Car & Bike Pulsar 180 or Pulsar 200?

booo said:
I had a P180 classic 2 years ago and currently I ride p200. I can say that pulsars are harsh. but that doesnt mean that the engines are bad. they accelerate like mad.

P200 has electric start problem but its only one small glitch. newer pulsars (read p200) are smooth compared to classics but still harsh compared to zma and unicorn.

PS: completed 1600km in 24hours on my P200. full throttle for 24 hours. that speaks of the engine quality.

Exactly.

The newer pulsars are smoother than the older ones, but they are still not in the league of the Hondas.

If refinement is a very big thing, then go for the Hondas !!

Nikhil said:
Exactly.

The newer pulsars are smoother than the older ones, but they are still not in the league of the Hondas.

If refinement is a very big thing, then go for the Hondas !!

One more thing... if you are riding the pulsars at around 6K rpm(read P200 at82kmph in 5th gear) its as smooth (and silent) as a zma. it growls only if you push it to the red line. if you ride very fast on the highway, the sound makes people turn around.

people call it heating problem but p200 runs hotter that zma and thus requires 20w50 (compared to 20w40 on zma). and oils in the league of castrol dont last more than 1500km(service interval is 2500). but I ran the bike on Motul synthetic 15w50 and the bike ran awesome for 6000 Km. so if you maintain decent oil change intervals, the engine runs smoother and great.

cyrux said:
How did you do that ? Had company ?
me on 200 and sumit on zma. (check xbhp)

booo said:
One more thing... if you are riding the pulsars at around 6K rpm(read P200 at82kmph in 5th gear) its as smooth (and silent) as a zma. it growls only if you push it to the red line. if you ride very fast on the highway, the sound makes people turn around.

people call it heating problem but p200 runs hotter that zma and thus requires 20w50 (compared to 20w40 on zma). and oils in the league of castrol dont last more than 1500km(service interval is 2500). but I ran the bike on Motul synthetic 15w50 and the bike ran awesome for 6000 Km. so if you maintain decent oil change intervals, the engine runs smoother and great.
me on 200 and sumit on zma. (check xbhp)

Man...i really envy u!!!!!:) , the last time i did a long run was in 2003!!!!500kms in 7hrs flat on the NH4 on my trusty old pulsar 150; (its a fist lot model- nov. 2001), ya bajaj build quality is really really bad, but with gud maintainance it does ride gud!!!!kept mine real nice and it looks and works like a charm/(requires a major works of at least 5k per annum); ya but it gets lost in the commonness of the pulsars..........:no:

pulsar is damn good bike .. bro has 200 cc .. i have classic one 150cc.. the 200 one has amazing pickup .. so much that person sitting on the back seat can fall down backwards easily cos of that seat arrangement which i did not find safe at all .. i think we need a bike which can do 90-100 easily .. above 100 is useless as roads and traffic does not allow it most of the time and not safe to do it ..upto 100 is ok though,,,

Stay away from Bajaj ! Once a Bajaj Never a Bajaj the 200/220 is NOT an Exception!

the gears are stiff and hard :p yea its fast but thats about it.. It doesnt handle well. 5 years down the line everything has to be replaced. Silencer, fuel tank starts to leak and what not :rofl:

I have pulsar 150 (old one) since last 7 years...and believe me the bike has never let me down. There was nobody on rodes on 150CC that could beat me when it comes to acceleration and TOP SPEED!

Maintaining the bike is easy..just needs a servicing every month (or second month) and oil change...!!

It has a sound which no new pulsar has.....let alone other bikes.

SO I SAY GO FOR PULSAR!!!

Sandy said:
Stay away from Bajaj ! Once a Bajaj Never a Bajaj the 200/220 is NOT an Exception!

the gears are stiff and hard :p yea its fast but thats about it.. It doesnt handle well. 5 years down the line everything has to be replaced. Silencer, fuel tank starts to leak and what not :rofl:

Lol.... It doesnt handle well ? It may not handle as well as an Apache or something, but the difference cant be seen on normal roads or even twisty roads. It can be seen only on a track.

Ask Masky. We came down Chamundi Hills at high speed and there was absolutely no difference in the handling of my bike and his.

And nothing starts to leak if you maintain it well.

Sandy said:

now, who says pulsars dont handle well???
ieo22r.jpg

yogi7272 said:
p180 ..will do .. bro has 200 cc one ..man that split seat is not comfortable at all for pillion rider ..i found it seriously dangerous ..pillion can fall back cos of that pickup bike offers . .. the long singel piece seat on 180 is what is preferred ..

Yogi ,

The Back Seat Is Meant to Be Used By WoXXX or GirXX To Be Used so That they Could tightly Hold the Driver of the Bike :rofl: .This Only Applies To the People Who Actually Have One though :p

Sandy said:
5 years down the line everything has to be replaced. Silencer, fuel tank starts to leak and what not :rofl:
so true!!!!have already replace the tank, silencer and the clutchplate assmbly!!!! tht too after regular serviing!!!!!:no: , thts why i said, it needs 5k only to maintain the bike per annum!!!!:S , but anyways its a gr8 bike to own anyday!!!!:hap2: , now let me go, the bikes rear shocks need replacement!!!!:mad:

Yogi ,

The Back Seat Is Meant to Be Used By WoXXX or GirXX To Be Used so That they Could tightly Hold the Driver of the Bike :rofl: .This Only Applies To the People Who Actually Have One though :p

that bike belongs to my bro :p .. and abt girls .. dude, it is pretty unsafe ..girls or not does not matter ..:bleh: anyways pulsar 200 is very good bike though .. my bro is rough handler .. hell, he has not even surviced the bike for the first time even after 2500kms ..

yogi7272 said:
that bike belongs to my bro :p .. and abt girls .. dude, it is pretty unsafe ..girls or not does not matter ..:bleh: anyways pulsar 200 is very good bike though .. my bro is rough handler .. hell, he has not even surviced the bike for the first time even after 2500kms ..

no service for 2500 kms???????

bro get ready for huge repairs .
engine oil leaking , overheating , spark plug timings , all can can go bad

in top of that , u will start to get poor mileages (which is going to negate ur money saved by not getting it serviced by huge margin)

main_trouble said:
no service for 2500 kms???????

bro get ready for huge repairs .
engine oil leaking , overheating , spark plug timings , all can can go bad

in top of that , u will start to get poor mileages (which is going to negate ur money saved by not getting it serviced by huge margin)

Lol ! I ran my bike 3000KM before giving it for a service :p only thing that went bad was the speedo thanks to some off roading and a biiiiggg biggggg haath who sat with me during this.. Other than that the bike did fine.
but after all the offroading and 3000KM of no service the chain came off after a few days :rofl:

I own the P180 and have not problems with it at all. I knwo the p200 is more powerful and looks better but bro p180 for me is proven technology. It's just a bigger engine of the p150 which is a hit. While p200 is a different technology with oil cooled and other stuff which i have also heard people complained about or if they are lucky everthing worked out well and are happy. Make your own decision

I rode a friend's Pulsar 200 yesterday and it wasnt that different from my 180. There is an insane amount of low down torque and the seating position is FANTASTIC !!

But when it comes to pure performance not much to choose...

The 200 felt very harsh. My 180 is in bad shape right now but the 200 felt even worse.

My friend who owns the 200 rode my 180 which has a K&N air filter and said my bike is better and he enjoyed riding my bike more !!

Go figure !! :rofl:

Thanx Nikhil, those comments certainly help.

My mind is almost set on the 180 but whenever there's a 200 in sight, my heart says.."Damn! this one looks killer, why not this!"

The Alchemist said:

My mind is almost set on the 180 but whenever there's a 200 in sight, my heart says.."Damn! this one looks killer, why not this!"

Then go for it !! In the end, your heart should rule. If there are any problems, that is part and parcel of owning that bike. Just enjoy every moment !!

:) Thumbs up to the above comment...buy the one that your heart wants...After all it is a huge investment...The 200 ain't that bad...

p.s The blue and black color looks cool :hap2:

The Alchemist said:

dude!!!!plz do go for the 200!!!!u r never gonna regret it!!!!!! i still think a thousand times ...if only i had brought a 180 whn i bought my 150!!!!!!:p

Back