Pen tablet for my sister

sanjeevram

Up! Up! Up!
Adept
Looking to buy a pen input tablet for my sister as a gift for Raksha Bandhan.
She's a beginner so suggest accordingly, would love something which works with Adobe photoshop and Illustrator.
She usually does pencil sketches, will be new to software based designing
Budget is 5-6k, Can go higher if its good and future proof enough.

In exactly the same boat, except my sister is into water painting but wants to try out digital art. Any suggestions will be appreciated. There's a lot of choices in the market from Wacom to XP-Pen etc, would appreciate if some artist could give inputs regarding the same :)

Looking to buy a pen input tablet for my sister as a gift for Raksha Bandhan.
She's a beginner so suggest accordingly, would love something which works with Adobe photoshop and Illustrator.
She usually does pencil sketches, will be new to software based designing
Budget is 5-6k, Can go higher if its good and future proof enough.
transition from traditional to digital should not take much time.

the one brand we have in this category is Wacom. ( there are few cheap chinees/re-branded Indian but you have to throw them out within a year).

Particularly - check Wacom One, priced 6-6.5k, go for medium size ( large will be little difficult for day to day use, and small is painful).
This should last really long and would be great start... has 2048 level pressure sensitivity.
levels 512 is great for using with PS. ( illustrator is vector based so pressure sensitivity is irrelevant).
higher pressure sensitivity is marketing gimmick, unless one is planing to do some real out of the world paintings - for that corel painter is needed.

@TheCoolerPlayer

Last edited:
Would recommend

Bought this for the Mrs; for her classes. Tried with Photoshop as well and found it responsive. This is 11x7 inch with large drawing area. Price too has come down to 6500 ( bought at 10k)

transition from traditional to digital should not take much time.

the one brand we have in this category is Wacom. ( there are few cheap chinees/re-branded Indian but you have to throw them out within a year).

Particularly - check Wacom One, priced 6-6.5k, go for medium size ( large will be little difficult to day to day use, and small is painful).
This should last really long and would be great start... has 2048 level pressure sensitivity.
levels 512 is great for using with PS. ( illustrator is vector based so pressure sensitivity is irrelevant).
higher pressure sensitivity is marketing gimmick, unless one is planing to do some real out of the world paintings - for that corel painter is needed.

@TheCoolerPlayer
this one ?

Back