Recommend rechargeable led light for blackout situations

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Per title I'm looking for a rechargeable portable led light mostly higher wattage and long running hours for blackout-power cut like situations as off late electricity goes off during late evening hours pretty frequently.
Went through reviews that most bulbs ahow 12-14 wattage but once the power cuts, they glow only dim & not to their full wattage.

Suggest reasonable options & the one which stay true their wattage during power cuts.
Then can even think of buying 2 units.

Last edited:
Went through reviews that most bulbs ahow 12-14 wattage but once the power cuts, they glow only dim & not to their full wattage.
Right which is why I didn't bother
Suggest reasonable options & the one which stay true their wattage during power cuts.
Then can even think of buying 2 units.
Why not try an inverter? That's really the best option. Affordable too

Otherwise whatever emergency lights/lanterns you can find locally. These take long to charge and the battery dies after a couple of years

Better quality lights are pricey

This lantern seems reasonable

https://lightorati.in/led-lanterns/nitecore-lr40-rechargeable-retro-camping-lantern

Usb c rechargeable

Let someone post from IKEA next

Last edited:
Why not try an inverter? That's really the best option. Affordable too
My building is going under redev in another year or under hence not a viable option.

Otherwise whatever emergency lights/lanterns you can find locally. These take long to charge and the battery dies after a couple of years
Know that hence they are too be kept powered on aka on charging 24hrs and once the lights go off they turn on.

Better quality lights are pricey

This lantern seems reasonable

https://lightorati.in/led-lanterns/nitecore-lr40-rechargeable-retro-camping-lantern

Usb c rechargeable

Let someone post from IKEA next
Bit pricey are fine but serving the purpose is the ultimate goal! Unlike those costly Philips, advertised as 14 watts and glow 5w during power cuts.

Last edited:
This is not really a widely used product anymore as most people just get inverters. You will find on amazon one Wipro rechargeable LED light which people in my family who live in smaller towns use, works alright but seems to go bust in 2-3 years.

Bit pricey are fine but serving the purpose is the ultimate goal! Unlike those costly Philips, advertised as 14 watts and glow 5w during power cuts.
The form factor is very attractive and practical. The trouble is where to put the battery. One big enough that can deliver more than 5W equivalent

Sometimes I stick a torch with a magnetic base to the centre of the fan. But duration varies based on light level chosen. One hour of OK light or three plus with less

The form factor is very attractive and practical. The trouble is where to put the battery. One big enough that can deliver more than 5W equivalent

Sometimes I stick a torch with a magnetic base to the centre of the fan. But duration varies based on light level chosen. One hour of OK light or three plus with less
Missed to read it runs on external batteries and the one I'm looking for is rechargeable/in-built batteries charging on a usb interface.
Very much inclined towards this might get this one if I do not get more options.

Any more options?

1. Video lights: dimmable + selctable colour temperature​

• If you hate the glare of cold (bluish) LEDs, this is what you want.
  • Warmer (yellowish) light feels more natural to the eyes
  • Swappable batteries: same batteries as DSLRs, so easy to find. You can increase run time by buying extra batteries later if needed.
  • Brightness adjustable as needed, or to increase runtime
Example link @ 2.8k

2. Power bank + USB lights​

• If you already own a powerbank, try this option first.
  • Some people are fine with low/medium brightness lights, so this will be the cheapest option
  • Lower brightness = longer runtime
  • You can easily buy a bigger powerbank or brighter LED as and when required
  • Negative: depending on LED, the powerbank may not detect the low current draw and turn off
Example link @ 189 for 5-pack

3.​

Was looking for a rechargeable led myself and have shortlisted this one :
https://www.amazon.in/Safari-Emergency-Lantern-Mobile-Charging/dp/B0B6VP46LP
This actually looks like the best option: powerbank + bright LEDs in one package
Only negative is recharge time seems long

Back