Query regarding D-Link DSL 2750 and 2730U models

thegame

Adept
Hi all,

Currently using a wired BSNL broadband connection with my MT882 modem and am planning to go wireless.. Initially i was planning to go for a router alone but since the modem is more than 3yrs old and not sure when it will die, have decided to go for a modem+router.

Also planning to switch to Airtel in the future as i am quite impressed with their Rs.1699 plan -- 4Mbps till 75GB and 256 kbps later.. me currently on Rs.600 combo where its 2.5GB limit and 250 calls and I easily have excess usage of 6-7GB each month and pay a bill of 1400-1500..

After reading some reviews mainly in Flipkart i am planning to get the D-Link brand and am thinking of either the 2730 and 2750, would like to know whether 2750 has better range than the 2730 i.e. Wireless N300 > Wireless N150 (sorry for the noob question :confused1:) interms of range and signal strength as i am not concerned about the speed as I will be going with 2 or 4 mbps only from my ISP

So which one should I go for - 2750 or 2730 for the below 2 conditions..
1. Better range and signal strength for the same conditions i.e. distance of the devices from the modem, no of walls in between etc..
2. For use with Airtel connection

D-Link DSL 2750
http://www.flipkart.com/d-link-dsl-...DQ--&ref=c8ee236c-a3e4-4c3a-9738-c2ea1a24b866

D-Link DSL 2730
http://www.flipkart.com/d-link-dsl-...DQ--&ref=c8ee236c-a3e4-4c3a-9738-c2ea1a24b866

2730 is 150mbps and 2750 is 300 mbps so theoretically it's better and yes in practical too, apart from that 2750 has USB port

thanks Metalspree :) for your feedback..

thanks dinjo :) for your comment, yes saw that 2730 is a 150mbps and 2750 a 300 one and also has a USB port but wanted to know whether 2750 has better range and signal strength just because its a 300mbps one (no idea about it :))

guess I will be mostly getting the 2750u, checked with my local shop and he said its Rs. 2700 and Rs. 2200 for the 2730u..

after checking multiple sites like flipkart, koovs, snapdeal, indiaplaza etc.. i find the lowest in Letsbuy :)) interesting) and Shopclues. Please let me know if you guys are aware of any other site or Ebay coupons..

Letsbuy -- Rs. 2399
Buy D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-port Ethernet Router with USB (DSL-2750U) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Shopclues -- Rs. 2338 (after applying 100Rs coupon)
D-Link Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-port Ethernet Router with USB (DSL-2750U)

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

2750 does has better range

thanks mate :)

Get it from LetsBuy and ask them which software version the router has V1 or V2

oh.. what's the diff between v1 and v2? and if its v1, i hope it can be flashed to the latest available firmware or is it tough? also checking out ebay..

also i hope you meant the firmware version right when u referred to v1,v2.. just checked D-Link site and the latest firmware version is
Firmware Type Version: IN_1.10
Date: 8/23/2011

http://www.dlink.co.in/products/?pid=452

Hey guys, i'm planning to buy this particular modem (D-LINK 2750 U). I've got a quote of Rs. 2300 in local market. So, should i purchase this or look for any other option.
Was planning to buy ASUS DSL-N10 but i've heard that it gets heat up a lot.
So, should i go with D-LINK or any other option. Budget around Rs. 2500.

Intended to use the modem with MNTL internet and i need a good range router which can cover 3 floors (~450 sqft per floor.) My neighbor is using Linksys(some old wifi-g based) modem and it has a good range,covers 3 floors easily and its even connectable from my home also.

And i'm confused about warranty of D-link, some says its 1 year, some says its 3 years. No information about warranty is given on official site.
Can anyone clear this point ?

Hey guys, i'm planning to buy this particular modem (D-LINK 2750 U). I've got a quote of Rs. 2300 in local market. So, should i purchase this or look for any other option.
Was planning to buy ASUS DSL-N10 but i've heard that it gets heat up a lot.
So, should i go with D-LINK or any other option. Budget around Rs. 2500.

Intended to use the modem with MNTL internet and i need a good range router which can cover 3 floors (~450 sqft per floor.) My neighbor is using Linksys(some old wifi-g based) modem and it has a good range,covers 3 floors easily and its even connectable from my home also.

And i'm confused about warranty of D-link, some says its 1 year, some says its 3 years. No information about warranty is given on official site.
Can anyone clear this point ?

have ordered 2750u from ShopClues.com yesterday and should be getting it by next week for sure, will let you know about the warranty once i receive the product..

So, finally went to the market and purchased D-Link 2750U :) . Dealer said it comes with 1 year warranty.
Will post about its range and other features tomorrow after testing the modem.

Damages were Rs. 2250/- purchased in Delhi.

The modem is really good. No serious heating issues like Asus DSL-N10.
I compared it with my old MTNL HG510 modem and found it running a bit cooler than it.
Wifi range is pretty good. Got coverage on all 3 floors and on terrace. I dont have any WiFi phone right now with me so that i can test its coverage outside the home but will check that tomorrow.
WiFi turn On/Off button is very handy. It turns off the Wireless features of the modem/router in a press of a button and I found it very useful.

WPS button on the modem is a good feature in case you want to quickly connect any WiFi device without typing any long password. Just scan for the router on the WiFi enabled device, select the access point and then hit the WPS button on the modem. And its connected. (another handy feature.)
You have to Enable the WPS from the Modem's setting page to utilize this feature.

Setting up the router was a bit complicated for me as i was used to the easy setup facility provided by the MTNL modem and also the Linksys one.
But got that running within 15-20 minutes of messing with it and setting up the WiFi security.

I cant get the USB port on the Modem work in Windows 7 though it works perfectly in Windows XP.
Plugged in a NTFS formatted pen drive (8GB) in the USB slot provided in Modem and I was able to transfer files.It support NTFS and FAT32 support out of the box but only in Windows XP. (Yet to test it with a bigger portable hard drive. But it think it will work.)

Hope #dinjo and #Metalspree will add their valuable comments on how to get USB drives working with it in Windows 7.

And what is this "WPA-Enterprise" in the wireless security.Is it better than WPA2-Personal. Right now i'm running it with WPA-Personal (WPA2 Only) with AES encryption.

EDIT : The USB feature work well on Windows 7 also. Tested it now on a Win7 laptop and its working fine. There's some problem in my desktop's Windows 7. Its also causing some trouble in access Shared folders of the connected devices. Outgoing connections are causing trouble.
Any solution for this ?? (apart from reinstalling OS again.)

manu1991, from Janakpuri District Centre Computer market (in West Delhi) opposite Satyam. Almost every shop over there who stocks D-Link will give you the same price.
I think you will get this same price(might get 2200/-) in Nehru Place also.

Today got my 2750u from ShopClues (Rs. 2348). Ordered it on May24 night and after some initial courier hiccups got the product today noon. The installation was so easy and was able to connect to my BSNL broadband in few mins, just followed the instructions as mentioned in the SetUp Wizard CD :)

The Wifi signal strength is really good, was able to get good signal strength in my O2x after crossing 2 rooms, overall happy with the product :) and thanks to TE folks for their suggestions here:yahoo:

It has the latest firmware IN_1.10 and Date of Manufacture is Mar 2012

Back