Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

7 khoon Maaf - 8.5/10

Loved it! :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

arjun123 said:
7 khoon maaf

3/10

If you watched the movie and wondering why there are only 6 murders in the movie then you are forgetting yourself.
Dude, use the spoilers tag!!!! Sheeesh! :\

The Human Centipede : 8/10

Well it was different, a nice break from the usual B movie thriller. Its supposed to be really sickening movie (don't watch it with fam or friends or they'll probably not talk to you again), but I guess I've been desensitized lately,only watching horror and thrillers.

Going to attempt A Serbian Film next. They say a sicker, more messed up movie hasn't been made..

Params7 said:
The Human Centipede : 8/10

Well it was different, a nice break from the usual B movie thriller. Its supposed to be really sickening movie (don't watch it with fam or friends or they'll probably not talk to you again), but I guess I've been desensitized lately,only watching horror and thrillers.

Going to attempt A Serbian Film next. They say a sicker, more messed up movie hasn't been made..

released already???

Wow! Somebody just gave Human Centipede... a 8? :O. Different people, Different tastes, I guess. No disrespect to the one who rated it at 8/10, I have a different take on the film...

I've already ranted about it in abi - What is the scariest or creepiest movie ever? - Movies & Television - abi>>forums.

The idea of a human triplet, ones who can't walk because their knees are surgically removed and connecting their gastric system does qualify as "sick". But all the puke I did was before watching the movie thinking it was a bloody sick idea. But, right from the first scene, I was treated with lame acting, idiotic plot and not so much as a creepy scene. I did not even care about those two female leads. Let's see...

1. If your car tyre goes flat in the middle of nowhere, you don't go for replacing the flat tyre. Instead you seek help from others.
  2. In the middle of nowhere, with no cell phone reception, your best bet to find your way back is never the way you came, but ... walking right into the middle of nowhere.
  3. If you find a house in the middle of nowhere and the creepy man asks "Are you alone?", you answer "yes" and go inside.
  4. You don't make attempts to escape when the creepy doctor is out for a long time burying the incompatible "lead" and getting a Japanese man instead. Once you see the Doc arrive with anesthesia ready for the surgery, you can easily remove the belt tying you to the bed with your mouth and can escape. They seemed well awake when the Doc came in, otherwise, running out with blood spilling is not that simple if you are still sedated. Why not make an attempt a few mins ago, possibly releasing your friend and waiting with something to strike the Doc whenever he comes in?

For me, it was a 2/10. Except for the last scene, where I felt a bit "WTF", I thought it was nothing more than a brain fart -- A sick idea executed very poorly.

7 Khoon Maaf : 7/10

This is a dark one, so do not go expecting mumbo-jumbo. Sadly the director looses the grip 20 minutes into the movie but balances out the same post interval. Each of the victims has a decent personality and a well sketched out character.

PC, well. Role of a life-times. Glows well, and really shines at #4.

Do watch. Shows how Indian cinema is coming of age.

esanthosh said:
Wow! Somebody just gave Human Centipede... a 8? :O. Different people, Different tastes, I guess. No disrespect to the one who rated it at 8/10, I have a different take on the film...

I've already ranted about it in abi - What is the scariest or creepiest movie ever? - Movies & Television - abi>>forums.

The idea of a human triplet, ones who can't walk because their knees are surgically removed and connecting their gastric system does qualify as "sick". But all the puke I did was before watching the movie thinking it was a bloody sick idea. But, right from the first scene, I was treated with lame acting, idiotic plot and not so much as a creepy scene. I did not even care about those two female leads. Let's see...

1. If your car tyre goes flat in the middle of nowhere, you don't go for replacing the flat tyre. Instead you seek help from others.
  2. In the middle of nowhere, with no cell phone reception, your best bet to find your way back is never the way you came, but ... walking right into the middle of nowhere.
  3. If you find a house in the middle of nowhere and the creepy man asks "Are you alone?", you answer "yes" and go inside.
  4. You don't make attempts to escape when the creepy doctor is out for a long time burying the incompatible "lead" and getting a Japanese man instead. Once you see the Doc arrive with anesthesia ready for the surgery, you can easily remove the belt tying you to the bed with your mouth and can escape. They seemed well awake when the Doc came in, otherwise, running out with blood spilling is not that simple if you are still sedated. Why not make an attempt a few mins ago, possibly releasing your friend and waiting with something to strike the Doc whenever he comes in?

For me, it was a 2/10. Except for the last scene, where I felt a bit "WTF", I thought it was nothing more than a brain fart -- A sick idea executed very poorly.

*spoilers*

But that's the point of the movie. The dumb broads were stereotyped right from the very beginning, "spoiled American teenage girls touring Euro who know nothing about survival", you knew they were going to make stupid mistakes. If they avoided all errors, they would escape without harm and there would be no movie, that's the point of thrillers. Also, the girls had literally nowhere to go but in the house. They were lost in a jungle in party clothes middle of the night and they were creeped out by the dude who thought they were prostitutes. The fact that the movie got you to find ways for their survivals shows the movie did its tricks. Tell me one thriller/slasher involving teenagers/college students where they DON'T make extremely stupid mistakes to get themselves killed...

I thought the operation was pretty damn creepy :| The Asian lead guy I was rooting for him to kill the doc.

Its not a movie I'll be watching again. Their struggles were painful to watch but it was entertaining nonetheless, kept me involved and guessing throughout, which is why I gave it an 8. In other thriller/slashers I've been watching recently, I can pretty much predict what character is going to die next, but Centipede was different here.

PAPRIKA - 9/10

watched "Paprika", the movie from which the idea of the movie "Inception" was taken. its an old animated movie but i watched it yesterday :) awesome movie. much watch i would say if somebody hasn't watched it yet.

next i am going to watch "Millennium Actress" from the same director.

Params7 said:
*spoilers*

But that's the point of the movie. The dumb broads were stereotyped right from the very beginning, "spoiled American teenage girls touring Euro who know nothing about survival", you knew they were going to make stupid mistakes

*spoilers?*

Different people, different takes :)

My major complaint was that I did not care where the movie was going. I did not feel sorry for the broads nor care if the dramatic acting doc felt more constipated than creepy (when pulling out her teeth). I watched "Martyrs" not long before this movie. That made me feel for the characters. When I went into HC, I knew the basic idea. I thought it would make me 'sick to the stomach'. But instead, I sat through the whole movie oblivious to whatever was happening - bored and disconnected, looking at the time remaining, looking forward to something creepy happening. I was prepared so much for a 'miserable experience' with this movie, which I never got. You on the other hand, had the luck I did not have - involved, guessing what happens next. I just... didn't care. So, while I can understand your 8/10, for me, it still stands at 2/10.

Params7 said:
If they avoided all errors, they would escape without harm and there would be no movie, that's the point of thrillers. ......The fact that the movie got you to find ways for their survivals shows the movie did its tricks

Nopes! The point is IF it was involving, I'd have given it a higher rating and would not have even thought about it. Horror/Slasher/Thriller movies are meant to have dumb characters who walk into their own death when they could have avoided it a thousand different ways. The whole point is to make you forget (or get past and focus on "what's next") that you're watching the 20,534th dumbest death on screen.

PS: Glad that you chose to discuss rather than flame :)

^^ exactly the reason why I was totally bored by the ever popular Final Destination series. Could someone explain to me why that movie has so much appeal?

asingh said:
7 Khoon Maaf : 7/10

This is a dark one, so do not go expecting mumbo-jumbo. Sadly the director looses the grip 20 minutes into the movie but balances out the same post interval. Each of the victims has a decent personality and a well sketched out character.

PC, well. Role of a life-times. Glows well, and really shines at #4.

Do watch. Shows how Indian cinema is coming of age.
not quite sure about of your comment
for most of them its just their balance sheet that matters, their creative liberties end at "inspiration" from the west. :p

there are only a few film makers who make sensible cinema here

Back