PC upgrade ( FINALLY )

Sackboy

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

30k-50k

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

CPU- Core 2 Quad Q6600
RAM - 4 GB DDR2
GPU - 8600 GTS Super +
KB - Logitech K200
Mouse - Some shitty OEM microsoft mouse
Monitor - View sonic vx2235wm ( i think , its 22 inch and 1680x1050 )

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

KB - Logitech K200
Mouse - Some shitty OEM microsoft mouse
Monitor - View sonic vx2235wm ( i think , its 22 inch and 1680x1050 )

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - Intel i5 2400
Motherboard - Intel DH67BL
GPU - ATI 6850 or better
RAM - 8GB DDR3 ( MUST )

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Final if possible

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Nehru Place

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Rendering

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

None

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Battlefield 3
Witcher 2
Any settings that work

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1680x1050

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit
-------------------------------------------

Now that the template is over , I have some good news ...

I ALREADY HAVE A 1 TB HDD :clap:

I dunno why i bought but i just did at the spur of the moment , thank god i did

Also as i have noticed the prices have gone up , is it worth the wait ?
ALSO any IVG guys would recognize me as the guy who lurks in PC ask the experts thread and Gaming PC configuration thread and boy am i glad to say , its FINALLY my turn :eek:hyeah:

CPU - Intel i5 2400-10.2k

Mobo-Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6k

GPU - Msi cyclone oc hd6850/sapphire Hd6850-9.5k or get MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti-14k for better graphics and eyecandy.

RAM -Gskill ripjaws X 4gbX2 1600mhz-3.3k or CORSAIR Vengeance (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) 4GB X 2 1600MHZ-3.5k

HDD-It would be better if you wait for the hdd prices to cool off,since you have the 1tb hdd.

Psu-seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k

Case-Nzxt gamma-2.1k/corsair Carbide 400r-5k

Win 7 home basic-5.6k

Hope this helps.:)

That is perfect , exactly what I needed and exactly what I had made before this myself except I had put a corsair VX450 ...

Will I get the same prices on SMC ? as whenever I have gone to SMC they give me a higher price than that mentioned everywhere else . Any other Nehru place shop I can check out ?

I just remembered that I have a steelseries Ikari and Qck+ lying around unsed :clap: time to put it to good use B)

Repped thanks

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

One more thing this will stay in the office so I don't want a stylish cabinet , was looking at. The cooler master elite series , NZXT Gamma looks great but where Would I get it in nehru place

^^

Few changes to the overall configuration by gatekeeper Sir --

For better fram rates, get the AMD HD 6950 1GB ~ 15500/- [AMD cards are better at higher resolutions -- AnandTech - Bench - GPU11] OR if you are up for a bit of adventure get the Sapphire AMD HD 6950 2GB ~ 18000/- [try to flash the BIOS and unlock into a HD 6970], although this is subject to your luck -- Unlocking The AMD Radeon HD 6950 to 6970 - BIOS Flash Mod Guide - AMD Radeon HD 6950 to HD 6970 Modification - Legit Reviews
Non flashy cabinet, go for the Cooler Master eLite 430 [although be ready for cable routing issues] ~ 2700/-
Get the Corsair TX V2 650W ~ 5200/- OR Corsair VX 550W ~ 4500/-
No need to spend extra on Vengance OR RIPJAWS X RAM kits, you are just fine with RIPJAWS Sniper low-power RAM modules -- AnandTech - Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3, a review for the same -- http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/gskill-sniper-f3-12800cl9d-8gbsr2-2x4gb-196736.html.

Hope this helps, Sire. Cheers for the new RIG!!

A 6959 might nerf budget don't you think ?

And considering that I will be getting a new rig in march 2013 , for 1 year a 6870/560 will do my job ?

Also are you sure I can get these prices at nehru place ? I have had problems with smc before , they always quote a higher price ...

Also you guys forgot DVD drive :p

Also repped you saar

Why can't I rep you ? It shows spread some reputation around before giving it to ALPHA17 again ..

Get a HIS 6870 ICEQ Turbo at 11.2K from Flipkart... It performs close to 6950 and reviews suggest that its the best 6870 out there... It will serve you till 2013 no doubt and is almost 4K less than 6950

PS: You have to give some other person a rep coz Alpha might be the one who has got a rep from you last time.

If you're looking to buy a HIS card, buy directly from Purnamtech here in the Dealer's Paradise section. They're the distributors of HIS.

@Alpha17, I don't think it's possible to unlock the 6950 to a 6970 on newer cards. That was only on the reference boards iirc

Sent from my MAtrix using T'talk Pro

As I said before , I'll buy it from Nehru place in one go , so no Vendors section or FK ..

Which shop should I buy it from in NP ? Help ?

^^ I think get a standard MSi GTX 560 [not a GTX 560 Ti mind you], here is a review -- The Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Review: Take Off Your Ti : Meet The GeForce GTX 560, should set you back by around ~ 12500/- tops.

Overall the HD 6870 performance tapers of sharply at HD resolutions, something which the GF104 core handles spectacularly for nVidia.

For the cabinet I'm sorry you've no choice apart from the Cooler Master eLite 430 ~ 2700/-.

And if you end up purchasing a HD 6870 / GTX 560 a decent 550W SMPS will do fine for you but avoid Cooler Master GX series at all costs, the ripple on them is very bad and sporadic also the caps used are of poorer quality, might end up frying your components -- Cooler Master GX 550W - jonnyGURU Forums / http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-GX-750-W-Power-Supply-Review/917/10, do read the conclusion.

Hope this helps.

thegatekeeper said:
CPU - Intel i5 2400-10.2k

Mobo-Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6k

GPU - Msi cyclone oc hd6850/sapphire Hd6850-9.5k or get MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti-14k for better graphics and eyecandy.

RAM -Gskill ripjaws X 4gbX2 1600mhz-3.3k or CORSAIR Vengeance (CML8GX3M2A1600C9B) 4GB X 2 1600MHZ-3.5k

HDD-It would be better if you wait for the hdd prices to cool off,since you have the 1tb hdd.

Psu-seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k

Case-Nzxt gamma-2.1k/corsair Carbide 400r-5k

Win 7 home basic-5.6k

Hope this helps.:)

I have the exact same configuration except the RAM. I bought Corsair 1333 MHz RAM because I did not know that the motherboard supports 1600MHz Ram.

Back