CPU/Mobo Replacement Mobo For q6600

My motherboard asus p5q pro conked of because of water damage caused by water seeping in the lan cable socket through the cable...

i have given it at the repair centre ..but its busted up pretty bad....a couple of ics have developed rust arnd them

so looking for alternatives...

i searched arnd ..there is absolutely no chance of buying a new p45 motherbaord..
i did manage to find a used one..a p5q pro ..but hte sellers quoting 7ks for it..

so should i buy it....i just love the setup i have right now....i would like the p5q pro again

or go for a new g41 chipset mobo with ddr3 ram...it should cost me around the same in the end

but the g41 boards are mini atx and might not have as many sata ports and fan pin connectors ...which i dont mind sacrificing if i could get a slight performance bump from ddr3 ...also is g41 as capable as p45 ...i could easily oc my q6600 to 3.4 ghz on air on the p45

please advice

Feature wise, you'll get more from p45 than from g41, as you already said g41 is mATX. Its said that G series is for budget minded and P series is oriented towards enthusiasts. It would be interesting to check if everything else is kept same, could g41 delivers same performance as p45 chipset. For G41 chipset with DDR3 you can look at MSI G41-M26, Biostar G41M7 ver7, Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2P or ASUS P5G41T-M mobos.

I was in such situation couple of years ago. I had a C2D E6550 - 2.33GHz on P5Q running stable at 3GHz with a cooler. But my board too had conked off and I ended up buying G41 combo from Gigabyte. It could hardly pass 2.5GHz on that mobo. So if buying G41 mobo do not expect much out of it. BTW 7K for P5Q Pro is too much.

ok , thanks...but am now thinking of jumping on the haswell wagon ...but its a mess ..u cant overclock even a bit on the non k processors.. say the core i5 4430...id be stuck on 3.2 ghz after spending close to 25k on the haswell setup ...procy + mobo + ddr 3 ram

really confused should i go ahead with the core i5 443o or is there a better amd alternative???

Back