Storage Solutions Read Error Rate Issue

DrKnocker510

Recruit
Hey buddies,

I have an Acer Predator (1050ti) Helios 300.
Last I've got it serviced. From then SMART says there is read write error on HDD. Is this some loose connection issue or the hdd needs replacement?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey buddies,

I have an Acer Predator (1050ti) Helios 300.
Last I've got it serviced. From then SMART says there is read write error on HDD. Is this some loose connection issue or the hdd needs replacement?

Thanks.
Post hdtune and hd sentinel data to suggest anything..

Post hdtune and hd sentinel data to suggest anything..
This is SMART Measure of Crystal Disk Info. Also along with HD Tune.

Attachments

• 1679925401612.png
    1679925401612.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 27-March-2023_19-41.png
    27-March-2023_19-41.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 27-March-2023_19-43.png
    27-March-2023_19-43.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I think the disk is failing. If the overall health status is good and you still get "Read Error Rate", then you can ignore it. But it's different here.

Here’s what RAW Read Error Rate means for a hard drive:

Early indicator of drive failure.
Data Corruption
Mechanical failure
Electrical issues – leads to data loss.

In a nutshell, the drive is physically worn out, and it’s time to replace it.

That would require removing the HDD, yes. You don't have to "service" the laptops like vehicles.
Understood. Desktops, i have messed around, yet I am afraid when it comes to Laptops. Everything is small and unknow to me. So, for removing the dust and reapplying thermals thought of giving it to better known person. And this happened. I am not sure to replace the HDD or buy an external one so that it can be useful in future.

Nothing to worry about here IMO. SMART collects info and stores this in the firmware. Sometime in the life of this hard drive it detected a read error due to whatever reason like a power issue or data corruption, maybe something like an unclean shutdown etc. may have caused it. It's permanently stored in the SMART data memory.

If this value increased overtime then immediately backup your data and replace the drive else ignore it.

Back