Planning to switch from Airtel to MTNL in south delhi? Your views?

Hey,

So im thinking of shifting from Airtel to MTNL broadband. primarily because of two reasons:-
1. Airtel is really slow in my area whereas i can get a 512kbps mtnl connection. I believe my airtel connection is 256.

2. MTNL plan is cheaper by 200 ruppes per month and also i already have an mtnl line so i could save the rent of that aswell.
So what do you think is it worth changing over? also i plan to add the broadband to it via a linksys wag120n (to buy probably from ebay). What are your reviews/views on this router?

Thanks a lot guys!

service of MTNL differs area wise, i have two connections at home one of them is MTNL, been using for two years ,have had good experience with it so far..down times were like max a day every two/three months, complains were rectified on time..it more or less depends on the lines man in your area.

well the only hitch stopping me right now was the service. iv got mtnl at my office and we get excellent service there (maybe cause we pay the guy like 50bucks everytime he rectifies a problem ;) ) but yeah i should find out from my friends about the service around my house! lets c .. anyone using it in gk?

MTLN though vfm is a gamble! If u get good stable connection for the first 2-3 months i'd say go with MTNL. If the experience is bad you can always get back to airtel, they can give you landline connection for Rs. 91 per month so that your line remains active till you test MTNL connection FTW!

The service in south delhi ( at least near SDA ) is quite crap. Speeds are decent, but not worth the hassle with MTNL.

I would recommend Reliance instead!

Rockfella said:
MTLN though vfm is a gamble! If u get good stable connection for the first 2-3 months i'd say go with MTNL. If the experience is bad you can always get back to airtel, they can give you landline connection for Rs. 91 per month so that your line remains active till you test MTNL connection FTW!
Is this Rs 91 plan incoming only, i have a airtel landline which i am not using, can i shift to this plan?

Definitely go in for MTNL. I am also in South Delhi << Kalkaji >> The reason why there are problems lately is because lines have been dug up owing to the CWG. They're working on fixing it. Should be fine soon. Before this , i havent had a single problem for the past 2 yrs.

well i guess il go mtnl itself.. being as happy as i am with it at office and also since others are recommending it. Also in the meanwhile il try to tell the airtel guys to transfer me to the 91 plan if possible!

If You call aritel and tell them You are going to cancel they will offer you a package which will cost you 250 per month including phone rent. speed will be 256 kbps and you can use it for 20 or 30 hours per month. This way if MTNL is bad and you decide to switch back you need not pay installation fee again.

A bit offtopic but many braodband dealers offer cashback offer wherby installtion charges and one off payment is returned to you in small parts every month.

Back