

Also I think the Mobo needs RAM to boot and POST. Without RAM it might not POST. Even though you think PSU works, it is always better to test it out actually on another working system.

i think your bios has crashed or some faults with mobo but not completely dead. if it was completely dead then the fans and mobo light will not glow. cross-check the mobo in your friend's house.

Yes it was the motherboard. Some caps went kaput along with an IC. Got it repaired at Nehru Place today, damage: 350/-

I went there to buy a new mobo, but then thought of getting the mobo checked before buying new one.

I got it repaired from Maxcom Technologies, in Sidhartha Building. Just incase someone has a faulty mobo like mine can check with him.

Thanks everyone for troubleshooting.

These could have happened while you used the European power cord (which am not sure if it comes with the corsair or not).

How old is you motherboard?

Ameet148 said:
It's most probably your BIOS.Otherwise your mobo is dead.
I too am having the exact same problem with my PC. Can you please elaborate on the issue with BIOS? I believe this could be my problem as I have been having these issues after changing some BIOS settings after attaching SSD.

Thanks

Back