Ripping DVD

HareshG

Disciple
Nov 9, 2007
Hellos!

I need to rip a few dvd's , the catch being they are on my hard-drive as opposed to being actually on a 'DVD' , long way round would be to burn the files on a dvd and rip it from there. I want to avoid that. I also do not want to rip each vob manually and then use a 'joiner' on each of the segments.

Is there any way to achieve the above ?

Cheers!

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
Nov 19, 2008
Bangalore
HareshG said:
Hellos!

I need to rip a few dvd's , the catch being they are on my hard-drive as opposed to being actually on a 'DVD' , long way round would be to burn the files on a dvd and rip it from there. I want to avoid that. I also do not want to rip each vob manually and then use a 'joiner' on each of the segments.

Is there any way to achieve the above ?

Cheers!

What are you trying to achieve? Make a smaller Xvid / DivX rip from the existing DVD (on your HD) or create a DVD from the existing file set, which will run on Standalone players?

HareshG

Disciple
Nov 9, 2007
I am trying to make a smaller Xvid / DivX rip from the existing DVD (on HD). Also this is not a .iso file , its just a folder copy-paste.

I'll have a look at DVD Decrypter.

EDIT : DVD decrypter seems to work only on drive and it may not be what i am looking for..

Cheers!

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
HareshG said:
I am trying to make a smaller Xvid / DivX rip from the existing DVD (on HD). Also this is not a .iso file , its just a folder copy-paste.

I'll have a look at DVD Decrypter.

EDIT : DVD decrypter seems to work only on drive and it may not be what i am looking for..

Cheers!
you can make an iso of the dvd folder and load the iso to a virtual dvd drive using any of those free tools floating on the web....

rohit3192

Disciple
Dec 27, 2010
Well DVD decrypter does not work with either Video TS folder or .iso file mounted to virtual drive.

Solution:

Use Join Vob tool (available from CNET)

then join movies files (first one starts from .99GB capacity they look like VTS_01,VTS_02,...)

It will join file is just 5 minutes and give you 1 vob file.

Now you can convert with Format factory or avidemux.

I have converted atleast 10 Dvds in past week with this method and "all is well"(by baba ranchore das)

tommy_vercetti

Skilled
Apr 20, 2006
Mumbai/Bangalore
www.boricha.org