Monitors Recommend A LCD monitor and DVD-RW

shaplus

Disciple
I should buy a new LCD and DVD-RW as my 17" CRT:eek:hyeah:giving troubles and my Sony DVD-RW is not working....My budget for LCD is 10k and DVD-RW 1.2k....
Please suggest a good DVD-RW as i burn 40-50 dvds:) per month so it should be best and have good warranty.......
Ill buy 22' LCD for gaming and watching HD content so please suggest a good one under 10k

@agantuk....should i only go for dell and benq?? heard samsumg are also good???please explain

@CA50....what abt sony dvd-rw and their relieability & warranty???Also LG warranty???

@Nixy....spending more 500 bucks for 24" is easy but can my current board and cpu(see my sig) can handle it??? Ill get a new gpu after 6 months

need more replies.........

BenQ G2420HD-24"............pretty good for the price. Arnd 11k
Ur rig is more than enough to play HD movies, so no worrries.

abt DVD-RW warranty : any brand, if it fails one has to take it to RMA centre and get it repaired(no replacement whatsoever)

shaplus said:
@CA50....what abt sony dvd-rw and their relieability & warranty???Also LG warranty???
I personally owe 2 lg drives (refer my siggy), and i am fully satisfied with their performance. I don`t like sony, got a sony dvd-rw for my friend few weeks back and found that the drive takes ages to recognize a dvd :(, took that writer back to my dealer and got it replaced with a lg.

Both lg and sony writers comes with 1 year warranty. :)

thanksss CA50,Audiophi1le.......ill get LG dvd-rw...need more replies for LCD...what about samsung LCDs?? Can I connect my PS2 to any LCD to play games??

In chennai where ever i have approached asking for Benq they did not advice me to go for it, though they have the stock handy with them. Some of the shop guys are known to me cos i visit them frequently. They suggest to go for Dell or Samsung...

As you know Samsung LCD provides the exact color... their service is good... even Dell has the same features and its customer support is execellent.

Even i am doing a lot of reviews to choose a LCD cos i am planning to get one next week

^^ Yes samsung is very notable for it's displays, off tocpic, but even Panasonic use samsung picture tube for their 21" TV sets. Ask you dealer about both samsung & dell, go with brand which available easily with your trusted dealer as if in future any warranty problem arise he may help you lot.

HTH

shaplus said:
Can anyone please explain specifications of both dell and samsung in detail???
with regards to 22" displays, i am not going to specify all the details, but i would mention whats the similarity between ST2210 & B2230

DELL ST2210

1920*1080 1080P full HD (Its not 1080i)
HDMI port (No speakers in the display and i dont find a use of this port)
DVI port
Analog Port
Brightness 250 cd/m square (Just 2 CCFL lamps instead of 4 CCFL lamps as backlight) - Savings in power, but with the loss of some brightness
Contrast ratio of 50000:1

The vertical viewing angles are bad in ST2210 thats what users say.... but how much would that be of a concern for a Computer Monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samsung B2230

1920*1080 1080P full HD (Its not 1080i)
DVI port
Analog Port
Brightness 300 cd/m square
Contrast ratio of 70000:1

Samsung provides an option to control the gamma, which helps in better vertical viewing angles. B2230 is nothing but a upgraded firmware to B2233SW with slight modification to the looks...

The aspects mentioned above are the ones that you primarily need to look for while going in for a LCD.

Now its your call on which one to choose

Back