Projector Customs Duty Question

I have bought a DLP projector in United States Optoma HD66 for roughly 600 USD and would be bringing it with me to India. My question is what is the duty that I will be charged over the 25000 Rs free allowance. For e.g. if the total value of goods that I am carrying is 35,000 Rs, than how much duty do I pay?
I am getting two answers, one is that 10,000 Rs is dutiable goods over the free allowance. On Mumbai customs site it says remaining goods would be charged at 35.7% and on Jet Airways website its stating 60%. I will be coming to Delhi but need your opinion on this.

25k is the limit for duty exemption, beyond that whatever the amount is you will need to pay duty if they catch you in customs. Otherwise if they don't stop you, you can go through green channel.

No one is gonna ask .I got stuff more than 50K this time from NZ.Customs mark ur bags with chalk just clean them when u pick the baggage after arrival.

I am reading the airlines website is stating 60% duty over 25k and govt website stating 35.7% duty over 25k. I am confused?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Can I carry a projector in carry on luggage? I need to know the answer guys caz I need to know if they stop me whats the duty percentatge.

duty percentage will be around 37% on the balance cost after deducting 25k . I think metalspree has already given you good inputs to work on in his post.

Back