Monitors Repair Monitor (flickering)

fractal

Disciple
I have a 27" Full Hd Benq LCD monitor just out of warranty which has developed a flicker/screen jumps and moving random horizontal lines on the monitor. There is no physical damage to the monitor and it is not a driver issue (problem is seen even in a standalone monitor). I checked with local shops but they did not have the expertise

Can anyone suggest any repair shop in Bangalore or even any online service that they may have used

Yes! This did work initially when the problem appeared but has no effect now.
Have you shown it to some TV repair shop? Usually they can fix it but if there are vertical/horizontal lines which are discolored. Nothing can be done since it's usually a faulty panel but you can be lucky if it's the IC which can be reflowed or replaced.

Last edited:
Yes! This did work initially when the problem appeared but has no effect now.
I think the fault is most likely with the FFC cable. Open your monitor by watching a youtube video and locate this cable which connects LCD panel to mother PCB. Disconnect the cable on both ends.

You have 3 options,
1. Rubs the contact points using non-dust eraser. Clean the socket with alcohol and tooth brush.
2. If contact points are beyond repair, trim the ends using a pair of scissors and trace the new contact points using a sharp blade.
3. Replace the cable. You can buy one online on Amazon. Find it by the model number printed on the cable.

After that, plug the cable on both ends and start the monitor without assembling first.
I had same issue like yours.

Back