PC Peripherals PC Restarts abruptly

daryl_d

Disciple
Hi Guys,

Was unsure where to post this issue, but this seems to be an Hardware issue...when trying to boot, the OS is loaded only after 10 attempts due to continuous restarts (or sometimes more); even if i manage to get through, system would again restart without any intervention...:huh: :huh:

Now i don't suspect this be a issue with the HD. Any help on tracking and correcting would be greatly appreciated...

hi dude it can bea problem with ur heatsink ,does the PC restart only when u go to OS or even in the BIOS ,do this start the system go to BIOS and check whether it restarts ,if it restarts there also u need to change the heatsink with the shroud.Do post back what exactly is happening when u go to BIOS??

Thanks for your responses guys...

@ metalspree - While booting and entering the BIOS it restarted once and nothing hapenned while trying later. In BIOS, under PC Health Status, I see 2 CPU Fans of which one displays 0. My PC is ON 24*7 with the Max CPU Temperature on 60 and the current temp on 45.

@ nukeu666 - no bsod yet, will try this and see if it works though.

the problem might be with ur power n reset switches.

disconnect them and try starting pc by shorting power_switch pins on the board manually. refer board manual if nt sure where to locate them.

If the pc doesnot restart while ur in the bios, its gotta be an OS issue. Try the safe mode and if its stable there too, then u may need to repair or reinstall ur OS. If its restarting randomly including in the bios then it could be the power supply or a loose heatsink.U can also try removing/disconnecting external and internal components one by one to isolate the issue.

Hmm , if it was a OS problem , it would usually give you a error before it restarts , i would say its a Hardware Problem. Please state ur config , so we may be able to guide you better.

Hey guys, thanks a million for your responses. the problem was actually with the power as mentioned by you all. Finally got it fixed.

Back