OC & Modding Project Kraken : Water Cooled Monstrosity (Worklog)

Damn, nice pictures. Looks guru3'desh...! This thread should be moved to OC and Modding. Let me know, if you want that, I can ask a mod to do it.

@asingh Hmm I was thinking of creating a dedicated work log with an index to show the build making it easier for others to navigate and see the build in phases.. What do you say ?

Last edited by a moderator:
asingh Hmm I was thinking of creating a dedicated work log with an index to show the build making it easier for others to navigate and see the build in phases.. What do you say ?

You can. It would be nice in Modding, and OC. Cause that is what it is. You can update the work log. This thread can be transferred there.

You can. It would be nice in Modding, and OC. Cause that is what it is. You can update the work log. This thread can be transferred there.

Ok fine you can get it transferred there... I will modify the content to a worklog

Can the title be changed to
Project Kraken : Water Cooled Monsterosity (Worklog)
or can I change it myself ?

Ok fine you can get it transferred there... I will modify the content to a worklog

Can the title be changed to
Project Kraken : Water Cooled Monsterosity (Worklog)
or can I change it myself ?

Sent in the request, the title should be changed too, once the transfer happens. :)

Modification in plan: Going for a single loop with a dual top for 2 pumps to have redundancy rather than dual loops

Now have to find a good dual top.

680 GTX Gpu water block search is on. Might go for a XSPC 680 Water block as its simple and works well...

I suggest only one change in this monstrosity.

would you get bigger SSD.

I started with 64 gb samsung 830 in my latitude laptop along with 500 gb storage drive.its just 20 gb empty.
now I am already having itch to upgrade to 120gb intel 520 which is sitting in my cupboard.

I am routine user with no games installed at all.

So suggest bigger SSD.

Well no ssd upgrade plans for now... Maybe another 128 for raid 0 but that would mean 128 gb only... I don't intend to have ssd filled up with too much stuff... Only programs which I use ... And I know I won't exceed 128 gb. I finish games and uninstall

Well no ssd upgrade plans for now... Maybe another 128 for raid 0 but that would mean 128 gb only... I don't intend to have ssd filled up with too much stuff... Only programs which I use ... And I know I won't exceed 128 gb. I finish games and uninstall
Read somewhere that raid0 for ssd has little/no benefit but its upto you.

XSPC 680 Water block as its simple and works well...

Yeah even I am thinking of this as EVGA is next to impossible to find in stock.
My only concern is that I don't want a stock card when the likes of Hydro Copper and DCu2 TOP editions being out there.
So still keepingmy fingers crossed to find a HC, still not even available on teh EVGA US store. :(

Good luck with the build, but why do you really need a test bench??

Yeah even I am thinking of this as EVGA is next to impossible to find in stock.
My only concern is that I don't want a stock card when the likes of Hydro Copper and DCu2 TOP editions being out there.
So still keepingmy fingers crossed to find a HC, still not even available on teh EVGA US store. :(

Good luck with the build, but why do you really need a test bench??

About the 680 water block I want a generic one .. Might go for heat killer ones as it has a sexy backplate..

Test bench as I will be modding the case a bit and wanted to test out the hardware... It's a major hassle to fix and take out for me ... Have to run prime and some benches to check stability...

Back