Please sign this petition.

tejo

Disciple
This is one petition you must sign if you are an animal lover, it takes only 1 minute please sign it.
Humane Treatment for Ahmedabad's Street Dogs

Videos of what this is all about

Even if you normally don't sign petitions please don't ignore this one. Here's the background:

I had sent an email in April about the barbaric and illegal way in which the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation in India catches and disposes of street dogs. I also mentioned the action taken against them by the Animal Welfare Boad of India. Please scroll down to see the earlier mail and watch this video to see exactly what goes on in that city YouTube - Dog Catcher at Ahmedabad Reservation Counter The Board's intervention was due to the efforts of Lisa Warden, a Canadian animal lover who has been living in India for the past two years. Some of you may be familiar with Lisa from my Indian Pariah Dog Club blog. She is an INDog owner and sincere animal lover. Lisa has been trying for months to promote the street dog spay-neuter and anti-rabies vaccination programme that is the Government of India's official dog control policy. I know her personally and I deeply admire her guts and single-minded dedication to this cause. The fact that she is a foreign national has made the task especially difficult for her but she has never given up.

We had expected the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation to follow government laws and directives, but they have persisted in their illegal policy of dog-catching with the horrific banned tongs and dumping the dogs outside the city. Most of the dogs die. Perhaps the commissioners believe themselves to be all-powerful despots with no obligation to follow the laws of this land. Not only have they flouted animal control and cruelty laws, they are now viciously targeting Lisa for exposing their barbarism and opposing their illegal actions. Lisa has been unjustly charged with extortion, theft, misleading the public, obstructing public servants and has been slapped with a US $2 million defamation suit. She faces ten years' rigorous imprisonment if convicted. A prison sentence for supporting India's laws - what an irony and what a disgrace for this country.

It would be of great help to her, and to the city's dogs, if you would sign the online petition created by her supporters.
Humane Treatment for Ahmedabad's Street Dogs Petition The apathy of citizens has led to the despotic and rogue behaviour of the municipal corporation. Strong public opinion is the only way to change such situations. Let's show them they can't get away with it! Please add your signature and circulate it to your friends.

Thanks for your support!

Best wishes,
Rajashree

Rahulrulez said:
actually, one thing. Will this really help? What will they do by signed petitions?
Well i've shot a mail to Rajashree asking the same, she has done a lot for animals in India, lets see what she says.

What the HECK is this. Are they crazy. Ok, street dogs might be a menace, but is this the way. Bad, really bad. Which idiots brain child was this.

I cant even type right now.. im seething with anger... i want the same treatment to be be given to these people and their family's when they come to hospital.

Someone do this planet a favor and hang these people... lighten the load on this planet. They are a waste of air!!

holy f****** as*****s.

Forget abt this petition....tell me that fellows address...i will go and do the same thing to him and upload to youtube...OMG how can anyone treat a dog like tht? I almost cried for tht poor dog :(

I wish i was thr at tht place....i would've killed tht fellow more cruelly...

Wat kind of country is this? :(

Back