Raspberry Pi

Any idea if touch screen function work on this, then i got my new carpc setup.
its for 2750 +vat from here with 5-10 days lead time
http://www.detna.com/shop/gadgets/tablets/raspberry-pi-sbc-model-b

If we can get xenarc or lilliput touchscreen driver for android then this is doable. Less space,heat,and battery drain. But again how would we feed power from battery ? Our current dc-dc PSU will work ?
I gotta give serious thinks on this one now. Will pm you if I find something interesting.

If we can get xenarc or lilliput touchscreen driver for android then this is doable. Less space,heat,and battery drain. But again how would we feed power from battery ? Our current dc-dc PSU will work ?
I gotta give serious thinks on this one now. Will pm you if I find something interesting.

Powering up will be easy - just a 5V regulator IC like 7805 can do that with minimum components and cost. You can always take the schematic to a local electronic repair shop and get it done by them. Problem will be the touchscreen driver and also shutting down the car pc.

Don't PM if you find something interesting - either post here or start a new thread - I'm interested too :) .

@tech.addict Sure Bhai. will create new thread for that. great to see more people are interested. Infortainment systems will be cheaper and easy to deploy in coming days.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a 7 inch touchscreen with VGA input. It supposedly uses eGalaxTouch drivers but the site to download drivers for ARM is down. I have bought the Pi for a Car PC project. Keeping my eye on Android 4.0 progress :)

Edit: The reason why I am inclined towards Android is GPS. I already have a bluetooth GPS receiver and I am not sure if there are any apps on Linux (that too for ARM) that I can use for navigation/directions.

Damn Google, See the precision of their advt on this topic.

RP.jpg

After a long lead time, i cancelled my order from rscomponents. Anybody bought from kitsspares? How is the delivery? The site still show the delivery begins in august 1 week. If i order now when do i get? Any other sites from india

After a long lead time, i cancelled my order from rscomponents. Anybody bought from kitsspares? How is the delivery? The site still show the delivery begins in august 1 week. If i order now when do i get? Any other sites from india

Ordered on 25.6.12. Received mine on 7.8.12 from KitnSpares.

I have bought many things from him and didn't have any issues. Have also got replacement for some defective items.
Got the pi in about 10 days.

Instead of creating a new thread, thought I would ask you guys here. Want to buy a RPI-compatible power adapter, wifi dongle and USB hub (to connect keyboard,mouse,wifi dongle and USB portable HDD/pen drive). Please suggest few with eBay links, if possible. TIA! :)

Sorry for the Off Topic I placed an order on RS Components India which has some problems though no payment has been made is it possible to cancel the order there doesn't seem to be any way to cancel the order on the website. Do they call and confirm the order before placing the order?

Sorry for the Off Topic I placed an order on RS Components India which has some problems though no payment has been made is it possible to cancel the order there doesn't seem to be any way to cancel the order on the website. Do they call and confirm the order before placing the order?

I'll pm you the contact details of their sales rep.
Mail her and don't forget to include your order details.

Back