Laptops Possible price drop for Dell Studio ??

gkay09

Disciple
The US Dell has slashed the prices of the Studio series very recently...So can we expect to see a price cut/ better components for the same price any time soon??? :huh:

Just purchased a Studio 15 for a friend of mine on yesterday. And today the higher end model with the 8600 processor is no more available!! WTF happened?

Last week when I called up Dell for the Dell Studio 15, the salesgirl advised me to wait for a day. She expected some kind of price cut, said price cuts usually happen on Tuesday. I guess this was what she was talking about.

She did not say that there was going to be a price cut in so many words. I had called her on a Monday. She called me in the afternoon, to tell me that she'll give me a call the next day since there may be a price reduction as price reductions happen on Tuesday. I have called Dell earlier, this is the first time someone asked me to wait. And price cuts don't happen every week either. So, I guessed that she expected a price cut the next day. It could well have been based on the price cut in the US, so it might be best to not read too much into it.

hii guys..I had called dell representative...he said that prices might increase after 15th since they r giving some promotional offer of 4% off (ie NO VAT) till 15th only....Me n my friends wanted to buy 4 dell studio 15(basic model)...we got a quote of 42800 with free laser mouse n EP630......Can i get any better price? Please let me know if prices r really coming down...or r they going up?

You can get 5% off if you are a student or work for one of companies that they give discounts to (it's a long list btw). You can get an additional 3% off if you take the 3 year complete cover (the price diff between 1 yr std and 3 yr complete cover was working out close to 7k for me after the additional 3% discount.

my friend just bought dell studio 15 with Coreâ„¢ 2 Duo Processor P8600 + 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 in 48 K

pepps3484 said:
my friend just bought dell studio 15 with Coreâ„¢ 2 Duo Processor P8600 + 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 + Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 in 48 K

That is cool...how did he manage to get such a god price>???

I called them yesterday and the sales person quoted 45K for Inspiron P8600 / 4GB/ 320 GB. They are only reducing the VAT and they claim that they gave 5K discount.

Before 2 weeks, I got a quotation for Studio 15 - T6500 + 4GB + 500GB + 512 ATI + Link 5100 + Belkin Back pack for ~47K
So it might have reduced now ???

Back