Hi everyone,
Here's the system I just built, first one:

AMD x2 5200
Zotac Geforce 8200 motherboard
1 Hitachi 250 GB HDD
2 Gig memory
LG DVD-RW
WIN XP 64 bit / service pack 2, OEM

I put it all together. I set-up the BIOS to configure the HDDs. I boot from the Win XP CD next and it runs a while, formats the
HDDs, everything seems
to be going well.

Then, after the formatting, it comes back with:

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware
configuration problem.
Could not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path & disk
hardware...
Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information"..

please help me in resolving the issue.. is anything required to be changed in the bios setting or raid configurations I am at loss as I dont know how to fix this problem.I have checked my hardware and its alright.and installing the OS has become a real piss off for me..Please suggest me what to do :huh::sos::crutch:

Here's what I found through simple googling

To resolve this issue:

1. Start your computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.

2. When Press R to repair Windows by using the Recovery Console appears, press R.

3. Select the Windows installation and enter the administrator password at the prompt.

4. Type "bootcfg /add" and press Enter.

5. When a missing Windows Installation is located, respond Y to add the installation to the boot list.

6. At Enter Load Identifier, type Windows XP Professional

(or Home Edition).

7. At Enter Operating System Load Options:, press Enter.

8. Exit the Recovery Console and select the first item on the boot menu.

9. After you log on, edit C:\Boot.ini to remove the improper entry.

NOTE: A typical C:\Boot.ini file contains:

[boot loader]

timeout=7

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S

[operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

Error message: "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

http://www.xp-professional-recovery....ecovery-3.html

i prefer the 64 bit OS bcoz my CPU is also a AMD X2 which supports 64-bit processing as such it would optimise performance...correct me if i m wrong..

and regarding 2GB ram..i would be upgrading it very soon to a total of 4 GB..

my mobo is zotac geforce 8200..can you help me in suggesting why ther is a glitch in installing the OS..

Back